Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,026 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Lagos Light Rail System - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Light Rail System (4196 Views)

Lagos Light Rail Will Start Functioning By December- Ambode ( Photos ) / Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off / Do Lagosians Still Want An Underground Rail System? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Light Rail System by SkyBlue1: 12:03pm On Dec 04, 2009
rethink:

What this means is that I dont want you to imagine again just act that is dangerous. WE MUST IMAGINE UNTILL WE HAVE NO MORE SPACE TO IMAGINE.

A MAN THAT STOPS TALKING BECAUSE HE IS TIRED OF TALKING WILL GO TO WAR

A MAN THAT STOPS THNIKING OR IMAGINING BECAUSE HE IS TIRED WILL START ACTING

Now to babapupa and sky blue

The management of state road is where the problems stems from. We need to sell out the road in block to those that can manage it. We also need to create bus station that the road managers would build and maintain.

reason for this is that when private firms manage road they will cut cost and make it easy for movement of traffic, I will give an ensample.

You have a road that could save alot of money and free traffic but there are houses and other structures on the road's path.

SCENERIO 1

If the State government was to take charge of this the cost will be skyrocketed because the agents and the compensated would ask for so much that it would be better for the state government to abandone the cause

SCENARIO 2

If it was private company the cost will be minimal and beside there will be alot of bus terminus springing up even houses where people live would be mad bus terminus. The road business is a business just like any other business we must make sure that we sell off the state road to road companies. We need to free our roads

?? ?? ?? What has this got to do with my posts?
Re: Lagos Light Rail System by rethink: 12:18pm On Dec 04, 2009
@sky blue

I was talking(thinking) of solving the Road component problem of transportation in lagos state. BRT. I lived in Singapore but the LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT IS MISSING THE ROAD COMPONENT OF THE PROBLEM.
Re: Lagos Light Rail System by SkyBlue1: 12:23pm On Dec 04, 2009
rethink:

@sky blue

I was talking(thinking) of solving the Road component problem of transportation in lagos state. BRT. I lived in Singapore but the LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT IS MISSING THE ROAD COMPONENT OF THE PROBLEM.

If I understood your post correctly, you would rather the government sell of roads to private companies to maintain them? In that case I think the path the government has chosen is better, only, I am not even sure you are aware of the details of the road contracts signed. The contracts signed for a good number of the roads built by the current administration involved not just building the road, but maintaining it for a duration, that is why some roads had two companies associated with them. That makes more sense than selling the road and making it private property (which doesn't make sense to me).
Re: Lagos Light Rail System by Kay17: 2:54pm On Dec 04, 2009
babapupa:

It was not meant for you, you're incapable of rational thoughts. I dare not waste my time messing with an ignoramus like you,
you watch there and say nothing, you doubt the constitutional provision in my last post, but ratther than provide the correction or the correct interpretation, you mumble nonsense you have still not given any reason for the ID cards and such disclosure of personal details. its plain that you must be an omo isale eko because your gullibility has reached a critical level. Fashola is like any Nigerian leader: he is a thief and a demagogue.
Re: Lagos Light Rail System by braine(m): 8:42pm On Dec 04, 2009
I just wonder why some people won't talk like mature adults. Theres no need throwing insults at each other
Re: Lagos Light Rail System by dean2725: 9:04pm On Dec 04, 2009
Kay 17:

@blackspade, fashola has done so much like repatriating beggars to kaduna, by investing in trees and flowers, also an harebrained scheme for ids for LAGOS CITIZENS, proliferate lgs, depriving people of their property and draw up a proposal to build Atlantis while transportation system has broken down, standard of public schools is declining steadily, crime rate is on the rise, his police and "para-security" are terrorising and extorting the masses and finally creating dustbin jobs. of course in a country that has hardly seen good things and does not understand the nature and process of democracy, he is working!

And you think you are being fair with this post? . . .Nigeria is in trouble and infact in much serious trouble because of people like you that doesnt see the positive side of development, other than to criticize hypocritically. But no matter how biased you are, the fact is there to see. So keep rambling!
Re: Lagos Light Rail System by bjmighty(m): 9:06pm On Dec 04, 2009
@@@@KAY17, You are suffering from brain disorder and all your bid to get treated by a psychiatrist have been hitting the brick wall because these men are wondered by the fact that your slowpoke father too has the same ailment. I wonder what the fate of your children's children would be. May God deliver you from your hereditary brain imbecility. You are an absolute failure to humanity, the most fitting habitat for you and your slowpoke father is the zoo. You can make a lotf of money you know! Omo Oloriburuku!! cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Lagos Light Rail System by Kay17: 5:52pm On Dec 05, 2009
bjmighty:

