Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo (7712 Views)

Bridge At Ojota, Lagos Has No Rails. Death Trap For Students & Passersby (Pics) / Biafra Not For Ndigbo Alone –ipob / Ohanaeze Sets Up Committee To Design Economic Blueprint For Ndigbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by villagecraft: 7:54am On Feb 03, 2017
THE PROPOSED KANO PROTEST; A TRAP FOR NDIGBO

That a popular music star planned on leading a nationwide protest against the state of government-lessness in the country is no longer news.

That I Charles Ogbu fully endorse any action against the political Ebola we currently have in Asorock is not debatable.

But,

I find it criminally offensive that the organizers of the protest fixed the venue for the kano protest at Rumfa Primary School, Enugu road, Sabon Geri --a town that is over 90% Igbos.

It is my belief that considering the history of the Igbos in this country, any man or woman who chosed Sabon Geri --a place where Igbos live and make ends-meet in kano-- as the venue for a supposed national protest against an unrepentant Northern irredentist such as Buhari, does not mean the Igbos well. Matter of fact, such a person is only looking to spill Igbo blood.

Why Sabon Geri? Why not other neutral places in kano?

It shall never be well with anyone who plans on setting the Igbos up for another pogrom.

Asking the Igbos to use their home and venue for their business(Sabon Geri) to stage a protest against Buhari in kano is plain evil.

Even the dumbest Nigerian knows that an average Northern Muslim will rather be ruled by Buhari, a fellow Muslim even if a bag of rice is sold at N1m than be ruled by God himself if He (God) is not a Northern Muslim.

We don't need a Crystal ball to know that if this protest is eventually held in Sabon Geri, the Sharia govt of kano state will tag it an Igbo protest and certainly, there will be consequences ranging from "accidental" fire in the market to outright demolition under the guise of relocating the market. That is assuming the protesters who will be 90% 'Nyamiri' (Hausa's derogatory word for Igbos) are not shot dead or bombed right there at the venue.

The worst part of this whole thing is that if soldiers use live bullets on the Igbo protesters on the day of the protest, the same Nigerians who have been typing "We will protest", "IStandWith2Face", etc while holed up in peaceful places like Lagos and Port Harcourt will be all over Facebook gloating and blaming the same Igbos for protesting against a Northern Muslim president in kano of all places.

Recall how both pro and anti-Trump rallies were held all over the world including Lagos state on the day of Donald Trump inauguration. But when IPOB held their own rally in Port Harcourt, Nigerian security forces killed dozens of them and charged over 60 arrested others with TREASON. Simply for holding a rally.

And how did Nigerians react?

They blamed the dead IPOB members for holding a pro-Trump rally in Port Harcourt but said nothing to the security forces who murdered unarmed civilians simply for holding a peaceful rally which they had right to. The arrested IPOB members are still in jail, answering TREASON charges. And those morally bankrupt Nigerians who mocked the dead IPOB members and blamed them for holding a rally in rivers state are still the same people encouraging Igbos in Sabon Geri to use their home and business venue in kano to protest against a Northern Muslim president.

How many non Igbo Facebook user condemned that killing of the unarmed IPOB activists in Port Harcourt? How many? Most of them justified it. Go check their timeline. Even those ones who blamed the army for killing the road blocking Shiites (and rightly so) did a 360 degree U-turn and blamed the dead IPOB members for holding a peaceful rally.

Believe it or not, some Nigerians derive orgasm from any misfortune that befall an Igbo man.

Ndigbo, muru anya ka Azu! Use your #number6. We have sacrificed too much of our blood for this country already!

If you have loved ones in Kano, please, I beg you in the name of whatever you hold dear, pick up your phone now and tell them to stay away from any protest in the North. This is a trap to set the Igbos up for another pogrom.

Recall that the 1966 coup was organised by officers from almost every tribe in the country including Yoruba, Esa, Tiv and even Hausa fulani. Yes! Hausa fulani officers like Lt. Tijani Katsina and 2nd Lt. Saleh Dambo were part of the coup plotters but even as I type this, an average Nigerian has continued to classify that coup as an Igbo coup and use same to justify the ethnic cleansing against Igbos living in the North then even when northerners started killing Igbos in large numbers as far back as 1945 in the Jos pogrom Iong before independence.

