Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,867 members, 7,866,330 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 03:13 PM

Characteristics Of A Good Christian - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Characteristics Of A Good Christian (1678 Views)

Where Can I Find Good Christian Telegram Channel? / 13 Ways To know if you are really a good Christian / Ten Characteristics Of A Church Choir (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Characteristics Of A Good Christian by Nobody: 2:14am On Feb 05, 2017
karacta1:
While we wait. I don't know the angle he will come from but i know there is something fundamentally not right with that question.
I was tempted to act on it but cos of sincere4u i backed down and left the thread.
Exactly, you already got my flow.
Re: Characteristics Of A Good Christian by Nobody: 2:57am On Feb 05, 2017
easterwick:

Yes i saw her signature
is the reason why i reask so to tell her my experience with the bible cuz i was once like that thinking i love jesus until i saw the real world that there is a restrainer conceal evil until it is remove i dont really love him

I am touched by your eventual humility that much of what i had wanted to overturn in all you had been typing has been shelved.
I took a glance at your topics on your profile and immediately understood your strengths and weaknesses. Far be it from me to state anything that will discourage you and may God forgive me if i have already done that unknowingly.
I want to make it known that in as much as the holy spirit gives us the enabling, the existing and inherent dept of intelligence and understanding we have goes a long way in determining how much use we are in the hands of God.
Check out the pedigree of most of the renown men of God in our country alone. From Kumuyi to Gbile Akanni, Adeboye, Oyedepo, Matthew, Chris Oyakhilome. You hear of 1st class holders, great university academicians and men of remarkable understanding and intelligence. Their inherent intelligence to me culminates in better understanding of Godly ways and scriptures.
Apostle Paul as you mentioned wrote something you said Peter didn't understand, but Paul understood. Paul was a man who wasn't there while Christ was with them but to me it seemed he was greatly used so much so that he even wrote more of the books in the old testament if i am not wrong.
No matter your level, it doesn't stop God from making the best out of you. There are different kinds of vessels if you can remember and some used for more noble purposes than others.
One thing i want to appeal to you is to test every spirit and make sure you are properly guided. I must point out to you that there are deceiving spirits and one way to avoid falling prey to a deceiving spirit is to have a mentor.
In our dealings with spiritual matters, we need to be properly guided and mentored.
No matter your level, God will still use you for he uses the foolish things of this world to shame the Wise.
just typed things i ordinarily would never have typed here because of you thereby exposing myself to unnecessary ridicule by men of little understanding.
I don't know you and you don't have to tell me anything about yourself after this. You don't know me either but believe me, i have being through much of the length and breath of spiritual things. There isn't so much you can tell me that is so new to me.
Re: Characteristics Of A Good Christian by Nobody: 3:40am On Feb 05, 2017
Now let me come to the crux of the matter.
I can imagine a situation where an adult approaches me in real life and asks me the question: Are you a man?.
I do take him to be a lunatic or something.
If as a total stranger, i were to approach a lady whose gender by all specifications should be well known to anybody and ask her if she's a lady, she do quickly run to safety, raise an alarm or both.
No sane man or even insane fellow(depending on the level of insanity) is expected to ask such question in any society. Nobody can normally be expected to give an answer to a question like that except something is also mentally wrong with that person.
You saw on the OP's profile "I LOVE JESUS" written in full capital letters.The next thing you did was to ask her "DO YOU LOVE JESUS?".My dear that your question doesn't even deserve an answer at all.The kindest response you could've gotten from anybody is a snub.On the other hand, majority of people would've thrown back a deserving insult of various degree, depending on the individual.It was completely absurd, a belittling question.She might look very young but she is not a kid in anyway.Most nairalanders would've insulted you right away and it wouldn't have been undeserving.When i saw your question i felt so disgusted. That i quickly left the thread. I had hoped she will be kind enough to just ignore it but she went out of her way to reply you.By this you had succeeded in making her look foolish yet you dropped another one. I already knew another one will follow the moment she awarded you a response.You have given your reasons but your questions really made us all feel foolish and childish.Since you saw her signature, a proper question(based on your motive) would've looked like this:Do you really love Jesus?.By this you would've implied you knew she says she loves Jesus yet there is something you were driving at, a point you wanted to make clear.This would've saved us some face.You can be sure she wasn't comfortable with the first one but was trying hard to be accommodating by committing herself to replying you. After you dropped the second one, she suspended answers with a vague reply.Now her last reply really left no room for whatever you were driving at and if you had waited you could've waited forever because it was an obvious suspension of further replies