@@@@KAY17, You are suffering from brain disorder and all your bid to get treated by a psychiatrist have been hitting the brick wall because these men are wondered by the fact that your slowpoke father too has the same ailment. I wonder what the fate of your children's children would be. May God deliver you from your hereditary brain imbecility. You are an absolute failure to humanity, the most fitting habitat for you and your slowpoke father is the zoo. You can make a lotf of money you know! Omo Oloriburuku!! cool cool cool cool cool
you are glad that you sha typed something, something that has nothing to do with the topic. I used the opportunity granted by freedom of speech, to express my objections, all leaders including Yar dua have been looking busy. he waited for three months for the strike to wreck the education sector b4 acting, chilled for the Niger Delta matter to get hotter b4 acting and is waiting for the power sector to totally crash b4 acting.Even Oyo state governor has shared taxi cabs to people. Fashola has extended roads brought BRT, but has the transportation problem eased much? is security in Lagos good? are the police and traffic agencies treating people well? are people's rights to their property secured? no, no, no. Rather, harass beggars, propose an harebrained ID card scheme for which purpose has not been explained and paint cars and buildings and package them as development, then planting flowers. Lagos needs more. this was the same guy that was spraying money(buying votes??) during his campaign in Mushin rather than educate us on the manifesto of his party.
Re: Lagos Light Rail System by bjmighty(m): 6:48pm On Dec 05, 2009
If you are able to cure all your father's imbecility in 3 days as u expect Fashola to solve all Lagos problem in his 3 years in office, you can then come back here and speak. It's obvious you are just a tool in the hands of one of those frustrated opposition looking to succeed Fashola. Best of luck anyway!
Re: Lagos Light Rail System by Kay17: 7:03pm On Dec 05, 2009
bjmighty:

If you are able to cure all your father's imbecility in 3 days as u expect Fashola to solve all Lagos problem in his 3 years in office, you can then come back here and speak. It's obvious you are just a tool in the hands of one of those frustrated opposition looking to succeed Fashola. Best of luck anyway!
thank God! you admitted. we would just wait till the light rail system comes. grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Light Rail System by THEAMAKA3(f): 7:07pm On Dec 05, 2009
some of you people, stop hating!!
Fashola is doing a good job, a lot more than what past presidents and governors cant even do.
so lets praise him for his good work and stop talking rubbish here.
Re: Lagos Light Rail System by bjmighty(m): 12:08am On Dec 06, 2009
Kay 17:

thank God! you admitted. we would just wait till the light rail system comes. grin grin grin
I dmitted your exhibition of foolish-dity! Are you sane at all?

THE-AMAKA:

some of you people, stop hating!!
Fashola is doing a good job, a lot more than what past presidents and governors cant even do.
so lets praise him for his good work and stop talking rubbish here.

Oh The-Amaka!! grin grin grin grin grin Yes! Politicians like Fashola are rare in our today's Nigeria politics. He has made all past governors of Lagos state and all other state governors look like zombies and real Jaguda. Am with you on this The-Amaka because its the first time you not hating. grin shocked cool grin shocked cool grin shocked cool

Pls no beef ooo grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Light Rail System by rethink: 12:04pm On Dec 06, 2009
@skyblue

My Idea of selling is different. Anyway you and i know that for the contractors need to maintain the road there will be variable cost, where does the funding come from?

If I gave Sky-blue Nigeria Limited to build and maintain the road for say 20 years how do I gaurantee funding?
I am not a road scientist but I know the contractor will make sure they maximise profit. The money would come from taxes and since it will always be there it is just opportunistic for the contractor inflate the cost of road maintenance.

Another issue I mentioned was about the creation of bus terminus. The road company could be in charge of the terminus.
Re: Lagos Light Rail System by Kay17: 2:09pm On Dec 06, 2009
bjmighty:

I dmitted your exhibition of foolish-dity! Are you sane at all?

Oh The-Amaka!! grin grin grin grin grin Yes! Politicians like Fashola are rare in our today's Nigeria politics. He has made all past governors of Lagos state and all other state governors look like zombies and real Jaguda. Am with you on this The-Amaka because its the first time you not hating. grin shocked cool grin shocked cool grin shocked cool

bimighty must be one of those self-acclaimed quack native doctors, do you think that we are still in the age of ignorance and darkness? you think everyone is blinded by demagogues like you? such words like haters are used by failures when they are unable to express themselves. sha sha Yar dua shuld be hailed for proposing 6000mw in dec 2009 and for ending the strike.
Re: Lagos Light Rail System by THEAMAKA3(f): 3:51pm On Dec 06, 2009
bjmighty:

actually it was only one thread that you accused me of "hating" and its not called "hating" its called an opinion.
and ill keep telling you this if you cant understand that its someone's opinion and should not equate to being a hater.
so i think ive made myself clear. you can choose to digest if you wish, if not, just shoo away. abeg.
Re: Lagos Light Rail System by bjmighty(m): 5:30pm On Dec 06, 2009
@@@ The-Amaka, lets not start here again sis. For once, lets make love not war! LMAO cool cool grin grin cool cool grin grin
Re: Lagos Light Rail System by THEAMAKA3(f): 5:35pm On Dec 06, 2009
im not starting anything, unless you interpreted it as "taking it there"
but whatever.
adios!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram Invades Cameroon,captures Sueram / Washington: U.S. To Sell Apache Attack Helicopters To Nigeria / Buhari Has Deep Hatred For Igbo – Ohanaeze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.