Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,522 members, 7,816,279 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Have You Ever Been Fired On The First Day Of Work? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Have You Ever Been Fired On The First Day Of Work? (2058 Views)

Demand Of Work Experience Frustration By Employers - What Can Be Done! / Kaduna State Set To Unlock The Future Of Work With Click-on Kaduna Workshop / Unemployment Rises To 14%, Half Million Fresh Out Of Work – NBS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Been Fired On The First Day Of Work? by ItuExchange(m): 12:27am On Feb 02, 2017
Well it happened to my best friend. He was accepted as a developer on a new Startup, and he had to be there at 9:00 in the morning for the first day, because they had prepared a meeting with him, on-boarding and signing the contract details. He actually went there 2–3 hours late, and they asked him:

“Why you didn’t come at 9? “

He replied:
“Why what happened at 9? “

Source: https://www.quora.com/Have-you-ever-been-fired-on-the-first-day-of-work

Neteller here: www..com.ng
Re: Have You Ever Been Fired On The First Day Of Work? by sunnedee2: 8:28am On Feb 02, 2017
Wasn't fired... left willingly
I cannot come and go and kill myself..

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Fired On The First Day Of Work? by brokenplate: 8:34am On Feb 02, 2017
sunnedee2:
Wasn't fired... left willingly
I cannot come and go and kill myself..

Chairman na you?
Re: Have You Ever Been Fired On The First Day Of Work? by sunnedee2: 8:45am On Feb 02, 2017
brokenplate:

Chairman na you?
You lost me sir
Re: Have You Ever Been Fired On The First Day Of Work? by Chidexter(m): 8:48am On Feb 02, 2017
For where? No be person wey get job dem dey fire
Re: Have You Ever Been Fired On The First Day Of Work? by Sezua(m): 9:27am On Feb 02, 2017
No, but i av been fired b4 i got the Job sef (interview)

Interviewer : why shud we hire you?

Me: because i am hungry, Epp me edakun.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Fired On The First Day Of Work? by ituglobal(m): 9:56am On Feb 02, 2017
This seems funny... But it's a harsh reality. God help us
Re: Have You Ever Been Fired On The First Day Of Work? by adiosgracias(m): 10:30am On Feb 02, 2017
Yes o. There is this street job called digging And pouring. Na so I begin dig foundation of house before u knw it my Chest begin mk gbim gbim. Na so I fire myself abeg.

13 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Fired On The First Day Of Work? by Deejay1000(m): 10:59am On Feb 02, 2017
Lol..
it happened to me some years back, just finished secondary school then was at home looking for what to do.. applied to work for a bakery yep ###bakery. I was given the job told to resume the next day by 2.pm

the next day I came 1min after 2 and the director was telling me trash after i explained my reasons for coming late. I even begged him the man dey form stronghead naso I change am for am o. I ignored him while he was talking to me and I started pressing my phone that got him angry and he fired me at that spot ..
that day wasnt funny o. I couldn't go home.
. so that was my experience

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Fired On The First Day Of Work? by jswagg4(m): 11:15am On Feb 02, 2017
adiosgracias:
Yes o. There is this street job called digging And pouring. Na so I begin dig foundation of house before u knw it my Chest begin mk gbim gbim. Na so I fire myself abeg.
LOL. U just made my day

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Fired On The First Day Of Work? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Feb 02, 2017
adiosgracias:

Lol funny guy, you must be an ajebo
Re: Have You Ever Been Fired On The First Day Of Work? by Idydarling(f): 5:37pm On Feb 02, 2017
adiosgracias:
oga, u made my day jare
Re: Have You Ever Been Fired On The First Day Of Work? by Fedayeen02: 7:08pm On Feb 02, 2017
I was fired the first day i started work grin I was staying in Bucknor close to Jakande Estate then.

The job was a Reservation and Ticketing job. Should i call him my boss buut all the same he needed a lady for the job but when i called him he thought i was a lady because I've got this voicee that you will always think its a female. When i got to his office after speaking with him on phone he was so eager to meet me until when i showed face with those Job seekers tie of the early 2000s grin His countenance changed and he didn't believed i was the one that spoke with him.

