Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,542 members, 7,816,315 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

5 Things We Learnt From The ‘davido, Asika And Kamal’ Relationship - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 5 Things We Learnt From The ‘davido, Asika And Kamal’ Relationship (386 Views)

DOWNLOAD Mp3:asika Ft Lyta – Tenda / D'banj, Obi Asika, Michael Ugwu, Uzoma Dozie At Social Media Week Lagos 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Things We Learnt From The ‘davido, Asika And Kamal’ Relationship by kzypher(m): 10:44am On Feb 02, 2017
As a young and impending artist manager, Kamal is one of the few music business professional I idolize and I must confess am a little bit sad for him but Who I Epp?. Truth be told I learnt unteachable lessons from this story, ones you only see if you pay attention.

Checkout the 5 Things we learnt from Davido, Kamal & Asika relationship..

1. KEEP WORKING

Back to 2011 when Davido came into the industry, Asa Asika known to be Naeto C cousin, was his first manager until he was relieved of duty end of December 2013. Believe it or not, it’s a big trauma to overcome!

Imagine you worked for a company from the scratch and the company sacked you just about moments things were getting better. Asika might have seem to be nowhere to be found since then but he kept on working! And see what that got him years later.

2. KEEP THE RELATIONSHIP

After Asika got sacked he didn’t go around social media boasting he helped Davido into the industry. He was professional, very professional! Any other person would have gone to tweet: “I made you”, “u wey no sabi sing shishi”, “if no be me u no for blow”… if he had done any of that 4 years ago, I don’t need to emphasize. Gbam!

3. CHANGE IS CONSTANT

Ask me if I support Davido’s decision about Kamal, my answer is No! But once again “who I epp?” Kamal and his Twenty20 management team have been an undeniable major influence in the Son of Mercy career in the past few years, from getting Sony deal, RCA, Pepsi etc not just his music, he groomed David to be a more matured and grown man.

But the saying goes ‘Change is Constant’ and that’s life. OBO wasn’t feeling the work flow anymore and he had to sub.

4. KEEP YOUR REPUTATION

What other worse reason could have gotten an artist manager sacked than being for chasing international fame for his artist? Perplexed, ain’t you? “fxxk all that international shxxxxt. It’s cool but fxxxk. I am back to the basics,” davido said on snapchat.

Kamal won’t have a problem finding a new employer, after all he wasn’t sacked for fraud or stealing. Tens of thousands of artist will kill for the “international shxxxt”. Abi na lie?

5. ARTIST NEEDS A MANAGER

Am not surprised the ‘Gbagbe Oshi’ swallowed his own words: “2017 I am my own manager, never put your life in another man’s hand.’ Those were wrong choice of words at that moment, as an artist you at least someone who manages your business and personal doings.

As an a-list act, I bet you won’t survive a year at the peak if you don’t get another business / personal manager after sacking one.

What do you think about this Write up?

We want to hear from you – Drop your comments.

Written by:- Daramola ‘Koxyn’ Samuel (@don_koxyn)

(1) (Reply)

Who Are The Two Biggest Musicians Out Of Africa Alive Today;male & Female? / How Much To Produce My Music / [MUSIC] Zlatan Ibile – Omoge Ft. Oritsefemi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.