Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

Checking Availability Of Company Name. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Checking Availability Of Company Name. (2285 Views)

Halima, Dangote’s Daughter Takes Charge Of Company’s Commercial Operations / Procedure For Checking Availability Code For CAC Company Registration. / Online Registration of Company/Business name with Corporate Affairs Commission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Checking Availability Of Company Name. by nadisman(m): 10:11am On Feb 04, 2017
Please i will like to know if one can just check for availability of the company name he wish to use and reserve the name until when he is ready to register it and checking of this name does it attract any fee if u have to do it your self on CORPORATE AFFAIRS COMMISSION site please only people with the idea are allwed to comment thank you.
Re: Checking Availability Of Company Name. by tukdi: 10:58am On Feb 04, 2017
nadisman:
Please i will like to know if one can just check for availability of the company name he wish to use and reserve the name until when he is ready to register it and checking of this name does it attract any fee if u have to do it your self on CORPORATE AFFAIRS COMMISSION site please only people with the idea are allwed to comment thank you.

Yes, one can check & reserve the name of the company you wish to use!

The reservation of name can only last for 60 days but it's renewable!

The official fee is N500!

N/B: Op, this can only be done by a lawyer or any other CAC accredited person! So don't forget that you will pay the lawyer or any other person that will help you do it!

Cheers!!! cool

1 Like

Re: Checking Availability Of Company Name. by Bookiemart01(f): 4:01pm On Feb 04, 2017
You can do the name search yourself. It's #500 for the search, you'll search with 2 names.

I usually advice that before you use #500 to search and then see the names are taken, you can 1st search here if the names are taken here http://.gov.ng:8080/comsearch/test.php

If the name isn't taken already, you can apply for name search with the #500 in CAC website.

Don't let anyone decieve you, you can do your name search yourself on CAC without using any lawyer. However, to proceed with company registration, you require a CAC accredited lawyer or chartered accountant.

Feel free to ask me any question

nadisman:

1 Like

Re: Checking Availability Of Company Name. by EXICON(m): 9:49pm On Feb 04, 2017
Can you please check the URL again as it is not a valid one.
Really appreciate you.
Regards.
Bookiemart01:
You can do the name search yourself. It's #500 for the search, you'll search with 2 names.

I usually advice that before you use #500 to search and then see the names are taken, you can 1st search here if the names are taken here http://.gov.ng:8080/comsearch/test.php

If the name isn't taken already, you can apply for name search with the #500 in CAC website.

Don't let anyone decieve you, you can do your name search yourself on CAC without using any lawyer. However, to proceed with company registration, you require a CAC accredited lawyer or chartered accountant.

Feel free to ask me any question

Re: Checking Availability Of Company Name. by Bookiemart01(f): 6:14am On Feb 05, 2017
Please check their website you'll find a link that says "click here for public search"

EXICON:
Can you please check the URL again as it is not a valid one.
Really appreciate you.
Regards.
Re: Checking Availability Of Company Name. by ganzer4real: 6:58pm On Jan 06, 2020
https://.gov.ng/ComSearch/index.php that is the correct site for CAC availability check

(1) (Reply)

Labata Market (niger State) / Learn Mobile Graphic Design On Your Smart Phones / How Much Is Dollar To Naira Today In Black Market August 17th, 2023?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.