He reluctantly did interview for me and asked me to resume by 7:30am the next day.

When i got home i rejoiced with my cousin i was squatting with and we went to drink Beer as celebration for a new job. We drank and came back by 10pm then we started gisting and playing PES till 1am. I slept in the couch then set my fone to talk with bae by 3am so that we can do midnight call then i ll start preparing by 5am. Got up wen alarm went off by 3am then started gisting bae till 4:30. Was a little bit weak then now said lemme sleep small

For sleeping small i woke up by 7:45am. I rushed into the bathroom came out dress up, prayed for world clock to stand still for me but God was attending to early risers then
If you know Bucknor in 2006/08 you will know that getting bike is a challenge so i trekked out from my close to Bucknor road. Got a bike to Jakande gate and it was 8:15 then. Took another bike to Isolo cos my new office was at airport road. Got to the place by Close to 9:15.

When i got in i met the MD, i composed myself and told him that Armed robbers robbed us in my compound yesterday that they SHot my neighbour so we ve been in the station since around 5am that I've been trying to reach him.

The man just loiked at me and said GET OUT FROM MY OFFICE, i tried begging the next thing he called security. I just jejely go outside take the next bus going to Toyota. Came down cross over and enter Ladipo to continue hustle with my cousin since Devil did Overtime with my destiny that day

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Fired On The First Day Of Work? by Fedayeen02: 7:39pm On Feb 02, 2017
Lalasticlala oya let's hear others story
Re: Have You Ever Been Fired On The First Day Of Work? by Emeritusseun(m): 11:42pm On Feb 02, 2017
Fedayeen02:
I was fired the first day i started work grin I was staying in Bucknor close to Jakande Estate then.

The job was a Reservation and Ticketing job. Should i call him my boss buut all the same he needed a lady for the job but when i called him he thought i was a lady because I've got this voicee that you will always think its a female. When i got to his office after speaking with him on phone he was so eager to meet me until when i showed face with those Job seekers tie of the early 2000s grin His countenance changed and he didn't believed i was the one that spoke with him.

He reluctantly did interview for me and asked me to resume by 7:30am the next day.

When i got home i rejoiced with my cousin i was squatting with and we went to drink Beer as celebration for a new job. We drank and came back by 10pm then we started gisting and playing PES till 1am. I slept in the couch then set my fone to talk with bae by 3am so that we can do midnight call then i ll start preparing by 5am. Got up wen alarm went off by 3am then started gisting bae till 4:30. Was a little bit weak then now said lemme sleep small

For sleeping small i woke up by 7:45am. I rushed into the bathroom came out dress up, prayed for world clock to stand still for me but God was attending to early risers then
If you know Bucknor in 2006/08 you will know that getting bike is a challenge so i trekked out from my close to Bucknor road. Got a bike to Jakande gate and it was 8:15 then. Took another bike to Isolo cos my new office was at airport road. Got to the place by Close to 9:15.

When i got in i met the MD, i composed myself and told him that Armed robbers robbed us in my compound yesterday that they SHot my neighbour so we ve been in the station since around 5am that I've been trying to reach him.

The man just loiked at me and said GET OUT FROM MY OFFICE, i tried begging the next thing he called security. I just jejely go outside take the next bus going to Toyota. Came down cross over and enter Ladipo to continue hustle with my cousin since Devil did Overtime with my destiny that day

