Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,546 members, 7,809,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

Php Installation Help - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Php Installation Help (1285 Views)

[Help Request] Help On Java download and Installation Oo! / I Need Help On Waec Offline Installation / Help! Oscommerce Installation Error Messages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Php Installation Help by nateone(m): 5:52am On Jan 16, 2007
HI there,
i have been tryig to install php on my system for the past days but i couldnt, can some one help me with it, i yried to install from www.php.net, on a microsoft system
Re: Php Installation Help by samdede(m): 6:33pm On Jan 16, 2007
go to www.reactorserver.com and download reactor server install and use it. It is so easy.
It will install apache, phpmyadmin and mysql for you.
Re: Php Installation Help by NSNA: 1:56pm On Feb 04, 2007
the link is not working
Re: Php Installation Help by naijaguru(m): 2:16pm On Feb 05, 2007
Re: Php Installation Help by naijaguru(m): 2:20pm On Feb 05, 2007
Re: Php Installation Help by Ynot(m): 3:16am On Feb 07, 2007
Php is very easy to install and configure. All you need do is read the installation manual. Since you are using windows, its always good to install Apache (thats is, if your are using apache) server first. Make sure the php version settings is compactible with the version of apache you installed. If you still have problem, i can help you.
Re: Php Installation Help by skima(m): 2:34pm On Feb 07, 2007
http://www.reactorserver.com/
The site is working go for it, i've downloaded and install it for someone.

or better still www.easyphp.org I prefer reactorserver since its more uptodate than easyphp.

My first php installation was manual and was able to tweak every other installations.

want it manually?

www.apache.org www.php.net/download www.mysql.com
Re: Php Installation Help by schibaba(m): 9:01am On Feb 10, 2007
nateone:

HI there,
i have been tryig to install php on my system for the past days but i couldnt, can some one help me with it, i yried to install from www.php.net, on a microsoft system

What you have to know is that PHP is a web development language. You need a webserver ike IIS5 or higher(Internet Informatioin Services), and a version of php that works with it. you can also use Apache whice is the default webserver that works with PHP and the world most widely use Webserver. Then you would need a databse if you want to develope webapplications and the besst for this is MYSQL. After you download a version of php that is suitable for you i would advice that you download version 4 then read through the installation help that comes withthe downloaded zip file. There are two kinds of installation you will find out. More.

Things could be much easier for you if you download one of the packages with PHP online like WAMP and there are a bulk of them. But if you do this you will not understand how to work with you PHP ini file which is important.

The mehtod where you do everything yourself is the prefered method of PHP.

skima:

http://www.reactorserver.com/
The site is working go for it, i've downloaded and install it for someone.

or better still www.easyphp.org I prefer reactorserver since its more uptodate than easyphp.

My first php installation was manual and was able to tweak every other installations.

want it manually?

www.apache.org www.php.net/download www.mysql.com
Re: Php Installation Help by abacus(m): 12:44pm On Feb 12, 2007
I prefer Xampp

I use to have variaties of php/apache installer, LAMP, WAMP etc, Use Xampp cos it will also give you Mail Server.

Goodluck
Re: Php Installation Help by nytrozd: 5:19pm On Apr 24, 2009
pls can you tell me how i can use smf on xampp,if it is too long for you to display pls send it to me at nytroz.d@gmail.com .javascript:void(0);

(1) (Reply)

Help On How To Configure Jdk On Windows Os / How Much Windows Programming Is Needed 4 Game Programming / Niit Urgent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.