Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,673 members, 7,823,904 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

US Govt Making Moves To Resolve N-delta Crisis —consul-general - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Govt Making Moves To Resolve N-delta Crisis —consul-general (728 Views)

Bola Tinubu Receives Winter Olympic Touch 2018 From Korea Consul (Photos) / US Consul General And His Team Unwinds At Stanel-World In Awka- PICTURES / China Plans Visa Office In Anambra As Chinese Deputy Consul-General Visit Obiano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Govt Making Moves To Resolve N-delta Crisis —consul-general by benavatar(m): 3:35am On Feb 02, 2017
By Innocent Onoja

BOMADI—United States, US, Consul-General in Nigeria, Mr John Brey, yesterday said the US government had been making efforts in the last one year to step up peaceful resolution of the crisis in the Niger Delta.

Addressing journalists after his team visited the palace of the Pere of Seimbri Kingdom, HRM Charles Ayemi Botu in Warri, Delta State, Brey said the visit was another fact-finding mission to all key stakeholders in the region.

“We have been engaging heavily from the consulate and from the embassy in Abuja basically since last Spring,” he disclosed.

According to him, the visit was also a continuation of the United States’ engagement for the country and also to fast-track dialogue and ultimately restore peace in Niger Delta.

Stressing that the U.S. hoped for a peaceful resolution of the Niger Delta crisis, Brey pointed out that the delegation would spend three days in the creeks visiting various communities to get firsthand information on issues militating against the people and the region before reporting back to the U.S.

Speaking, Botu lauded the team for the visit to his palace, saying the Niger Delta was not the problem but the Federal Government.

“The only solution to Nigeria’s problems is restructuring. Why the country still remained as one entity was nothing other than oil. Let Nigeria be restructured and practice true federalism as it used to be. Let us restructure the country based on the geopolitical zones. If I see anything wrong and I do not say it, posterity will judge me,” he added
Source:http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/02/us-govt-making-moves-resolve-n-delta-crisis-consul-general/
Re: US Govt Making Moves To Resolve N-delta Crisis —consul-general by Opharhe: 3:44am On Feb 02, 2017
Restructuring nooni.
Re: US Govt Making Moves To Resolve N-delta Crisis —consul-general by mykeljosef: 3:45am On Feb 02, 2017
Donald j trump

the man who is going to revolutionise the world....

one policy at a time
Re: US Govt Making Moves To Resolve N-delta Crisis —consul-general by dunkem21(m): 3:46am On Feb 02, 2017
Sai Trump cheesy

1 Like

Re: US Govt Making Moves To Resolve N-delta Crisis —consul-general by mr1759: 4:28am On Feb 02, 2017
we want our republic

1 Like

Re: US Govt Making Moves To Resolve N-delta Crisis —consul-general by Nobody: 5:07am On Feb 02, 2017
Restructuring is the only thing that can solve Nigeria's many problems

but the politicians at the federal level would not want the arrangement to see the light of the day so that their looting of the treasury will go uninterrupted

with restructuring states will fashion out their own security apparatus and equipped them let me see how fulani herdsmen would be branding Ak47 or terrorise their host communities and go Scott free
Re: US Govt Making Moves To Resolve N-delta Crisis —consul-general by proeast(m): 5:20am On Feb 02, 2017
Enough of parasites sucking us dry, let every region control its resources and pace of growth while paying tax to the centre.
Re: US Govt Making Moves To Resolve N-delta Crisis —consul-general by paiz: 5:24am On Feb 02, 2017
ok
Re: US Govt Making Moves To Resolve N-delta Crisis —consul-general by sarrki(m): 5:24am On Feb 02, 2017
carmag:
Restructuring is the only thing that can solve Nigeria's many problems

but the politicians at the federal level would not want the arrangement to see the light of the day so that their looting of the treasury will continue

Morning, sincerely I agree with you

Having said that that is the golden opportunity Gej

Missed to write his name in gold.

Yet you people still call him hero.

What kind of bad hero his he to you guys?

On a lighter note you are always online
Re: US Govt Making Moves To Resolve N-delta Crisis —consul-general by Firefire(m): 5:31am On Feb 02, 2017
Interesting...
Re: US Govt Making Moves To Resolve N-delta Crisis —consul-general by sarrki(m): 5:37am On Feb 02, 2017
proeast:
Enough of parasites sucking us dry, let every region control its resources and pace of growth while paying tax to the centre.

Bro I agree with you.

However the 13% derivation how is it managed?

The truth is we lack is human resources

Same set of people will still manage the funds at 100%
Re: US Govt Making Moves To Resolve N-delta Crisis —consul-general by Nobody: 9:25am On Feb 02, 2017
sarrki:

I'm on and off, but you lay siege on every post for more than 24hrs an indication you have no other engagement that needs your attention

on the topic : choice of candidate is individual thing, I supported buhari to unseat Gej cos of his style of governance, corruption and stuffs like...

ironically, Buhari surprises many of his supporters by being a sectional leader characterised by nepotism and favouritism, blatant display of hatred to his perceived enemies

Nigeria have never been divided like this before..thanks to buhari for setting a bad precedent because that sit is a temporal one

for your info I've never clicked on any post that have to do with Gej and not to talk of defending him

1 Like

Re: US Govt Making Moves To Resolve N-delta Crisis —consul-general by dragonking3: 9:29am On Feb 02, 2017
sarrki:

Are the yorubas under afenifere not asking for restructuring now? Why didn't they ask for it when obasanjo was there?
Hehehe,we are ready to treat your zombism.
Re: US Govt Making Moves To Resolve N-delta Crisis —consul-general by sarrki(m): 9:35am On Feb 02, 2017
dragonking3:
Are the yorubas under afenifere not asking for restructuring now? Why didn't they ask for it when obasanjo was there?
Hehehe,we are ready to treat your zombism.

We are never in support of his government

Ask around

Ithe will inform your judgment
Re: US Govt Making Moves To Resolve N-delta Crisis —consul-general by mr1759: 9:57am On Feb 02, 2017
sarrki:

Bro I agree with you.
However the 13% derivation how is it managed?
The truth is we lack is human resources
Same set of people will still manage the funds at 100%
the cow you ppl sell how do you manage the money? up north

(1) (Reply)

To End Kaduna Crisis, Punish Perpetrators – Sanusi / Live Photos:efcc Boss Magu Leads EFCC Officials On Road Walk Against Corruption / Saraki,dogara And Other Principal Officer Visit Buhari In UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.