Re: Characteristics Of A Good Christian by Nobody: 5:15am On Feb 05, 2017
Karacta is not only a full grown man but also a highly successful entrepreneur, an employer of labour that could offer better jobs to a lot of people in this forum and so can i.
None of us is a kid or under 30. The OP is someone me and Karacta had been associating with. We are like following her lead and by virtually making a fool out of her with such childish questions we both also felt fooled and insulted.
She herself is a full grown adult, a blogger and by extension a budding entrepreneur in her own rights. What played out here virtually made a fool out of all of us.
If i had known she would reply a question like that i would've cut in earlier not to talk of giving room for a second one.
Re: Characteristics Of A Good Christian by Nobody: 5:30am On Feb 05, 2017
Right now i feel stupid having typed all these.
Let me round off by saying that praying for my enemies is the easiest thing i had ever had to do as a Christian. I don't even view human beings as enemies for how can one hope to be used to convert people he or she views with enmity.
Yes i also pray for them normally, wishing them well. That was my kind of Christianity and not so much has changed in the way i view others today.
Will i ordinarily go into my room, shut my doors and pray for God to make so called enemies live longer and more prosperous than me?.
Really?. Am i that jobless?. That again is childish thinking to me.
Nobody ordinarily does such things for we all have better things preoccupying our minds but when the occasion arises, when something really brings that to the fore, then we act accordingly to show ourselves to be true Christians.
Re: Characteristics Of A Good Christian by Nobody: 5:53am On Feb 05, 2017
I have nothing against you except the way you made us look foolish with very absurd questions. How good it would have been if you had tried concentrating on the topic like two people have rightly done. We would've appreciated that than derailing the entire thread by looking for room to tell us about yourself. I am sorry to say but that is what i feel you just did. If only the questions themselves were ok, it still could've been fine.
If really you wanted to go by questions, some have posted things you know are unscriptural.
Why didn't you quote them and question their non biblical opinions rather than going for the OP?.
Let me tell you the result of what you just did.
By asking her such unnecessary questions, she certainly would've been discouraged from creating more topics.
She is a very sensitive person and very busy as well. why would she create more topics only for someone to take more of her time by asking such questions. Making it look like she did something wrong by sharing her thoughts.
Next time do us the favour of concentrating on the topic.
That would've saved me from exposing myself too to ridicule by typing all these in an attempt to explain things to you.
If only she had not gone out of her way by replying, if only i had known she was going to reply?.
Re: Characteristics Of A Good Christian by Nobody: 7:16am On Feb 05, 2017
Sincere4u that you exposed yourself to ridicule by this lengthy reply is an understatement. It'll take great luck for certain set of people to come around and not ridicule this lengthy reply.
Just as the Queen tried giving him answers but eventually gave up, ridicules may be the price you have to pay by trying to give him explanations.
Just brace up for it and endure whatever bashing that may result.
I totally agree with your opinion on the kind of questions thrown at the Queen. Absurdity best describes them. Wish she ignored them.
I know she was doing her best to be nice and accommodating.
Re: Characteristics Of A Good Christian by Nobody: 10:58am On Feb 05, 2017
Sincere4u i think you really wasted your time by giving the guy all those explanations. I'm just back from his threads.
Omo you should've clicked on some of those threads to see their contents rather than the topics.
Just checkout the title that stated: Paul christ vs Jesus Christ, then you'll fully understand who we have in our hands.
Bro, you wasted your time and efforts on this guy. In between your lines i know you are addressing him as a man of reduced intelligence but what i saw is much more than that.
I don't want to offend you by being so blunt and may God also forgive me for saying this but it could be we are dealing with a L*n*t*c here.
I should have checked this up earlier and told you since you were largely offline during the period.
Sincere4u save your breath and let's leave this guy.
He's on his own. I suggest we stop giving him any more attention. Shalom!
Re: Characteristics Of A Good Christian by Nobody: 12:09pm On Feb 05, 2017
karacta1:
Sincere4u i think you really wasted your time by giving the guy all those explanations. I'm just back from his threads.
Omo you should've clicked on some of those threads to see their contents rather than the topics.
Just checkout the title that stated: Paul christ vs Jesus Christ, then you'll fully understand who we have in our hands.
Bro, you wasted your time and efforts on this guy. In between your lines i know you are addressing him as a man of reduced intelligence but what i saw is much more than that.
I don't want to offend you by being so blunt and may God also forgive me for saying this but it could be we are dealing with a L*n*t*c here.
