Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,498 members, 7,830,505 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Please Web Master And Wordpress Gurus Please Come In (urgent) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please Web Master And Wordpress Gurus Please Come In (urgent) (776 Views)

Please Web Developer And Front End Developer Please How Do You Code This / Wordpress Gurus And Enthusiasts, Biko Help And Answer / Please Web Masters I Need Your Help With This Coding Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Web Master And Wordpress Gurus Please Come In (urgent) by Onyejemechimere(m): 7:17am On Feb 03, 2017
Please, guys I need your help.
I paid someone to help me re-design my WordPress blog , actually someone I have not met before, just got his contacts from a blog he designed before.
Now I have to send my Wp logins to him for him to start work immediately, I know that if he steals my site, I can recover it from my backup on my cPanel.
But it got to a place where he needs the cPanel login info, to correct something.
My question is, if he changes my cPanel and steal my site, can I recover it back , from my hosting, can my hosting provider help me to get it back?

Please guys I need your answers. Please
Admin Slyr0x, adewasco2k, I need your replys thanks
Re: Please Web Master And Wordpress Gurus Please Come In (urgent) by Onyejemechimere(m): 7:19am On Feb 03, 2017
Guys help me out.
olasuncome, GoodyOG, chukwundukc Chikebrain, Dekmankind Dabigbroda soulpeppersoup, Icedprince1d gadgetsngs, Back2backmusic, DoyenExchange,
Re: Please Web Master And Wordpress Gurus Please Come In (urgent) by JeffreyJamez(m): 7:32am On Feb 03, 2017
What does he want to change from your cpanel?
Re: Please Web Master And Wordpress Gurus Please Come In (urgent) by Afam4eva(m): 7:35am On Feb 03, 2017
Onyejemechimere:
I paid someone to help me re-design my WordPress blog , actually someone I have not met before, just got his contacts from a blog he designed before.
Now I have to send my Wp logins to him for him to start work immediately, I know that if he steals my site, I can recover it from my backup on my cPanel.
But it got to a place where he needs the cPanel login info, to correct something.
My question is, if he changes my cPanel and steal my site, can I recover it back , from my hosting, can my hosting provider help me to get it back?

The only thing he can do with an access to your cpanel is to cause damage to your site. But he can't steal it outrightly because he doesn't have access to the client area of your web hosting company. The moment your site has been compromised, just contact your host and tell them and since it's your email that is still in record (and he has no access to that), there's no course to worry.

1 Like

Re: Please Web Master And Wordpress Gurus Please Come In (urgent) by Onyejemechimere(m): 7:36am On Feb 03, 2017
JeffreyJamez:
What does he want to change from your cpanel?
My featured image of the latest post are not displaying on my homepage.....he says he has to rectify it from the cPanel.
Re: Please Web Master And Wordpress Gurus Please Come In (urgent) by Afam4eva(m): 7:39am On Feb 03, 2017
Onyejemechimere:
My featured image of the latest post are not displaying on my homepage.....he says he has to rectify it from the cPanel.
This is actually something he can do from the wordpress dashboard because the template files are all there. There's really no need to go to the cpanel.
Re: Please Web Master And Wordpress Gurus Please Come In (urgent) by JeffreyJamez(m): 7:41am On Feb 03, 2017
Onyejemechimere:

I don't think that's a Cpanel problem..... Probably a template problem, especiallyif you're using a pirated premium template.

1 Like

Re: Please Web Master And Wordpress Gurus Please Come In (urgent) by Onyejemechimere(m): 7:42am On Feb 03, 2017
Afam4eva:

The only thing he can do with an access to your cpanel is to cause damage to your site. But he can't steal it outrightly because he doesn't have access to the client area of your web hosting company. The moment your site has been compromised, just contact your host and tell them and since it's your email that is still in record (and he has no access to that), there's no course to worry.
...wow, OK....thanks.
You have been a blessing to the webmaster section , I have been watching.... God bless you sir......
Re: Please Web Master And Wordpress Gurus Please Come In (urgent) by Onyejemechimere(m): 7:46am On Feb 03, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

