Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

Onyeka Onwenu & King Sunny Ade - "Wait For Me" Do You Remember This Music Video? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Onyeka Onwenu & King Sunny Ade - "Wait For Me" Do You Remember This Music Video? (24099 Views)

King Sunny Ade – ODU Album / Onyeka Onwenu Takes Music Distributors To Court / King Sunny Ade To Perform At Coachella 2017 Alongside Beyonce, Kendrick Lamar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onyeka Onwenu & King Sunny Ade - "Wait For Me" Do You Remember This Music Video? by jaymejate: 9:21am On Feb 04, 2017
Do You Remember This Music Video?

Vividly well, the song was produced to promote family planning, in line with IBB policy of max of 4 kids per family. Also to forestall pre mature marriage and unwanted pregnancy.

However it was after this song that rumours were stiff that it was King Sunny Ade that fathered Onyeka Owenu's son.

Good old days when a family can gather and watch Naija muzik video. You don't dear watch naija muzik videos in the presence of kids anymore. So sad sad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGIp3gVuslY

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Onyeka Onwenu & King Sunny Ade - "Wait For Me" Do You Remember This Music Video? by Nobody: 9:32am On Feb 04, 2017
If you love me, you go wait for me cheesy grin cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyeka Onwenu & King Sunny Ade - "Wait For Me" Do You Remember This Music Video? by miqos02(m): 12:19pm On Feb 04, 2017
no
Re: Onyeka Onwenu & King Sunny Ade - "Wait For Me" Do You Remember This Music Video? by babyfaceafrica: 12:19pm On Feb 04, 2017
If I hear say naija gals gree..eyes have tear

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Onwenu & King Sunny Ade - "Wait For Me" Do You Remember This Music Video? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Feb 04, 2017
Yea tongue
Re: Onyeka Onwenu & King Sunny Ade - "Wait For Me" Do You Remember This Music Video? by SalomonKane: 12:19pm On Feb 04, 2017
Of course I do. Like yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Onwenu & King Sunny Ade - "Wait For Me" Do You Remember This Music Video? by NaLaugh: 12:19pm On Feb 04, 2017
cheesy

jaymejate:

Vividly well, the song was produced to promote family planning, in line with IBB policy of max of 4 kids per family. Also to forestall pre mature marriage and unwanted pregnancy.

However it was after this song that rumours were stiff that it was King Sunny Ade that fathered Onyeka Owenu's son.

Good old days when a family can gather and watch Naija muzik video. You don't dear watch naija muzik videos in the presence of kids anymore. So sad sad

That's true. However, don't forget Blacky's Bang Belly and a few other similarly "sexy" videos came out the same period as this video.

Here is Bang Belly, with Ibinabo's sexy ass in that sexy bikini and more. cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7khgQLZmMg

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onyeka Onwenu & King Sunny Ade - "Wait For Me" Do You Remember This Music Video? by Jeffrey12(m): 12:20pm On Feb 04, 2017
No oo..
And pls who's sunny Ade?? undecided
Re: Onyeka Onwenu & King Sunny Ade - "Wait For Me" Do You Remember This Music Video? by tzargeemedia: 12:20pm On Feb 04, 2017
This is not for kids of Nairaland. It was a song KSA and Onyeka did campaigning for abstinence and family planning. Watching this video now, i feel like going back to those old days. Thats a positive backwardness. I will get many things right while enjoying the Aurora of the old days.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyeka Onwenu & King Sunny Ade - "Wait For Me" Do You Remember This Music Video? by shadrach77: 12:20pm On Feb 04, 2017
There were rumours then that KSA and Onyeka were dating. The video was the "Mad Over You" of those days grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu & King Sunny Ade - "Wait For Me" Do You Remember This Music Video? by habex005(m): 12:20pm On Feb 04, 2017
Of course
Re: Onyeka Onwenu & King Sunny Ade - "Wait For Me" Do You Remember This Music Video? by Ayoswit(f): 12:20pm On Feb 04, 2017
yes
Re: Onyeka Onwenu & King Sunny Ade - "Wait For Me" Do You Remember This Music Video? by SalomonKane: 12:20pm On Feb 04, 2017
Aderola15:
If you love me, you go wait for me cheesy grin cheesy
You dey hear me so... if you love me, you go wait for me. Oya wait for me, make we... grin

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Onyeka Onwenu & King Sunny Ade - "Wait For Me" Do You Remember This Music Video? by erico2k2(m): 12:21pm On Feb 04, 2017
jaymejate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGIp3gVuslY

Yes back in the days when Yorubas and Igbos have JOY
Now no JOY

4 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu & King Sunny Ade - "Wait For Me" Do You Remember This Music Video? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Feb 04, 2017
When will Naija get here

6 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu & King Sunny Ade - "Wait For Me" Do You Remember This Music Video? by IbBarham(m): 12:21pm On Feb 04, 2017
Hmmm... How time flies
Re: Onyeka Onwenu & King Sunny Ade - "Wait For Me" Do You Remember This Music Video? by obembet(f): 12:21pm On Feb 04, 2017
Sure... I listen to the music last year Dec on dstv during ksa birthday.... Live
Re: Onyeka Onwenu & King Sunny Ade - "Wait For Me" Do You Remember This Music Video? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Feb 04, 2017
People wey know this, with how young Onyeka and KSA dey for that video, I knee down for una o.