I understand that some of us who like paying heed to political correctness even at the cost of human lives will come here with all manner of lopsided logic but before you do, you will do well to remember how many times Lagos state govt has demolished markets occupied by mainly Igbo businesses under the guise of relocating them. I can tell you for free that some of those demolitions are punishments for your perceived support for Jimmy Agbaje during the last election.

Argue this from now till next year but please, if you value your life and those of your loved ones plus your businesses, you will stay away from any protest in kano. Those who put that venue at Sabon Geri are targeting you. This is a trap. And when this trap catches you, the same people typing "I Stand With 2Face" will turn around and ask you why you were protesting in another man's land. This is how consistently inconsistent an average Nigerian is.

Yesterday, I wrote that I would not hesitate to join forces with even Lucifer to protest against this death merchant from Daura. I still stand by it. But, if this my Lucifer partner asks me to lead the Kano branch of the protest while he leads the one in places like Port Harcourt or Lagos, I will look him straight in the face and tell him, "my dear Lucifer, go to hell!".

Charles Ogbu

36 Likes 8 Shares

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by Afam4eva(m): 7:57am On Feb 03, 2017
Good point though.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by betterABIAstate: 7:59am On Feb 03, 2017
And you think Igbo are interested in this protest?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by sunsplash99(m): 8:00am On Feb 03, 2017
leave the protest in kano for abokis ooo

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by tundafayaBuhari: 8:15am On Feb 03, 2017
Igbos are not protesting. We raised our voice in 2015 election that buhari's not better than cow but Afonjas supported him

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by dunkem21(m): 8:20am On Feb 03, 2017
sunsplash99:
leave the protest in kano for abokis ooo

grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by kingsamosy(m): 8:23am On Feb 03, 2017
good point...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by SalamRushdie: 8:27am On Feb 03, 2017
That Kano protest will be dead on arrival
Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by EternalTruths: 8:28am On Feb 03, 2017
Why Sabon Gari of all place

Why not a core Hausa Fulani Area of Kano

Igbos and NigerDeltans should avoid the protest

Let the 97% people protest their condition angry

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by Ever8054: 8:28am On Feb 03, 2017
so you mean it would have been more safe to choose the Hausa dominated area for the protest?....oga no vex...where exactly is your brain located?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by mightyhazell: 8:28am On Feb 03, 2017
betterABIAstate:
And you think Igbo are interested in this protest?
ion tink so!

Igbos don't cry over an avoidably spilt milk!

Moreover we v sacrificed enuf for the country

Let other ppl do dia bit too

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by Ever8054: 8:31am On Feb 03, 2017
EternalTruths:
Why Sabon Gari of all place

Why not a core Hausa Fulani Area of Kano

Igbos and NigerDeltans should avoid the protest

Let the 97% people protest their condition angry
why always involve Niger Delta in Igbo's affairs?...don't you have a Nigeria map in your house...if you don't get one and check the boundaries.... Niger Delta republic loading.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:31am On Feb 03, 2017
Cowards! KeyBoard Warriors! LMAO! grin grin grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by adadike281(f): 8:32am On Feb 03, 2017
All Igbo's in kano ,pls do not protest. I repeat , do not protest. stay indoors or better still, change location till after today.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by dunkem21(m): 8:34am On Feb 03, 2017
adadike281:
All Igbo's in kano ,pls do not protest. I repeat , do not protest. stay indoors or better still, change location till after today.

Supported .. cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by Blessed16(m): 8:44am On Feb 03, 2017
Ever8054:
so you mean it would have been more safe to choose the Hausa dominated area for the protest?....oga no vex...where exactly is your brain located?
he said the right thing bro, we in kano here know how we live our lives wit ndi awusa

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by Blessed16(m): 8:48am On Feb 03, 2017
dunkem21:

Supported .. cool
wen is the protest? so dat I will not allow my kids to go sch
Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by EternalTruths: 8:49am On Feb 03, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

You voted for Buhari

Go and protest against your foolish choice. grin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by mightyhazell: 8:50am On Feb 03, 2017
Na so e pain u?