I don't think that's a Cpanel problem..... Probably a template problem, especiallyif you're using a pirated premium template.
by pirated, you mean NOT BOUGHT?
Re: Please Web Master And Wordpress Gurus Please Come In (urgent) by Onyejemechimere(m): 7:47am On Feb 03, 2017
Afam4eva:

This is actually something he can do from the wordpress dashboard because the template files are all there. There's really no need to go to the cpanel.
Ok, but how can I correct this....
Re: Please Web Master And Wordpress Gurus Please Come In (urgent) by JeffreyJamez(m): 7:47am On Feb 03, 2017
Onyejemechimere:
by pirated, you mean NOT BOUGHT?

Yup...

I have checked the blog,I think there was no featured image attached to some post , because most of your post have featured image. Did you move from blogger to WordPress?
Re: Please Web Master And Wordpress Gurus Please Come In (urgent) by Onyejemechimere(m): 8:29am On Feb 03, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

Yup...

I have checked the blog,I think there was no featured image attached to some post , because most of your post have featured image. Did you move from blogger to WordPress?
Featured images were attached to every post, other post may be showing...... But the latest post section all images there are not showing.
No I did not move, I started with WordPress and have been there.........
It may be the theme or something, I know the person who designed the site might have used a free theme......
How do I get a premium theme and for how much?
Re: Please Web Master And Wordpress Gurus Please Come In (urgent) by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:43am On Feb 03, 2017
Onyejemechimere:
Featured images were attached to every post, other post may be showing...... But the latest post section all images there are not showing.
No I did not move, I started with WordPress and have been there.........
It may be the theme or something, I know the person who designed the site might have used a free theme......
How do I get a premium theme and for how much?

That theme you're currently using is $59..It's called Newspaper

1 Like

Re: Please Web Master And Wordpress Gurus Please Come In (urgent) by Nobody: 9:33am On Feb 03, 2017
Onyejemechimere:

Bro am not a web expert. I hope the right people see it to assist you. You can holla on one lacassicoco and other good MODs to send this on front page for better exposure. All the best.
Re: Please Web Master And Wordpress Gurus Please Come In (urgent) by RiteBlog: 9:57am On Feb 03, 2017
Riteblog.com does managed Wordpress and so things like this of course can happen. How do you handle it?

1. Cpanel does not have a feature to add additional account.
2. If he is a pro, he should know FTP. Create a FTP account for him and let him work with that.

Seeing you aren't 'comfortable' with him, then create a ftp account for him, let him download a ftp client software and then access the files via ftp.

Onyejemechimere:

Re: Please Web Master And Wordpress Gurus Please Come In (urgent) by Nobody: 11:01am On Feb 03, 2017
He can't steal it.
You registered ur domain with an email ryt?
soulpeppersoup:

Bro am not a web expert. I hope the right people see it to assist you. You can holla on one lacassicoco and other good MODs to send this on front page for better exposure. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Please Web Master And Wordpress Gurus Please Come In (urgent) by Onyejemechimere(m): 11:51am On Feb 03, 2017
peteruyip:
He can't steal it.
You registered ur domain with an email ryt?
yea...
Re: Please Web Master And Wordpress Gurus Please Come In (urgent) by Onyejemechimere(m): 11:52am On Feb 03, 2017
RiteBlog:
Riteblog.com does managed Wordpress and so things like this of course can happen. How do you handle it?

1. Cpanel does not have a feature to add additional account.
2. If he is a pro, he should know FTP. Create a FTP account for him and let him work with that.

Seeing you aren't 'comfortable' with him, then create a ftp account for him, let him download a ftp client software and then access the files via ftp.

Thanks
Re: Please Web Master And Wordpress Gurus Please Come In (urgent) by Onyejemechimere(m): 11:52am On Feb 03, 2017
soulpeppersoup:

Thanks
JeffreyJamez:

That theme you're currently using is $59..It's called Newspaper
That's like 17k.....still expensive

(1) (Reply)

Help A New Blogger / Urgent!!! Blog Designers Wanted / Join Webmasters Whatsapp Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.