Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,210 members, 7,853,121 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:31 AM

Ambode Signs Death Penalty For Kidnappers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Signs Death Penalty For Kidnappers (14780 Views)

Governor Ambode Signs 7 New Bills Into Law, Guarantees 24-hours Power Supply / Death Penalty For Cultism, Robbery, Kidnapping In Rivers State / 2017 Budget: Ambode Signs N812.998bn Appropriation Bill Into Law(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode Signs Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Kalman(m): 3:57pm On Feb 01, 2017
Amobode

May God bless you and all of Lagos. Other state... make una dey see OOOooooooo
Its high time all this madness ends
Re: Ambode Signs Death Penalty For Kidnappers by dee02(m): 3:59pm On Feb 01, 2017
Awesome.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Signs Death Penalty For Kidnappers by 0b10010011: 4:00pm On Feb 01, 2017
Pritypussi:

They have ugwu leaves they can chew like ruminants and akpu to swallow.
They are constituting nuisance in SW especially Lagos. I saw an old ordely picture of Lagos before the influx of these osus and I was marvelled

Igbos stop running to SW. it's not London or Heaven

To be sincere, it's like London to them, you need to see how they celebrate in the village when one of there young lad is coming to the West, it's always like he is going to the USA.

But I must agree with you about there sporadic influx. I think Western Governors might be forced to go the Trump way by banning some eastern states from coming into the West.

We have really tried for them over the years and now it should b "Westerners First"

6 Likes

Re: Ambode Signs Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Jabioro: 4:03pm On Feb 01, 2017
I concur ,is a good one. among all the nation APC state Lagos is doing better.. they should used the state as template even at federal level.
Re: Ambode Signs Death Penalty For Kidnappers by discman2k2(m): 4:03pm On Feb 01, 2017
Excellent one @ Governor : a kidnpapper is a murderer & Armed robber all in one. They are even worse than these two since they make the minds of the Victims family members not to be at rest.

Fully supported.
Re: Ambode Signs Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Stricker321: 4:04pm On Feb 01, 2017
ceometromedia:
Lagos State Governor, Mr Akinwunmi Ambode on Wednesday signed into law the anti-kidnapping bill recently passed by the State House of Assembly, with a pledge to ensure its full implementation to eradicate kidnapping once and for all in the State.

The Prohibition of the Act of Kidnapping Law imposes a penalty of life imprisonment on kidnapping for ransom. The law also stipulates that where a victim dies in the course of kidnap, the suspect is liable on conviction to death.

I don't agree with the bold part, kidnappers should be executed whether their victims die in custody or not.

Death penalty is the right way to go.

Nonsense.
Re: Ambode Signs Death Penalty For Kidnappers by AuroraB(f): 4:06pm On Feb 01, 2017
How about rapists? Or is that not much of a crime? undecided
Re: Ambode Signs Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Maydfourth: 4:10pm On Feb 01, 2017
I love you Akinwumi Ambode....Oyato si awon gbantueyo Governors....
Re: Ambode Signs Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Nobody: 4:11pm On Feb 01, 2017
Asito:
will this penalty also affect a dullard that kidnapped our kwarraption?

Sometimes it's good you keep mute when u got nothing to say

1 Like

Re: Ambode Signs Death Penalty For Kidnappers by T9ksy(m): 4:13pm On Feb 01, 2017
Pritypussi:

They have ugwu leaves they can chew like ruminants and akpu to swallow.
They are constituting nuisance in SW especially Lagos. [b]I saw an old ordely picture of Lagos before the influx of these osus [/b]and I was marvelled

Igbos stop running to SW. it's not London or Heaven

Sis, I do remember how serene and peaceful lagos was before these locusts migrated to the land chanting "One Nigeria" like blo.ody inebriated newts hence the reason why i can't wait for them to actualise their much hyped "Land of the rising sun".

I have my broom at hand.................................

1 Like

Re: Ambode Signs Death Penalty For Kidnappers by igwedubai2(m): 4:14pm On Feb 01, 2017
Ok Oooo. Tell the judiciary for delay of kidnapers judgment
Re: Ambode Signs Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Guyman02: 4:14pm On Feb 01, 2017
Pritypussi:
no more business for Osus in Lagos..

#Igbos leave SW for yorubas. Think home, go home

E Pain am well well, why all the bitterness? embarassed
Re: Ambode Signs Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Pritypussi(f): 4:17pm On Feb 01, 2017
T9ksy:

Sis, I do remember how serene and peaceful lagos was before these locusts migrated to the land chanting "One Nigeria" like blo.ody inebriated newts hence the reason why i can't wait for them to actualise their much hyped "Land of the rising sun".

I have my broom at hand.................................

Seriously.

I think Yoruba youths should rise now and protest against the influx and deliberate insults of these pests competing with yoruba sons and daughters on yoruba soil
what they can't take in their lands

1 Like

Re: Ambode Signs Death Penalty For Kidnappers by malware: 4:20pm On Feb 01, 2017
DuBLINGreenb:
The job has to be cleaner from now on, no mistakes.

No matter how clean the job is executed on constant basis, it would definitely be stained with some dirts one day.
Re: Ambode Signs Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Nobody: 4:25pm On Feb 01, 2017
He kept appealing the case till it reached the supreme court where they affirmed his death penalty (2016)... so now Rev. King is going to die by hanging except a Lagos state Governor or the President of Nigeria intervenes with official pardon.

holamiday:
Fake death penalty. Even unquestionable death penalties are hardly carried out. Revd. king who committed murders on many different levels and was sentenced to death 7 years ago, is still alive now, I suppose. I wait to be corrected.
Re: Ambode Signs Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Onechoice(m): 4:26pm On Feb 01, 2017
When will our Governor sign death penality for public office holders that embezzle public fund?.

