Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,963 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Odunlade Adekola's Gay Role In "Daudu", A Yoruba Movie (Pics, Video) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Odunlade Adekola's Gay Role In "Daudu", A Yoruba Movie (Pics, Video) (60106 Views)

Actor Odunlade Adekola Wear Wig In New Movie As He Takes Up Gay Role / Jim Iyke, Falz, Ramsey Nouah, AY Drive Jet Ski For 'yoruba Demons' Movie (PICS) / Jim Iyke Rejects Gay Role As He Distances Self From Nollywood In New Interview (2) (3) (4)

Odunlade Adekola's Gay Role In "Daudu", A Yoruba Movie (Pics, Video) by crispyvick(f): 10:33pm On Feb 01, 2017
On the 27th of January, a trailer for a Nollywood movie 'Daudu' was released online and it attracted a lot of interest. Why? Because of the role played by popular versatile actor, Odunlade Adekola. In the clip, he's seen playing the role of a young, unmarried gay man whose parents are not in any way pleased with his sexuality.

Now, while some Nigerians laughed at the role, a few others criticized the supposed promotion of homosexuality.

LIB reached out to the actor for better clarification and he made it clear that the movie was just a make believe, with a certain message to be passed.

Asked how he felt playing the role of a feminine gay man, Odunlade said:

"I am not the one that produced the movie but it was directed by me. As a matter of fact, I played the lead role.. As a director, If you get any script, you just have to study/digest the script, understand what the demands are and know where to contribute. That is what I did."

Asked about his response to those criticizing his role after watching just the trailer, Odunlade said:

"I haven't really seen the criticisms from people and you know a movie is make believe. It is also done to correct a lot of impressions and make people understand more about certain topics. I haven't seen anyone criticize me or any of my jobs (roles). Critics should take time to watch the movie, study it very well and understand what we are trying to say in the movie. We are preaching that what happened in the movie that made the lead actor (Odunlade Adekola) to be a gay man is not good. That's the real message."

"I love Nigerians and all who have supported the industry. I am not against anybody or trying to tackle or fight anyone," Odunlade said.

http://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2017/02/actor-odunlade-adekola-speaks-on-his.html?m=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA1tLVOh4WU

Re: Odunlade Adekola's Gay Role In "Daudu", A Yoruba Movie (Pics, Video) by PWEETYWIZZY(f): 10:40pm On Feb 01, 2017
Now is d movie for or against homosexuality

18 Likes

Re: Odunlade Adekola's Gay Role In "Daudu", A Yoruba Movie (Pics, Video) by Kondomatic(m): 10:43pm On Feb 01, 2017
His brain is actually paining him.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Odunlade Adekola's Gay Role In "Daudu", A Yoruba Movie (Pics, Video) by Drversatile: 11:00pm On Feb 01, 2017
Rubbish. All these movies just in a way promote gay

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Odunlade Adekola's Gay Role In "Daudu", A Yoruba Movie (Pics, Video) by adonbilivit: 11:03pm On Feb 01, 2017
the guy above me is right. since being gay and engaging in same sex is a crime in this country, NBC shouldn't approve nollywood movies that promote it. Don't even tell me they are trying to pass a message.

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Odunlade Adekola's Gay Role In "Daudu", A Yoruba Movie (Pics, Video) by Nobody: 11:04pm On Feb 01, 2017
Actually one of my friends usually says that he doesn't mind having anal sex with the opposite sex (he will be the one penetrating of course). In his words
"The fact that I can kiss a girl on the mouth doesn't mean I can do same for a fellow guy"

Re: Odunlade Adekola's Gay Role In "Daudu", A Yoruba Movie (Pics, Video) by CaptainCodes(m): 11:04pm On Feb 01, 2017
Re: Odunlade Adekola's Gay Role In "Daudu", A Yoruba Movie (Pics, Video) by LegalBaby(f): 11:04pm On Feb 01, 2017
where are the comments?

Re: Odunlade Adekola's Gay Role In "Daudu", A Yoruba Movie (Pics, Video) by babyfaceafrica: 11:04pm On Feb 01, 2017
Who critics EPP...continue to chop money

Re: Odunlade Adekola's Gay Role In "Daudu", A Yoruba Movie (Pics, Video) by psychologist(m): 11:04pm On Feb 01, 2017
Mtcheeew the way yoruba movie makers monopolise this guy is becoming annoying

Get 100 yoruba movies u will see him in 97 of them

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Odunlade Adekola's Gay Role In "Daudu", A Yoruba Movie (Pics, Video) by midehill(m): 11:04pm On Feb 01, 2017
first time I will b on FP...thanks...click like 4 me ojeere if u are reading my comment

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Odunlade Adekola's Gay Role In "Daudu", A Yoruba Movie (Pics, Video) by favourmic(m): 11:05pm On Feb 01, 2017
How many like for the most blessed and glorious month (February)

