Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,183 members, 7,845,883 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

My Response To Amnesty International - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Response To Amnesty International (322 Views)

Nigerian Soldiers Rape Starving Women –amnesty International / Nigeria Has 24 Hours To Stop NGO Billl - Amnesty International / "Photos Of Hired Anti-Amnesty International Protesters Getting Paid" - Richard A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Response To Amnesty International by lordsterlin(m): 11:20am On Feb 03, 2017
AS A MEMBER, THIS IS MY ADVICE TO AMNESTY INT'L IN RELATION TO A LETTER ADDRESSED TO ME

And I think other human rights bodies should understand this

I would like to advice that amnesty international should also avoid being seen as opposing a legitimate government, being that such a government is fighting for its people in its best sense.
Amnesty should not be seen as fighting every government move that does not support refugee plans. It's their country and they deserve the right to say who goes in and who stays or goes out within the ambit of an approved law.
Amnesty int'l should also major on Christians who are being oppressed and killed in Muslim countries and dominated localities. We see less of this info and involvement of amnesty daily and people are getting worried amnesty is becoming lopsided in its objectives.
I think if the refugee ban is for a time so the government can carry out a thorough work on its territory then the US government's decision should be respected.
You cannot because of an intention to be good to all kill many who look up to you. In as much as US isn't attacking the Muslim world but closing its entrance to them, let's wait and see what the outcome will yield rather than attacking and trying to oppose the policy of a sovereign state. This is what I suggest. Thanks.
Re: My Response To Amnesty International by paschu: 12:37pm On Feb 03, 2017
Spot On.
Re: My Response To Amnesty International by onyeezeigbo: 12:38pm On Feb 03, 2017
American Feminists: We want equal rights with men. African Feminists: We want to be the men.

(1) (Reply)

Let The Change Agents Go For National Protest / Buhari Didn’t Give Us Date Of Return – SENATE / Spe Rate To Get Ba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.