Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,009 members, 7,825,150 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Maduike Ezeibe Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS (Michael Okpara University Professor) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Maduike Ezeibe Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS (Michael Okpara University Professor) (43806 Views)

Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture Demotes 24 Professors / Stolen Bag Of Oxford University Professor Recovered At A Bus Stop In Lagos.PICS / Michael Okpara University Students Worship God Under Heavy Rain,Photos Go Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maduike Ezeibe Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS (Michael Okpara University Professor) by Originalsly: 6:48am On Feb 03, 2017
Hmmmm..... he found the cure for AIDS... and is busy signing MOU for book deal on how he found the cure! Funny people.
Re: Maduike Ezeibe Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS (Michael Okpara University Professor) by stevnwigw: 6:51am On Feb 03, 2017
it can only come from the east
Re: Maduike Ezeibe Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS (Michael Okpara University Professor) by 2shur: 7:14am On Feb 03, 2017
dst was how one prof in ubth said he found cure..then after much pressure..debunked the claims.this was abt 2yrs bac.
now thwse.

xpect him to debunk claims as usually pretty soon.

something must kill man
Re: Maduike Ezeibe Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS (Michael Okpara University Professor) by misterawo: 7:26am On Feb 03, 2017
Maduike Ezeibe has not cured AIDS. I mean, it feels ridiculous to me that I need to say this, but since this website is apparently full of bizarre AIDS-conspiracy theorists who think ‘the government’ will kill this man for publishing his quack science, I put together a few points to hopefully clear things up. The claim that his treatment has cured AIDS is completely unfounded. In his June 2015 paper, Ezeibe writes: Also, reduction of mean viral load of all the HIV/AIDS patients who participated in the clinical trial, from 18875.00 ± 17059.18 to 327.50 ± 226.84, is 98.26% reduction. Kaplan [27] reported that when treatments reduce loads of infectious agents by 95% or more, body immunity is able to eliminate what are left of the infections. What these results mean, is that the MSAMS cures HIV/AIDS, not just prolongation of lives of HIV-positive persons. It’s embarrassing that I am using my fandom blog to tear this down, but that Kaplan paper cited is about parasitic worms. The fact that someone decided that a treatment threshold for parasitic worms could a) be applied to HIV and b) used to claim they found a cure should honestly discredit their entire body of work on the topic. Anyone who has read anything about HIV in the past decade knows that that’s not how HIV fucking works. Every real antiretroviral treatment on the market today can achieve non-detectable levels of virus in a fraction of patients with good compliance, but whole reason HIV continues to be an issue today is that the virus hangs out inside your non-replicating dendritic cells or wherever and itfucking comes back when you stop treatment. To even think about claiming a cure for HIV, patients need to be off treatment and virus-free for YEARS. To date the only person to be really actually cured of HIV is the Berlin Patient, who was cured with a bone marrow transplant from a donor with HIV-resistant T-cells. Repeat after me: the only successful way to cure HIV is to kill off 100% of your immune cells and replace them with immune cells that HIV can’t infect. So how did Ezeibe get away with making truly laughable claims in a scientific journal? The paper is published in a trash journal. Scientific journals are rated by, among other metrics, their Impact Factor. This describes how many times an article in that journal will be cited in the future, telling you essentially how much that paper contributed to other people’s works. Scientists want their work to have impact. Top journals like Nature, Science, New England Journal of Medicine, etc. have Impact Factors in the 30s. These journals publish the most exciting,high-impact results that scientists across disciplines are interested in and they correspondingly have the most rigorous scientific requirements for accepting articles. A journal with Impact Factor of 2 to 4 might be a nice niche journal with decent rigor (like JIAS for example) but won’t be read by anyone outside that particular field of study. What, you may ask, is the Impact Factor for World Journal of AIDS, the journal where Ezeibe’s article is published? ZERO. ResearchGate lists their IF as 0. Is that the default for journals with no data? Seems so. WJA apparently doesn’t have an official IF score, (because Thompson Reuters doesn’t deem them to be even significant enough to score among the70 Infectious Disease journals and 139 Immunology journals they scored in 2013) but they generously calculate their own alternative score to be less than one. I honestly can’t critique his paper in more detail than this because his methods section is almost nonexistent. It’s possible that his nanoparticle therapy for HIV has promise, but it’s impossible to tell from this paper. For what is ostensibly a Phase I clinical trial for his “miracle drug,” any journal with any reputation at all to uphold is sending this submission back with request for MAJOR revisions, or more likely rejecting it outright. Bottom line: no one is reading or citing WJA except by accident. The news outlets reporting onthis paper need to fire their science correspondents. One last general thing:HIV/AIDS is not a neglected disease. A lot of the reblogs of the original post seem to suggest that “no one will hear about this” because of the racism and homophobia that intersect with HIV/AIDS, and that Ezeibe is lacking funding to take his miracle cure into next stage trials because no one cares about HIV/AIDS anymore. Let me be clear: people with HIV face a million different types of stigma and discrimination, much of it connected to homophobia and racism, but LACK OF RESEARCH FUNDING IS NOT ONE OF THEM. HIV/AIDS receives $3 BILLION in annual funding from the NIH,the most of any single disease. This isn’t the 1980s anymore. Scientists fucking LOVE studying HIV. We literally know so much about this stupid virus that we are using it as a delivery system to bioengineer treatments for cancer. There are loads of brilliant scientists working on a cure for HIV. There are loads of brilliant African scientists working on a cure for HIV. Maduike Ezeibe is not one of them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maduike Ezeibe Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS (Michael Okpara University Professor) by Disney001(m): 7:36am On Feb 03, 2017
Idydarling:
it's not as if scientists have not yet discovered a cure for hiv, there is actually, only that the drug is too strong for the human frame, when a human takes the drug, it will first of all kill the body b4 it gets to the virus, that's why it has not yet been released.
....lol and u call that a cure cheesy
Re: Maduike Ezeibe Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS (Michael Okpara University Professor) by fuwatayo(m): 8:15am On Feb 03, 2017
If the Professor is certain about the which the world have been waiting for then let him pass through the right channel for proper scrutiny in order to make the drug known. It's not on social media or blogs.
Re: Maduike Ezeibe Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS (Michael Okpara University Professor) by igwegeorgiano(m): 8:25am On Feb 03, 2017
oh my God i missed prof Abalaka
Re: Maduike Ezeibe Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS (Michael Okpara University Professor) by sfinkzslot(m): 9:00am On Feb 03, 2017
Re: Maduike Ezeibe Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS (Michael Okpara University Professor) by SonOfEl(m): 9:00am On Feb 03, 2017
Professor Ezeibe's work will go through three major phases:

