Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,078 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

MTN Nigeria Now Charges N1 Transaction Fee On Share N Sell Service - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Nigeria Now Charges N1 Transaction Fee On Share N Sell Service (1162 Views)

MTN Now Charges 7.5% Vat On Every Call That Is Made / MTN Increases Share N Sell Service Fee / MTN Nigeria Introduce Transaction Fee On Share N Sell Services (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Nigeria Now Charges N1 Transaction Fee On Share N Sell Service by hayPizzle(m): 9:34pm On Feb 01, 2017
As at the beginning of this month, MTN Nigeria have started charging customers N1 per transaction on the popular Share n Sell Service.

Earlier this morning as am about to transfer airtime to a particular friend of mine, I was greeted by the message below.

This means you will be charged N1 anytime you use the MTN Share n Sell Service.
Why the sudden extra charge on MTN Share n Sell Service? What do you think about this? Please share your view using the comment box below.

Re: MTN Nigeria Now Charges N1 Transaction Fee On Share N Sell Service by Nobody: 1:03am On Feb 02, 2017
Well they were not the first to implement this as airtel was already charging N10 per transfer. The decision to charge N1 was a careful decision taken after much deliberation from staff and management of MTN. The effect of this is that if you need to share N100 from the your account assuming that is all you have, you need to have at least N1 to pay for such service. To be honest ,this isn't much compare to what airtel does but that is the decision taken by them. But am of the opinion that MTn should follow etisalat's style of approach where customers are made to leave at least N10 on their phone and stilll be able to transfer any amount ranging from N10 upwards. My worries is that they might go deaf and make etisalat and glo copy their style. Am sure this policy has already being concluded by telecom Association of Nigeria before getting to the implementation stage just like they did for borrow me. You would recall that airtel was the first network to begin borrow me but others didn't take it serious until mtn copied from airtel, all of a suddenly we started hearing different names to borrow airtime from their network.

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Now Charges N1 Transaction Fee On Share N Sell Service by bongolistik(m): 4:24am On Feb 02, 2017
Not actually N1 in all cases, depends on the amount you are transferring and could get as high as N50 here is the complete list of the amount categories and charges

http://highteknology.com/2017/01/mtn-to-introduce-transaction-fee-on.html
Re: MTN Nigeria Now Charges N1 Transaction Fee On Share N Sell Service by Justiyke4u: 8:21am On Feb 02, 2017
I noticed that yesterday but is still better than a network that charges N10 although some networks still do it for free so they are still not the best in that regard

(1) (Reply)

MTN Data For #3000 Only, Works On All Devices / Screen Of Tecno Phantom 6plus / Win A FREE Camon CX Manchester City Limited Edition On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.