I should have checked this up earlier and told you since you were largely offline during the period.
Sincere4u save your breath and let's leave this guy.
He's on his own. I suggest we stop giving him any more attention. Shalom!
Thanks a lot. You just saved me from wasting more of my time. Came to see if he has responded but with your discovery i better not waste more time.
I actually clicked on one of his topics but what i saw had no punctuation at all making it hard to understand so i didn't bother checking more.
Will largely follow your advice and leave the guy.
I may not be coming online very often cos of some issues i am having here besides i think my account has been tampered with.
Had wanted to deactivate it days earlier but just decided to leave it for the main time.
I saw the Queen's new beautiful thread. We both know what to expect from Nairalanders on a topic like that.
There'll be insults and abuses here and there. please do well to ignore all and not get into fights no matter the insult.
Re: Characteristics Of A Good Christian by easterwick(m): 7:40pm On Feb 05, 2017
Christianity na wa o see blasting.. nor be una be the OP i ask d question b4
she reply me with a sincere answer and i commend her for it cuz i have heard many times where ministers who have receive the spirit of sonship[to be called sons of God] and they preach to the congregation that "abide in my love less men will cast you in fire"after the sermon they raise a prayer of enemie die,as so on but first i didnt know what was going on until the great tribulation i found out it is not our fault at all no one is on the side of jesus christ, everybody is deceived by the spirit that dwel in us if i tell you i love jesus christ am a liar because i dont know the son nor the father the only way i will love the son or the father is to see everybody,all religions as ONE.. with meekness and charity regardless what they will do to me ingnorantly... so that was the message i was trying to give queen, that we are not of our own cuz there is something inside us that will divert us away from loving him and if we dont love him our faith is useless... so it what d spirit[serpent] inside us is doing, this is not taught in church anymore...
SO AM SORRY IF THE QUESTION OFFEND OTHERS
the way you all view it is different from my own view that is why many people call me mad man, how can a man know who is killing him and robbing his greatness and still surrender everything and prayed the person to live long and prosper in all his/her doing this is the main reason the synagogue i was going to drove me away and left me for the enemie...i dwell in their midst as write now i live with those who falsified the faith and am very happy i was tried, seduce many things happen but glory be to God am happy and contended cuz am alone with the holy spirit which is the testimony between me and God.. christ told me dat non one of your hair will be forgotten that i should not fear them cuz am more value than many sparrow so every body has his part in the kingdom of God some are adopted to preach,some are to bear fruits
paul said he was to plant why apollos is to water but he paul is to be their spiritual father
you cant expect those who is to preach and to bear fruits to be the same for one might be corrupt why other kept his tree from corruption so the fruit will be good for life but all receive the same spirit, this is very visible in the church today it is obvious but "more grace"
i wouldnt have been saying all this check my profile my message they are all folly to the reader, it does not make sense at all it is foolishnes no comma,no punctua no understanding, they are all not aligning to the way of life but wisdom is justified by her children
i dont know anything at all and i can not preach nor teach my brother but can give my brother warning no one is a teacher except God any one who have learn from him can seperate truth from lies and can identify the lawless son
PLEASE DONT BE OFFENDED ANYONE READING THIS POST ABOUT THE QUESTION I ASK take it like am not of myself 'AM A LUNATIC' it is d first belittle i have receive through my persecution i even have record in the psychiatric hospital so that certified me.
that is not the only name i have be called
i have be acclaimed lucifer,king of witches in nigeria,the one that have the most strongest/harden heart cuz i refuse to go to battle by sending fire on enemies
i heard Sin, said praying for his enemies is the easiest thing to him and you goto church? i have already know you by your words just like a good heart can easily spotted out the words of paul by his epistle
this is my last message on this thread
peace to you all
Re: Characteristics Of A Good Christian by Nobody: 8:48pm On Feb 05, 2017
easterwick:

i was trying to give queen,

SO AM SORRY IF THE QUESTION OFFEND OTHERS

i heard Sin, said praying for his enemies is the easiest thing to him and you go to church? i have already know you by your words just like a good heart can easily spotted out the words of paul by his epistle
this is my last message on this thread
peace to you all

Thanks for recognizing her Queen-ship.

My username here is Sincere4u that shouldn't be abbreviated so much as to look like this: "Sin".

Thanks for the compliments.

Thanks for leaving us in peace.

BYE!.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Questions About Islam / Man Yells Out Jesus !, While Jet Plumets To Earth And Crashes. Everyone Is Saved / "Samson And Delilah"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.