Oya sorry grin

2 Likes

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by BermudaTriangle(m): 9:05am On Feb 03, 2017
Bloody cowards chickening out already.
So you are settled in an enslavement area ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by Abagworo(m): 9:13am On Feb 03, 2017
PDP's strategy has always been setting Igbos up to die for their corruption we never benefited. Only fools will still go out there and die for PDP.

4 Likes

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by dunkem21(m): 9:17am On Feb 03, 2017
Blessed16:
wen is the protest? so dat I will not allow my kids to go sch

Monday .. We will make it a public holiday.
Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by madridguy(m): 9:19am On Feb 03, 2017
Even as a die hard Buharist, I still don't know why the Nigeria Police cannot protect citizens to stage a peaceful protest. Let people who think there is a reason to exercise their civil right pour out their mind. This is democracy. We all see how protest was staged across the world, against Trump.

The Nigeria Government should not denied anyone from freedom of expression.

I will stand with Sai Baba till final whistle.

2 Likes

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by WINNERMENTALITY: 9:20am On Feb 03, 2017
lol...i see so many truth in the ops write-up..

they may avoid Porth and Lagos protesters but the one is Kano they would see as anti-north...

The next thing is find a market to burn.
Thats how my cousin brother after so many years of building his business in Nassarawa, everything was burned down in one day by some Northern thugs.

And the funny thing is that people who would speak up for you will end up blaming u..

Nigeria is messed up

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by madridguy(m): 9:27am On Feb 03, 2017
You just hurt the bros feelings grin with your statement.

Ever8054:
why always involve Niger Delta in Igbo's affairs?...don't you have a Nigeria map in your house...if you don't get one and check the boundaries.... Niger Delta republic loading.....

8 Likes

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by Nobody: 9:35am On Feb 03, 2017
Protests everywhere. *observing from my balcony#

1 Like 1 Share

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by Nobody: 9:37am On Feb 03, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

You are evil. How is he a coward? What did he say wrong?
Who are the organisers of the protest? Why start from Igbo dominated areas? Hausas are allowed to carry weapons but when Igbos try to defend themselves, their shops would be searched to make sure they can't fight back.

Evil people.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by Nobody: 9:45am On Feb 03, 2017
WINNERMENTALITY:
lol...i see so many truth in the ops write-up..

they may avoid Porth and Lagos protesters but the one is Kano they would see as anti-north...

The next thing is find a market to burn.
Thats how my cousin brother after so many years of building his business in Nassarawa, everything was burned down in one day by some Northern thugs.

And the funny thing is that people who would speak up for you will end up blaming u..

Nigeria is messed up

Don't mind these phools. Security agents and govts of those states know the sources of these fire outbreaks.
A market would burn and for hours nothing is done...traders who saved, borrowed to start businesses will lose and there would be no help from any one, govt will then announce the relocation of the market without compensating those who built it or invested for years paying exorbitant rents and other levies.

Same govt would be advocating for glazing funds for Fulani herdsmen whose businesses are worth millions.

One day go be one day.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by Anago5000: 9:46am On Feb 03, 2017
madridguy:
Even as a die hard Buharist, I still don't know why the Nigeria Police cannot protect citizens to stage a peaceful protest. Let people who think there is a reason to exercise their civil right pour out their mind. This is democracy. We all see how protest was staged across the world, against Trump.

The Nigeria Government should not denied anyone from freedom of expression.

I will stand with Sai Baba till final whistle.
yoruba muslim.typical of them .when is the final whistle?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo by nijabazaar: 9:46am On Feb 03, 2017
This is a very valid point

LET THE AFONJAS AND THE other 90% DO THIS PROTESTS THEMSELVES.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yemi Osinbajo Encourages Farmers In Abeokuta / 2023 Election: Live Results... / Oyo Pdp Chairman Has Been Assasinated:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.