Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,778 members, 7,862,592 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 08:06 PM

Stay Off Our National Protest, Coalition Warn Security agencies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stay Off Our National Protest, Coalition Warn Security agencies (633 Views)

Senate Shut Down As Security Agencies Lay Siege On Presiding Officers Homes / Insecurity: Senators Demand Sack Of Service Chiefs, Security Agencies Heads.. / National Protest: Organizers Release Timetable For February 5th Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stay Off Our National Protest, Coalition Warn Security agencies by sirequity(m): 1:38pm On Feb 01, 2017
SECURITY Agencies in the country has been warned to keep off ‎from the vicinity of the forth-coming National Protest scheduled to hold nationwide on the 5th of this month.‎

Issuing the warning, the National Secretariat of Democracy Coalition said it has become imperative judging from its intelligence gathering‎ that the Federal Government has mobilised
combined team of security forces in the country with the clear mandate t‎o disrupt, intimidate and arrest the celebrities who have agreed to l‎ead it ‎Peaceful National Protest on the 5th o‎f February to draw attention to outright abdication of governance by ‎President Muhammadu Buhari and it’s resultant effects on the suffering a‎nd dying people of Nigeria‎.‎

The coalition alleged that security agencies were also given the mandate to kill as many ‎Nigerians as possible who will join the protest.‎

“For the avoidance of doubt, the failed Nigerian government under the ‎tyrannical rule of General Muhammadu Buhari should be informed that t‎he upcoming protest is a movement which no force on earth can stop,” adding ‎that “any attempt to use the brutal force of dictatorial power on innocent N‎igerians who will use the protest to express their frustration with ‎the Buhari administration would lead to Nigerian-styled Arab Spring,” the group said in a statement signed by its National Coordinator, ‎Mr. Michael Williams.‎

The group which said to be forewarned is to be forearmed‎ concluded by thanking Nigerians for their great support f‎or the upcoming protest, promising never to let them down.

This warning is coming two days after‎ Lagos State Police Commissioner, Fatai Owoseni, says the command is aware of a proposed demonstration which popular artiste, 2face Idibia, plans to lead.‎

Mr. Owoseni said this on Monday while addressing journalists in Lagos.

‎The police chief also paraded the publisher of Biafra Times and nine others for allegedly publishing and circulating seditious and malicious publication.

‎In his address on the protest, the police chief said although his command is yet to be officially notified, he assured that the police would not allow unscrupulous elements to hijack the protest.

‎2face, the African Queen crooner, recently took to his Instagram handle, @official2baba, calling on his fans and followers to join in the nationwide protest scheduled for February 5.

‎He stated: “First Massive Nationwide Protests.

‎“A call for good governance.
A call for urgent explanation into the reckless economic downturn nationwide….to come out and protest this obnoxious and baseless policies and excuses of the government of the day.”

‎Reacting, popular comedian, Bovi Ugboma, said he would not join the protest.

Bovi on his Instagram handle: ‏@officialBovi stated, “Boycott” is too strong a word to describe my not attending. I won’t be there. Simple. It doesn’t define whether I support it or not.

“I am not joining the protest, and stop saying ‘we’ and ‘us.’ You don’t belong…..my life is not governed by your opinions of me.”

Similarly, popular Yoruba actress, Funke Adesiyan, who disagreed with 2face over the plan said that protest was not the only option.

The actress, who recently completed a course in film-making and directing at the New York Film Academy in the U.S, stressed the importance of youth participation in governance.

The Yoruba actress who contested and lost the Oyo State House of Assembly election under the umbrella of PDP in 2015, stated on her Instagram handle, @funkeadesiyan, that,“When people ask me why I joined politics, I tell them from the truest of my heart that it is because I got tired of how things were being done in my country.

“It’s not enough for us to protest, it’s more important for us, youths of this beloved nation, to get involved in governance. You could try many times before you achieve it,” Adesiyan stated.

Ekiti State governor, Ayo Fayose, on Monday said he will be partaking in the upcoming nationwide protest led by Innocent ‘Tuface’ Idibia.

“To organisers of Feb. 5 “Enough is Enough” National Protest, you have my total support and I will be part of the protest,” the governor said.

http://www.socialtimesng.com/2017/02/national-protest-coalition-warn-security-agencies/

Re: Stay Off Our National Protest, Coalition Warn Security agencies by ozoebuka1(m): 2:53pm On Feb 01, 2017
when they will shoot people dead on that day my empathy will be on a zero fuq... biafran protests that have claimed so many lives coupled with the disdain the Nigerian citizens attached to them should have been enough warning to any father, mother,and youth that want to join this protest!!! If people get gunned down on that day, you will still see some people celebrate it because they say "one good turn deserves another"
Re: Stay Off Our National Protest, Coalition Warn Security agencies by sarrki(m): 3:29pm On Feb 01, 2017
There is freedom of expression

Let them protest

It's there constitutional right
Re: Stay Off Our National Protest, Coalition Warn Security agencies by BiafranPrince: 3:39pm On Feb 01, 2017
If u rejoiced when they killed peaceful unarmed Biafran protesters, and you are planning to join this protest, MAY STRAY BULLET KILL YOU,and may YOUR DEATH be a source of scorn to you, and joy to others...

If you quote me to say rubbish, may stray bullet take you down too.........

rubbish
Dem no see Elijah, dem no see rain undecided undecided undecided

(1) (Reply)

Drama As The #istandwithbuhari group rally Unfolds same day #istandwithtuface / Trump Purported Comments With Buhari Written By Lai Mohammed / Why Nigerians Are Facing Hardship - Ag. President, Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.