1. Criticism and detraction
2. Long and reluctant acceptance of the discovery
3. Duplicity on who discovered the vaccine

Good luck to you prof.
Re: Maduike Ezeibe Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS (Michael Okpara University Professor) by Amalision: 9:05am On Feb 03, 2017
many researchers in Nigeria have claimed to have develop cure for HIV/AIDS ranging from the Makurdi, Benue state legally issue that was later concluded in the supreme Court to this present prof. of Umudike university. why has NAFDAC validated their claims and make the so called cure for HIV/AIDS accessible to Nigerians
Re: Maduike Ezeibe Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS (Michael Okpara University Professor) by Tobycharles: 9:05am On Feb 03, 2017
Welcome devpt
Re: Maduike Ezeibe Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS (Michael Okpara University Professor) by Nobody: 9:26am On Feb 03, 2017
ojlifa:
Say you are anger angry that you didn't read that it was one white man from Harvard .hard to believe that it is one black man from Micheal okapra university.classical slave mentality thinking
Lol.
Why do you feel the need to "racialize" everything?
There have been many experimental drugs developed in view of curing AIDS, yet so far none has recorded success.
While it is commendable that Nigeria is also striving to crack this deadly monster; it is mere sensationalization to claim we have finally found the "miracle" cure.

Need I remind you, this is not the first Nigerian who has claimed to find the cure for HIV

1 Like

Re: Maduike Ezeibe Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS (Michael Okpara University Professor) by gabicon: 9:34am On Feb 03, 2017
Lol. A drug is created and certified without testing or anything, who are we kidding?
Re: Maduike Ezeibe Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS (Michael Okpara University Professor) by WRAKE(m): 9:55am On Feb 03, 2017
Idydarling:
it's not as if scientists have not yet discovered a cure for hiv, there is actually, only that the drug is too strong for the human frame, when a human takes the drug, it will first of all kill the body b4 it gets to the virus, that's why it has not yet been released.