Mstcheeeewww. Iranu, radarad
Re: Ambode Signs Death Penalty For Kidnappers by T9ksy(m): 4:26pm On Feb 01, 2017
Pritypussi:

Seriously.

I think Yoruba youths should rise now and protest against the influx and deliberate insults of these pests competing with yoruba sons and daughters on yoruba soil
what they can't take in their lands

I have always advocated they they should be given the hausa/fulani treatment as that's the only message that akpu-chopping flat he.ads can comprehend. You will never hear them insults the northerners the way they throw umbrage at us, their saviour. Anyway, i take solace in the fact that by their DNA, they can't help but (soon) climb their trees beyond its leaves.

This last time, some of their miscreants were relocated back to their erosion-ravaged homeland, their leaders came a begging with their red caps in hand citing all sort of nonsense why we should let them be b ut yet what do we get for our magnanimity to those ingrates but insults
Re: Ambode Signs Death Penalty For Kidnappers by mickeymimi: 4:27pm On Feb 01, 2017
Well done sir ...
Re: Ambode Signs Death Penalty For Kidnappers by eyinjuege: 4:31pm On Feb 01, 2017
That's all.

It remains death penalty for paedophiles.

Time to push this forward.
Re: Ambode Signs Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Icon79(m): 4:32pm On Feb 01, 2017
I am not a proponent of the death penalty but, if anyone deserves death penalty, those kidnappers definitely deserve it.

They are the worst human beings on earth.

O pari
Re: Ambode Signs Death Penalty For Kidnappers by kingthreat(m): 4:36pm On Feb 01, 2017
holamiday:
Fake death penalty. Even unquestionable death penalties are hardly carried out. Revd. king who committed murders on many different levels and was sentenced to death 7 years ago, is still alive now, I suppose. I wait to be corrected.

Rev king is serving his sentence till death. Stop talking ignorantly
Re: Ambode Signs Death Penalty For Kidnappers by SmartyPants(m): 4:41pm On Feb 01, 2017
Mutuwa:

Ditto

May folks and Children of any chump who opposes this Law,be kidnapped,and never seen again.

Just look a this...A prime example of why Nigeria with a healthy share of the world's valuable resources remains poor and backward.
Re: Ambode Signs Death Penalty For Kidnappers by SalomonKane: 4:42pm On Feb 01, 2017
AuroraB:
How about rapists? Or is that not much of a crime? undecided
Perhaps they know people who are rapists, that's why they ignore cases of rape.
Re: Ambode Signs Death Penalty For Kidnappers by adedehinbo(m): 4:44pm On Feb 01, 2017
the Igbo's re avoiding this thread like a snake running for a mongoose, if its a case of biaffraud now u will comments, 100likes etc why re they silent?is it because they know many of their blood brothers would be affected? fucking Igbos
Re: Ambode Signs Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Horus(m): 4:47pm On Feb 01, 2017
Sunky200:
i support this

patiently waiting for the day death or life imprisonment will be the penalty for armed robbery, millitancy and terrorism

And death penalty for Corruption
Re: Ambode Signs Death Penalty For Kidnappers by SmartyPants(m): 4:53pm On Feb 01, 2017
When will these leaders learn? Where in the world has the death penalty solved any crime problem?

Lets look at this critically:

When caught, kidnappers are either immediately lynched or shot in combat with the police ( or extra-judicially executed sometimes). The average kidnapper is fully aware of this which means that for them to go ahead with a life o crime, they have already reconciled their minds with the possibility of death. Therefore threat of death upon capture will not give any kidnapper any special reason to stop kidnapping.

Furthermore, even if the threat of death would be enough to compel kidnappers to be reformed, this threat can only carry meaning if it comes along with the increased capability to actually catch kidnappers. Imagine a fat man chasing after Usain Bolt and threatening to beat him when he catches him. Would such a threat be meaningful? So the first and most important step is upgrading the capabilities of the security agencies, which itself would act as a very powerful deterrent to crime of all types.

#Nodeathpenalty

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Signs Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Josmila(m): 4:53pm On Feb 01, 2017
Good one the people's Governor!

The Governor others wish they had.

Dan sarki mai takalmin karfe na gaishe ka!!
Re: Ambode Signs Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Babaevans1(m): 4:57pm On Feb 01, 2017
Suddenly, every yoruba man is now from lagos. Nawa
Re: Ambode Signs Death Penalty For Kidnappers by arsenal33: 5:03pm On Feb 01, 2017
Asito:
will this penalty also affect a dullard that kidnapped our kwarraption?

it will affect the man that said stealing is not kwarraption

1 Like

Re: Ambode Signs Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Horus(m): 5:28pm On Feb 01, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBK3KMqZwak

Changing tactics of kidnappers
Re: Ambode Signs Death Penalty For Kidnappers by danthamccoy(m): 5:33pm On Feb 01, 2017
Blue3k:
I don't agree with this. Death penalty should be reserved for killers. Logically if the threat of death exist even if you succeed in getting ransom paid, it makes sense to kill your victim anyway.
Did you actually read the article?

1 Like

Re: Ambode Signs Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Nobody: 5:45pm On Feb 01, 2017
kingthreat:

Rev king is serving his sentence till death. Stop talking ignorantly
Ignoramus. I already said i wait to be corrected.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fani-kayode Is Hungry – Group Blasts Ex-minister / Erring Igbo Elders Should Be Stoned – Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth Council Backs Kanu / Banditry And Atiku's "90% Voters" By Abimbola Adelakun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.