egbon.... U gat my ribs cracking seriously!!!!! am very sure d boss was waiting for ur slightest mistake to fire,....because ur reason shud av moved him atleast a bit.........ahahahahaha
Re: Have You Ever Been Fired On The First Day Of Work? by cooncudee(m): 12:41am On Feb 03, 2017
Got a job at summal foods in Ibd. Twas a casual job. Didnt hv any idea of what it was i was going to be doing until they gave me uniform that night (started with night shift). found out i was gonn be packing chewing gum from a ruthless machine ejecting plenty of it without stopping, sort the gums, fold the cartons, and put em on the line, ONLY Me!
And i cannot leave the premises until morning shift. That night ehn!! I wii go and hide inside stinking toilet for HOURS and come back to find out i only used just five minutes!!!! I almost cried. And d people thr no even mind me, they even dey gamble, when i dey die dey go.
When morning came. I went home and blocked the numbers of th ppl that helped me get the job. and slept. i kept sleeping and waking 4 lk 3 days. My aunt ws just mocking me. Sh ws like did i not tell u u cant work in that kind of place. No ne small thing. My leg no step d place again, despite barbing skodo and shaving beards just to work dia.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Fired On The First Day Of Work? by BlackSeptember: 1:57pm On Feb 03, 2017
cooncudee:
Got a job at summal foods in Ibd. Twas a casual job. Didnt hv any idea of what it was i was going to be doing until they gave me uniform that night (started with night shift). found out i was gonn be packing chewing gum from a ruthless machine ejecting plenty of it without stopping, sort the gums, fold the cartons, and put em on the line, ONLY Me!
And i cannot leave the premises until morning shift. That night ehn!! I wii go and hide inside stinking toilet for HOURS and come back to find out i only used just five minutes!!!! I almost cried. And d people thr no even mind me, they even dey gamble, when i dey die dey go.
When morning came. I went home and blocked the numbers of th ppl that helped me get the job. and slept. i kept sleeping and waking 4 lk 3 days. My aunt ws just mocking me. Sh ws like did i not tell u u cant work in that kind of place. No ne small thing. My leg no step d place again, despite barbing skodo and shaving beards just to work dia.
Funny. Lalasticlala take this to FP
Re: Have You Ever Been Fired On The First Day Of Work? by oluwafreshkid(m): 2:58pm On Feb 03, 2017
Kikikikiki
OP, yours is even better. At least you were given chance to sit and assume that you've seen work. Lol
Lemme tell you my own story.
I was interviewed for an internship position at Jobmag, and selected. I later disagreed on the pay... me was thinking they'll pay na (lol). They said 1k or so per day. Ha! From agege to yaba faa! No oo, I no do.

I went home sha.
I then received a call o from them that I shloud come and resume on Monday that the pay thing has been adjusted...Omo see jubilation. I quick borrow tfare from bros na, for the week, sey, I will return it as I don see job na.
Monday morning, 7am on the road to Yaba. Got to Alagomeji Bus stop, na hin my phone ring.
"Hello, this is.... from jobmag "
Wow...ok sir.
"Erm...I'm sorry you won't be needed anymore "

Omo, I confuse o. "But why sir? I'm on my way already "
"Don't worry, just turn back"

What?!! Just like that?
I couldn't even explain when I got home.
Bros was like " han han, you forget something for house ni?"
Re: Have You Ever Been Fired On The First Day Of Work? by nmreports: 3:44pm On Feb 03, 2017
Hilarious
Re: Have You Ever Been Fired On The First Day Of Work? by Deejay1000(m): 5:31pm On Feb 04, 2017
oluwafreshkid:

Kikikikiki
OP, yours is even better. At least you were given chance to sit and assume that you've seen work. Lol
Lemme tell you my own story.
I was interviewed for an internship position at Jobmag, and selected. I later disagreed on the pay... me was thinking they'll pay na (lol). They said 1k or so per day. Ha! From agege to yaba faa! No oo, I no do.

I went home sha.
I then received a call o from them that I shloud come and resume on Monday that the pay thing has been adjusted...Omo see jubilation. I quick borrow tfare from bros na, for the week, sey, I will return it as I don see job na.
Monday morning, 7am on the road to Yaba. Got to Alagomeji Bus stop, na hin my phone ring.
"Hello, this is.... from jobmag "
Wow...ok sir.
"Erm...I'm sorry you won't be needed anymore "

Omo, I confuse o. "But why sir? I'm on my way already "
"Don't worry, just turn back"

What?!! Just like that?
I couldn't even explain when I got home.
Bros was like " han han, you forget something for house ni?"

hahahahah

(1) (Reply)

Aids Prevention Initiative In Nigeria (APIN) Massive Recruitment, October 2017 / Bank Teller Recruitment In A Bank In Lagos, March 2019 / 2019 Federal Civil Service Commission Recruitment Is Ongoing – Apply Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.