Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,651 members, 7,955,363 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:14 AM

5 Things You Must Do To Get Inspired In 2017 - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 5 Things You Must Do To Get Inspired In 2017 (539 Views)

What Inspired Your Moniker? / If You Don't Watch On These 5 Things Your Life Will Be Scammed / 7 Things To Attempt In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Things You Must Do To Get Inspired In 2017 by 9jaflave: 10:11pm On Feb 02, 2017
2017 is finally here and with each new day in every new month, we all have the opportunity to make our lives meaningful. It is a 365 page book, choose to make your own story inspiring.

Some of us may ask, so how do I get inspired? How do I get motivated to start the year ? I have always believed that inspiration can be seen and felt all around us, we only need to be still and look for it. Find something or someone to inspire you this year and I am certain that you will be glad you did.

So here are 5 ways to get inspired this year:

1) SPEND SOME TIME ALONE
Take out time this year to be alone. Spend some time to reflect on your life and journey so far. Shut out from all of the negativity around you. Spend a good amount of time to think clearly about your future. Think about where you are now and where you want to be. It is in those quiet moments of our lives, we receive answers to many nagging questions. When you sit still at times and just tune out from the world around you, inspiration just shows up.

2) USE YOUR IMAGINATION
The mind is a powerful tool given to us by God. Choose to use your imagination this year. Use your imagination to break limitations. Use your imagination to see possibilities. Use your imagination to enter places you never dreamt possible. Use your imagination to see solutions. Use your imagination to create. Use your imagination to see yourself the way you can be. Make up your mind this year to draw inspiration from the catalogue of possibilities in your imagination.

3) READ GOOD BOOKS
It is true that words are powerful whether written or spoken, and that these words have the power to influence or destroy. You can choose to draw great inspiration from the written word this year. It may be that you need some inspiration to dream again, to find purpose or to simply take action, simply get a good book on your desired subject and read through. Read the stories of great men and women and learn from their journey. You can start with a good autobiography (feel free to suggest any in the comments section). Get inspired this year reading some great books.

4)CAPTURE YOUR THOUGHTS
When you do not write down your ideas and thoughts, you simply let them slip away easily. Learn to capture the ideas and thoughts that come to you on paper this year. Have a notepad where you can write down those ideas as they come. Write down quotes that inspire you. Write down substance gotten from your thinking time. There may be times during the year when you may need some inspiration, you can then quickly go back to your notes and get that idea or word that will take you to the next level of your life.

5) LISTEN TO AN INSPIRING MESSAGE OR SIMPLY WATCH AN INSPIRING MOVIE
Find and listen to an inspiring message as you start out the year. You can be greatly inspired by listening to someone else share his/her own story. You can also get motivated by listening to others speak on subjects like success, courage, failure and entrepreneurship. There are lots of resources out there for free. Go and listen and learn. Listen and grow. Listen and be empowered this year.

I am a lover of great movies and I always seek to extract lessons whenever I watch a movie. Most times between the scripts of those movies are great insights and lessons that can totally transform and liberate you. This line is from the movie Queen of Katwe, “Sometimes where you are used to is not where you belong. What you believe is where you belong.” Just imagine how motivated you can become after seeing a great movie. Find an inspiring movie this year to watch. (Feel free to share some of those movies that have inspired you in the comments section)

Ufuoma Fijab

http://9jaflave..com.ng/2017/01/5-things-you-must-do-to-get-inspired-in-2017.html

(1) (Reply)

Ben Murray-bruce @benmurraybruce With The Way We In Govt Treat Nigerians, I So / Dilapidated Enugu-awka-onisha Road Wears A New Look: Buhari Is Working ( Photos) / Nurse Rapes Patient!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.