Uncles and Aunties of NL.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu & King Sunny Ade - "Wait For Me" Do You Remember This Music Video? by abioyeolaide(m): 12:21pm On Feb 04, 2017
Gone are the days.

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Onwenu & King Sunny Ade - "Wait For Me" Do You Remember This Music Video? by MVLOX(m): 12:21pm On Feb 04, 2017
Vintage Sunny Ade and Onyeka Owenu
Re: Onyeka Onwenu & King Sunny Ade - "Wait For Me" Do You Remember This Music Video? by Goldenheart(m): 12:21pm On Feb 04, 2017
Nope
Re: Onyeka Onwenu & King Sunny Ade - "Wait For Me" Do You Remember This Music Video? by kayo80(m): 12:23pm On Feb 04, 2017
Yep! My dad had the vinyl back in the day and we played the song a lot on weekends at my house. Nice collaboration. Sunny Ade recently said the rumor that he was dating Onyeka Owenu helped the song sell, and they didn't say anything about the rumors because of that. But really, they just recorded a really good song and nothing transpired between them sexually.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu & King Sunny Ade - "Wait For Me" Do You Remember This Music Video? by joliyp(f): 12:23pm On Feb 04, 2017
k
Re: Onyeka Onwenu & King Sunny Ade - "Wait For Me" Do You Remember This Music Video? by dfrost: 12:24pm On Feb 04, 2017
Yes cheesy

I currently play the mp3 version of it on auto repeat these days.

"I love you. I want to marry you. I want you"

"I want you too. But I have promised not to until after marriage"

cheesy grin

These days reverse is the case embarassed cry.

In Onyeka Onwenu's voice "this thing called love na serious affair"

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Onwenu & King Sunny Ade - "Wait For Me" Do You Remember This Music Video? by joliyp(f): 12:24pm On Feb 04, 2017
kayo80:
Yep! My dad had the vinyl back in the day and we played the song a lot on weekends at my house. Nice collaboration. Sunny Ade recently said the rumor that he was dating Onyeka Owenu helped the song sell, and they didn't say anything about the rumors because of that. But really, they just recorded a really good song and nothing transpired between them sexually.
are u sure

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyeka Onwenu & King Sunny Ade - "Wait For Me" Do You Remember This Music Video? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Feb 04, 2017
Anybody dat remembers dis song should at least b married by now....... tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Onwenu & King Sunny Ade - "Wait For Me" Do You Remember This Music Video? by eitsei(m): 12:26pm On Feb 04, 2017
Good old days.... Why is it that most old things are better than what we have now cry
Re: Onyeka Onwenu & King Sunny Ade - "Wait For Me" Do You Remember This Music Video? by CplusJason: 12:27pm On Feb 04, 2017
Sweet memories.....

That was when musicians dish out good lyrics from the vocal booth.

2 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu & King Sunny Ade - "Wait For Me" Do You Remember This Music Video? by Omotayor123(f): 12:29pm On Feb 04, 2017
Yes I do cheesy

"If you love me you go buy me Ferrari ahn ahn"

No time to waste timegrin grin

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Onwenu & King Sunny Ade - "Wait For Me" Do You Remember This Music Video? by dfrost: 12:29pm On Feb 04, 2017
CplusJason:
Sweet memories.....

That was when musicians dish out good lyrics from the vocal booth.

Honestly. Days when the white matter in their skull was functioning. These days the white matter has either turned black, grey or has been removed with weed and other hard drugs. angry
Re: Onyeka Onwenu & King Sunny Ade - "Wait For Me" Do You Remember This Music Video? by kayo80(m): 12:30pm On Feb 04, 2017
joliyp:
are u sure

Well that's what Sunny said.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu & King Sunny Ade - "Wait For Me" Do You Remember This Music Video? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:32pm On Feb 04, 2017
Anti-sex music.

Thank Satan such stuppidities are behind us.

Enjoy life in your youth.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reason Why Many Nigerian Artistes Shoot Their Videos In SA. / Hip-hop Video Vixens / Funke Akindele Jenifa - 'I Want To Rap' (Audio)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.