Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,705 members, 7,809,683 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:01 PM

Was Bob Marley A True Prophet? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Bob Marley A True Prophet? (11028 Views)

Catholic Cardinal Declares Mohammed[PBUH] A True Prophet Of God / Spiritual Insight - Characteristics Of A True Prophet Of God / Characteristics Of A True Prophet Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Bob Marley A True Prophet? by swing4real(m): 1:11am On Jan 16, 2007
I consider Bob Marley to be a true prophet, considering that most of the things he said are taking place now.Any fan of Bob here? Please drop ur favourity Bob lyrics, check out mine

War Lyrics
Until the philosophy which hold one race superior.And another Inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned -Everywhere is war - That until there no longer first class and second class citizens of any nation until the colour of a man's skin is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes -Me say war.War in the east,War in the west,War up north,War down south - War - war -Rumours of war. undecided

So much trouble in the world Lyrics
The way earthly thin's are goin' anything can happen.You see men sailing on their ego trips,Blast off on their space ships,Million miles from reality:No care for you, no care for me.So you think you've found the solution,But it's just another illusion!(So before you check out this tide),Don't leave another cornerstone standing there behind,We've got to face the day;come what may:We the street people talkin',we the people strugglin'.Now they sitting on a time bomb grin

Coming in from the cold Lyrics
Why do you look so sad and forsaken?When one door is closed, don't you know other is open?Would you let the system make you kill your brotherman?

Real situation Lyrics
Check out the real situation:Nation war against nation.Where did it all begin?When will it end?Well, it seems like: total destruction the only solution,And there ain't no use: no one can stop them now.Ain't no use: nobody can stop them now.Give them an inch, they take a yard;Give them a yard, they take a mile Once a man and twice a child and everything is just for a while.

We and dem Lyrics
But someone will 'ave to pay for the innocent blood that they shed every day,Oh, children, mark my word;It's what the Bible say but in the beginning Jah created everythin' givin' man dominion over all things.but now it's too late,You see, men has lost their faith eating up all the flesh from off the earth

Crazy baldheads Lyrics
Build your penitentiary, we build your schools,brainwash education to make us the fools.Hate is your reward for our love,Telling us of your God above.

Rat race Lyrics
When the cat's away,the mice will play.Political voilence fill ya city,Don't involve Rasta in your say say;
Rasta don't work for no C.I.A.When you think is peace and safety:A sudden destruction.Collective security for surety
Don't forget your history;Know your destiny:In the abundance of water,The fool is thirsty.
Re: Was Bob Marley A True Prophet? by Free(f): 12:14am On Jan 17, 2007
hmmmmmm
Re: Was Bob Marley A True Prophet? by Seun(m): 10:12am On Jan 18, 2007
These topics you've mentioned are not prophecies at all.
Re: Was Bob Marley A True Prophet? by shahan(f): 2:53pm On Jan 18, 2007
Even Seun knows that one. cheesy
Re: Was Bob Marley A True Prophet? by feelgood(m): 11:59am On Jan 19, 2007
@shahan
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Was Bob Marley A True Prophet? by Ndipe(m): 12:09pm On Jan 19, 2007
A true prophet of who? Rastafarianism? A representative of the rastafarian religion that sanctions the smoking of hemp is what earns your approval? Seek Jesus Christ!!!
Re: Was Bob Marley A True Prophet? by lafile(m): 12:27pm On Jan 19, 2007
yes - of marijuana.
Re: Was Bob Marley A True Prophet? by mrpataki(m): 12:37pm On Jan 19, 2007
Self justification for ones selfishness.

Bob Marley a Prophet
Re: Was Bob Marley A True Prophet? by swing4real(m): 8:17pm On Jan 21, 2007
@Ndipe

What is ur own view of a true prophet? when u answer that only then can i explain in details what i mean.

@Suen and lafile
How much do u know of Bob and his songs? I bet all u know is a smoker right? Lafile.
Re: Was Bob Marley A True Prophet? by Ndipe(m): 10:25pm On Jan 21, 2007
You are asking us if Marley was a true prophet, and I have to ask you, of what capacity was he a true prophet? If you are trying to align him with Christianity, then No, he wasnt.
Re: Was Bob Marley A True Prophet? by jclord(f): 12:36am On Jan 22, 2007
I honestly don't mean any disrespect, but I disagree with you.

I am Jamaican, and Jamaicans have one thing in common with Nigerians we live in church. Bob Marley was not a prophet! He just read the Bible, he was just sharing what he read in books like Revelation and Daniel. He may have believed he was a prophet though. Jamaicans are also very much into prophecy.

Keep in mind that even though Rastas belong to a cult they read the Bible. They just don't have the same beliefs and understanding of the Bible as Christians.
Re: Was Bob Marley A True Prophet? by phoenixman: 3:27am On Jan 24, 2007
lie that!!!!!
Re: Was Bob Marley A True Prophet? by ishmael(m): 3:49pm On Jan 24, 2007
Ndipe:

You are asking us if Marley was a true prophet, and I have to ask you, of what capacity was he a true prophet? If you are trying to align him with Christianity, then No, he wasnt.