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Odunlade Adekola's Gay Role In "Daudu", A Yoruba Movie (Pics, Video) by Nobody: 11:05pm On Feb 01, 2017
Yoo
Re: Odunlade Adekola's Gay Role In "Daudu", A Yoruba Movie (Pics, Video) by Abumighty(m): 11:05pm On Feb 01, 2017
Re: Odunlade Adekola's Gay Role In "Daudu", A Yoruba Movie (Pics, Video) by rawpadgin(m): 11:05pm On Feb 01, 2017
is the title of the movie bobrisky

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Odunlade Adekola's Gay Role In "Daudu", A Yoruba Movie (Pics, Video) by Nobody: 11:05pm On Feb 01, 2017
Okay
Re: Odunlade Adekola's Gay Role In "Daudu", A Yoruba Movie (Pics, Video) by Nobody: 11:06pm On Feb 01, 2017
Alryt

18 Likes

Re: Odunlade Adekola's Gay Role In "Daudu", A Yoruba Movie (Pics, Video) by Roon9(m): 11:06pm On Feb 01, 2017
I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. If the likes of denrele and bobrisky exist then it's the job of an actor to interpret it, no matter how shameful it looks

Re: Odunlade Adekola's Gay Role In "Daudu", A Yoruba Movie (Pics, Video) by ShawttySoFyne(f): 11:07pm On Feb 01, 2017
Drversatile:
adonbilivit:
the guy above me is right. since being gay and engaging in same sex is a crime in this country, NBC shouldn't approve nollywood movies that promote it. Don't even tell me they are trying to pass a message.
Drversatile:
pretty sure you didnt read the post

29 Likes

Re: Odunlade Adekola's Gay Role In "Daudu", A Yoruba Movie (Pics, Video) by Nobody: 11:07pm On Feb 01, 2017
Its no biggy, kinda hard to see any Hollywood movie or series without gay elements. That's the world we live in now. Nigerians please loosen up and na dem commit pass behind d curtains o

Re: Odunlade Adekola's Gay Role In "Daudu", A Yoruba Movie (Pics, Video) by oringobiafra: 11:07pm On Feb 01, 2017
all actors making it big are simply gay(personal reasons). and dont ever quote me or give a Bleep
Re: Odunlade Adekola's Gay Role In "Daudu", A Yoruba Movie (Pics, Video) by ALAYORMII: 11:08pm On Feb 01, 2017
Was just discussing his role in the said film

The guy is prolific but he over did it with his walking like an imbe.cile

Re: Odunlade Adekola's Gay Role In "Daudu", A Yoruba Movie (Pics, Video) by lilyheaven: 11:08pm On Feb 01, 2017
Promoting mental illness in disguise.
Re: Odunlade Adekola's Gay Role In "Daudu", A Yoruba Movie (Pics, Video) by Rapwiz(m): 11:08pm On Feb 01, 2017
Ewo oo Chim oo cheesy

Re: Odunlade Adekola's Gay Role In "Daudu", A Yoruba Movie (Pics, Video) by itsik(m): 11:08pm On Feb 01, 2017
Thats it. Thats the way they start little by little to promote this horrible western culture.
Why play it?
To pass which message? ...... maybe teach that gayism is cool or ?
Small small it will start creeping into our society. Africa and their inability to question and observe things before embracing it eh!

Re: Odunlade Adekola's Gay Role In "Daudu", A Yoruba Movie (Pics, Video) by ibkgab001: 11:09pm On Feb 01, 2017
Sis kola nko? No be today now

Re: Odunlade Adekola's Gay Role In "Daudu", A Yoruba Movie (Pics, Video) by auntysimbiat(f): 11:10pm On Feb 01, 2017
Re: Odunlade Adekola's Gay Role In "Daudu", A Yoruba Movie (Pics, Video) by Jerryojozy(m): 11:10pm On Feb 01, 2017
Nonsense!
Re: Odunlade Adekola's Gay Role In "Daudu", A Yoruba Movie (Pics, Video) by Nobody: 11:10pm On Feb 01, 2017
Someone should just tell me why i should start hating ds guy, cus i cant stop loving him though. Odun you arr great whalahi.

Anyways....

Drabeey was HERE

Re: Odunlade Adekola's Gay Role In "Daudu", A Yoruba Movie (Pics, Video) by Hades2016(m): 11:10pm On Feb 01, 2017
Ok na
Re: Odunlade Adekola's Gay Role In "Daudu", A Yoruba Movie (Pics, Video) by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:11pm On Feb 01, 2017
Ook
Re: Odunlade Adekola's Gay Role In "Daudu", A Yoruba Movie (Pics, Video) by nbright: 11:11pm On Feb 01, 2017
Nma27:
Its no biggy, kinda hard to see any Hollywood movie or series without gay elements. That's the world we live in now. Nigerians please loosen up and na dem commit pass behind d curtains o

You loosen up first....

Gaybriel

Roman Goddess Shares Pantless Photo, Causes Stir Online / Fire Outbreak At Peter Okoye's Studio In Lekki. No Life Lost (Photos) / Senator Yayi Gifts Taiwo Hassan 'Ogogo' Toyota Venza SUV For His Birthday