Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

We Will Protect 2face-led Anti-government Protest – Nigeria Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Protect 2face-led Anti-government Protest – Nigeria Police (759 Views)

We Now Monitor Social Media For Anti-Government And Anti-Military Information – / We Will Protect Refineries And Pipelines: Fulani Group / Ribadu Remains The Only Saint That Led Anti-Corruption EFCC - Farouk Martins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Will Protect 2face-led Anti-government Protest – Nigeria Police by Shegman22(m): 12:37pm On Feb 02, 2017
The Lagos State Police Commissioner, Fatai Owoseni, says the command is aware of a proposed demonstration which popular artiste, 2face Idibia, plans to lead on February 5.
Mr. Owoseni said this on Monday while addressing journalists in Lagos.
The police chief also paraded the publisher of Biafra Times and nine others for allegedly publishing and circulating seditious and malicious publication.
In his address on the protest, the police chief said although his command is yet to be officially notified, he assured that the police would not allow unscrupulous elements to hijack the protest.
2face, the African Queen crooner, recently took to his Instagram handle, @official2baba, calling on his fans and followers to join in the nationwide protest scheduled for February 5.
He stated: “First Massive Nationwide Protests.
“A call for good governance. A call for urgent explanation into the reckless economic downturn nationwide….to come out and protest this obnoxious and baseless policies and excuses of the government of the day.”
Reacting, popular comedian, Bovi Ugboma, said he would not join the protest.
Bovi on his Instagram handle: @officialBovi stated, “Boycott” is too strong a word to describe my not attending. I won’t be there. Simple. It doesn’t define whether I support it or not.
“I am not joining the protest, and stop saying ‘we’ and ‘us.’ You don’t belong…..my life is not governed by your opinions of me.”
Similarly, popular Yoruba actress, Funke Adesiyan, who disagreed with 2face over the plan said that protest was not the only option.
The actress, who recently completed a course in film-making and directing at the New York Film Academy in the U.S, stressed the importance of youth participation in governance.
The Yoruba actress who contested and lost the Oyo State House of Assembly election under the umbrella of PDP in 2015, stated on her Instagram handle, @funkeadesiyan, that,
“When people ask me why I joined politics, I tell them from the truest of my heart that it is because I got tired of how things were being done in my country.
“It’s not enough for us to protest, it’s more important for us, youths of this beloved nation, to get involved in governance. You could try many times before you achieve it,” Adesiyan stated.
Re: We Will Protect 2face-led Anti-government Protest – Nigeria Police by royallord1(m): 12:38pm On Feb 02, 2017
really
Re: We Will Protect 2face-led Anti-government Protest – Nigeria Police by Solace277(f): 12:39pm On Feb 02, 2017
They better do!!!

can't wait for feb6
#Istandwithtubaba!
Re: We Will Protect 2face-led Anti-government Protest – Nigeria Police by Dannidom(m): 12:42pm On Feb 02, 2017
Na their african CUP of nations
Re: We Will Protect 2face-led Anti-government Protest – Nigeria Police by queencalipso(f): 12:43pm On Feb 02, 2017
The protesters should better put on bullet proof jackets, a shooting spree order may come from above..
Re: We Will Protect 2face-led Anti-government Protest – Nigeria Police by vanbonattel: 12:43pm On Feb 02, 2017
Na lie, they plan to shoot unarmed protesters as usual, while fulani herdsmen protest inside people's farmlands with impunity.
Re: We Will Protect 2face-led Anti-government Protest – Nigeria Police by Bonnywest: 1:21pm On Feb 02, 2017
IstandWith2Baba, however, let everything be done rightly. The proposed protest is giving the presidency sleepless night
Re: We Will Protect 2face-led Anti-government Protest – Nigeria Police by yarimo(m): 1:53pm On Feb 02, 2017
I hope FULANI won't invade the venue?

(1) (Reply)

Another PDP Reps Member Defects To APC / Which State Governor Deserves This In 2019.....? / FG Approves Mondays, Wednesdays As Nigeria Dress Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.