Yes, Marley was a true prophet of Jah Rastafarai. Must every prophet be a christian?? Were prophets Moses, Elijah, Isaiah, Noah and others christians?? Marley's words and prophecies have all come to pass!!
Re: Was Bob Marley A True Prophet? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jan 24, 2007
Yes he was a prophet! A false prophet!
Re: Was Bob Marley A True Prophet? by ishmael(m): 7:45pm On Jan 24, 2007
davidylan:

Yes he was a prophet! A false prophet!

Why do you call him a false prophet?? Were his prophesies false??
Re: Was Bob Marley A True Prophet? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 24, 2007
ishmael:

Why do you call him a false prophet?? Were his prophesies false??

which prophecies?
Re: Was Bob Marley A True Prophet? by ishmael(m): 8:19pm On Jan 24, 2007
davidylan:

which prophecies?

for you to have called him a false prophet, he must have got prophesies, but you don't believe in them.
Re: Was Bob Marley A True Prophet? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jan 24, 2007
ishmael:

for you to have called him a false prophet, he must have got prophesies, but you don't believe in them.

A false prophet need not have prophesied before!
Re: Was Bob Marley A True Prophet? by neelsel(f): 8:41pm On Jan 24, 2007
davidylan:

A false prophet need not have prophesied before!

Where did you earn your Theological degree, if I may ask?
Re: Was Bob Marley A True Prophet? by ishmael(m): 9:00pm On Jan 24, 2007
please help me ask him o. He knows so much about prophets, both genuine and false prophets.
Re: Was Bob Marley A True Prophet? by neelsel(f): 9:03pm On Jan 24, 2007
ishmael:

please help me ask him o. He knows so much about prophets, both genuine and false prophets.

And yet he resort to calling people fools when they don't dance to his tune. Such ignorance,
Re: Was Bob Marley A True Prophet? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jan 24, 2007
ishmael:

I do not consider Bob Marley a prophet let alone a false one. I only used that as a form of sarcasm to draw a point, how easily we are decieved iinto attributing a work of social consciousness as "prophecy"!

As for the leech who is tagging along in the hope of taking a few potluck shots at me, best of luck dear! Please do not twist words too dear weasel, YOU and not me were the one calling others fools! cheesy Pls at least if not for anything else, speak the truth! Desist from lying!
Re: Was Bob Marley A True Prophet? by ishmael(m): 9:29pm On Jan 24, 2007
if i may ask, who is a prophet??
Re: Was Bob Marley A True Prophet? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jan 24, 2007
ishmael:

if i may ask, who is a prophet??

dear, that question is for another day! We all know who a prophet truly is at least my bible gives me clear descriptions of who a prophet is. Bob Marley fails every single criteria!
Re: Was Bob Marley A True Prophet? by neelsel(f): 10:05pm On Jan 24, 2007
Really DAvid, after all the scripture quotes about FOOL, now I was the one calling you a fool?
And you still have the nerve to call me a liar,
Hey, you got major issues, PRAY HARD OH!
Re: Was Bob Marley A True Prophet? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jan 24, 2007
ma'am, please blame King Solomon. I did not alter his book of proverbs! grin
Re: Was Bob Marley A True Prophet? by neelsel(f): 10:35pm On Jan 24, 2007
davidylan:

ma'am, please blame King Solomon. I did not alter his book of proverbs! grin

But you used it as your weapon of warfare against me?
Re: Was Bob Marley A True Prophet? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jan 24, 2007
I simply quoted the scriptures, it is not my fault that it contained a lot of words with "fool". cheesy
Re: Was Bob Marley A True Prophet? by neelsel(f): 10:38pm On Jan 24, 2007
No it isn't at all your fault,
Re: Was Bob Marley A True Prophet? by ishmael(m): 7:37am On Jan 25, 2007
Davidylan, Bob Marley got revelations and prophecies which he revealed and prophecied to the world; that makes him a prophet. Please allow me and others who believe him to be a true prophet be!! Your opinion and views about him cannot be the same with everybody.
Re: Was Bob Marley A True Prophet? by swing4real(m): 11:51am On Jan 26, 2007
@davidylan
What is your own understanding of a true Prophet? You cannot say Bob Marley is a false Prophet when things he has said has happen and are still happening in our present world.How much do u know about Bob Marley Brother? Have you taken your time to listen to his lyrics?.I will advice you to take ur time and listen to some of his songs.Do u know that there alot of Bob Marley songs that are not being play on the radio?

@Ndipe
Just like ishmael asked.Must every prophet be a christian? Bob believe in God and Jesus if u must know.The problem with us christians we always think our reglion is the best and better off.The fact you are christain today is probably because you were born in a christain home and if you were born in Jews or muslim home you will probably say yours is the best.Listen to Bob and you know where i am coming from.
Re: Was Bob Marley A True Prophet? by Wumine(f): 1:22pm On Jan 27, 2007
i love bob marley, his lyrics, his person but not really his life style. his music makes a lot of sense and i just cant hear enough of it. i think he has a lot in common with nigeria's fela. he is a rastafarai prophet, i think. a movement from ethopia like the other ethopian guy, cant recall his name. they feed on weed o!
You however cant equate him to the bibilical prophets.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Eating And Drinking At Burials Part Of Christianity / Why Are Jehovah Witness Not Given Attention / What Is Heaven Like?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.