Exactly, there's no how to use the drug without killing the host first....

Nice one Idydarling ...Perfect!!!

1 Like

Re: Maduike Ezeibe Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS (Michael Okpara University Professor) by Nobody: 10:12am On Feb 03, 2017
MrMcJay:
Inject the Prof with the blood of an HIV positive individual and after 3 months, inject him with what he claimed can cure HIV.
Indeed. After all, Dr James Marshall who insisted that the bacteria Helicobacter pylori was responsible for peptic ulcers did just that to himself when he was ridiculed. Most did not believe that a bacteria could survive the acidic environment in the stomach and even cause further damage as well. He was sure he was right. After failed attempts to inject piglets, he resorted to the last solution. He drank a petri dish containing the bacteria and in a matter of days, he developed the ulcers and his claims were proven. He treated himself with antibiotics and won a Nobel prize for his discovery. Now, it is known that this bacteria is a major cause of stomach ulcers. Sometimes in science, if you really trust your discovery, simply become your test subject.
Re: Maduike Ezeibe Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS (Michael Okpara University Professor) by Laple0541(m): 10:30am On Feb 03, 2017
obamd:
Every now and again, someone comes up with claims that he's found the cure for HIV.

This is Science, we don't just speak anyhow without facts and data. Your results must be reproducible. For drugs, they must be safe first of all. We are not politicians, the media is not the first place to share results of your experiments.

There are procedures to substantiating and verifying claims. There is a Nigerian Institute of Medical research that has to confirm these things.

Nobody is stealing your credit, just speak through the right channel.

His findings had been presented to the World Virology Conference in Atlanta and the result published in many int'l journals including the British Journal of Medicine and Medical Research, furthermore, he is about to sign a MOU with a US based Scientific Research Publishing, Publishers of World Journal of AIDS for publication of his work yet you are here spewing rubbish about him seeing one helpless Nigerian Institute of Medical Research (NIMR) for approval, how many Doctors have NIMR helped? what have institutes of such ever got right in this country? Was it not in this country where a certain James Ibori got cleared of over 60charges and later jailed by a British judge. Moreover, the international bodies he contacted is far more equipped and in the best position for accessing his work not that parochial NIMR.
Re: Maduike Ezeibe Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS (Michael Okpara University Professor) by Idydarling(f): 12:18pm On Feb 03, 2017
chimaobinelson:

I wonder wat course u red,
continue redding boy. don't quote me again to spew trash♨, work on ur grammar and tenses, i won't warn you again.
Re: Maduike Ezeibe Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS (Michael Okpara University Professor) by alaskido(m): 12:21pm On Feb 03, 2017
Government will shut him down. This was the same thing they did to Doctor Agbalaka.

1 Like

Re: Maduike Ezeibe Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS (Michael Okpara University Professor) by ojlifa: 8:40pm On Feb 03, 2017
He said it yet you find it had to believe,tell me why.need i remind you the last person who made this claim injected himself and cured himself yet the Nigerian medical council fought him till he died and he won that case in court

SirWere:

Lol.
Why do you feel the need to "racialize" everything?
There have been many experimental drugs developed in view of curing AIDS, yet so far none has recorded success.
While it is commendable that Nigeria is also striving to crack this deadly monster; it is mere sensationalization to claim we have finally found the "miracle" cure.

Need I remind you, this is not the first Nigerian who has claimed to find the cure for HIV
Re: Maduike Ezeibe Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS (Michael Okpara University Professor) by Bolubaba(m): 11:27pm On Feb 03, 2017
I feel sorry for Nigerians. We've now turned common sense to an endangered species. Must we ask pessimistic people for things that are destroying our homes when we have something we can use to put an end to the challenge?
The day any anyone who finds the cure broadcast it, materials needed, steps for preparation and how to use it, the government would announce the cure a week after.
Re: Maduike Ezeibe Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS (Michael Okpara University Professor) by Nobody: 1:23pm On Mar 01, 2020
Originalsly:
Hmmmm..... he found the cure for AIDS... and is busy signing MOU for book deal on how he found the cure! Funny people.

Is that the only thing u read??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Girl & Her Mother Graduate From The Same School At The Same Time.Pics / What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? / Jamb Activates CAPS For Admission Confirmation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.