Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

I Will Fight Ohakim To The Last - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Fight Ohakim To The Last (591 Views)

Tinubu Will Destroy Himself, Obasanjo Will Fight With Buhari – PDP Chieftain / Pay Me Back My 1billion Naira, Ikedi Ohakim To Senator hope Uzodinma. / Jonathan Helping Ohakim To Cling On Desperately In Imo ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Will Fight Ohakim To The Last by ngcompass: 2:42am On Dec 03, 2009
Maximus Uba is the Executive Secretary, Imo Democratic Congress. He is also the Managing Editor, Weekend Mail, Abuja. A warrant of arrest was recently issued against him by the Imo State House of Assembly. When STEVE UZOECHI met him, he said that he would not lose his sleep over the matter. He also spoke on his relationship with Governor Ikedi Ohakim and other prominent politicians.

It’s now more than two weeks since the Imo State House of Assembly issued a warrant of arrest on you. Have you been invited by the police yet?
I have not received any invitation from the Police, whether in Owerri or Abuja, but if I am invited, I shall surely honour it. The last time Ohakim wrote a petition to the Imo State Police Command alleging all sorts of things, the Police invited me and under 24 hours I honoured it. So, I am not afraid of Police invitation, it is not a death invitation, the Police is our friend, it work for us.

A lot of people are confused about the intervention of Imo House, did you have a previous brush with her?
I know I have not been having a smooth relationship with them, so I am also confused because in the said publication there was no mention of Imo House, I never sent a petition to the House. I don’t have problems being invited by the Imo House of Assembly, but I only asked them to take the venue to the High Court or bring it to Abuja since they have already shown bias in the matter. I asked them to compel the Accountant General to reply my letter on certain clarifications; I further demanded that they also invite Emma Ohakim, the Chief of Staff, the governor himself, his deputy, the Commissioners for Local Government, as well as Finance.

Ironically till they wound up proceedings, it is only me and Orji Kalu that they invited and the public is aware that they are unfair, they are acting Ohakim’s script, but that’s their business, I wish them luck in their illegal ways.

Continues this interview on
http://www.compassnews.net/Ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=35325:i-will-fight-ohakim-to-the-last&catid=53:interviews&Itemid=701
http://www.compassnews.net/Ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=35325:i-will-fight-ohakim-to-the-last&catid=53:interviews&Itemid=701

(1) (Reply)

Eu Budgets N69b To Fight Corruption In Nigeria / Soludo Cries To Supreme Court As His Last Resort. / Military Coups In Nigeria (a Must Read)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.