Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Residents Cry Out As Strange Religious Sect Terrorises Ogun Communities - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Residents Cry Out As Strange Religious Sect Terrorises Ogun Communities (759 Views)

200 Armed Gangsters Invade Lagos And Ogun Communities, Rob Them / Lockdown: Police Arrest Suspected Robbery Suspects Terrorizing Ogun Communities / Lockdown: Robbers Invade Lagos, Ogun Communities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Residents Cry Out As Strange Religious Sect Terrorises Ogun Communities by drkay(m): 11:48am On Feb 04, 2017
"RESIDENTS and community leaders in Pavilion Estate in Ota area of Ogun State have cried out following alleged attacks by a strange Islamic sect led by one Alfa Yisa aka Allahu ‘Kamoli.’ It was learnt that the sect doesn’t have a mosque or worship in any mosque, but instead drink the bath water of their leader for healing. The religious sect was also accused of churning out hate messages against community leaders through open preachings. The community, it was learnt, had warned a landlord who hosted the sect members to send them away to no avail.
The sect members who were allegedly accommodated by a landlord, Kazeem Waheed, it was learnt, had earlier been flushed out of the communities in September 2012, following the intervention of the then state police commissioner, while the said Waheed apologised via a letter signed by his counsel in August 2013 promised not to cause breach of peace by further accommodating members of his sect. It, however, emerged that members of the sect returned in trickles a few months later to further threaten the peace of the communities.
The situation got to a head on January 20, 2017, after the sect members allegedly attacked residents with cutlasses and sticks, which led to a breakdown of law and order. A commercial tricycle, plastic chairs and were said to have been destroyed in the attack. According to eyewitnesses, the sect members had planned to celebrate a child naming ceremony of an unknown couple, when their truck was intercepted by security guards manning the two entrances to the communities at about 8p.m. It was learnt that the truck drivers had refused to disclose the content of the vehicle as requested by the guards on duty.
Irked by the development, the sect members numbering about 200 were said to have attacked members of the communities. Among other victims, customers at a canteen, a pastor of a Pentecostal church, an automobile technician and commercial tricycle operator were brutalised by the sect members.
It took the combine efforts of the police and men of the Navy School of Music, Ota, to restore normalcy and eject the sect members and their leader from the community. Recalling the incident, the Chairman of Pavilion Estate Community Development Association, Alhaji Wasiu Lawal said: ‘’ The sect members were accommodated in a two- bedroom bungalow at No 1, Moradeyo Avenue inside this community, but their activities had been inimical to the peace and security of members of this community. ‘’On January 20, 2017, a strange truck hired by the sect was about moving into the community at about 8p.m when the security guards hired by the community during a routine check stopped the driver and asked him to disclose the content of the vehicle.
‘’Instead of disclosing what was inside the truck, the driver put a call to the sect leader and before residents knew it, members of the sect trooped out in their hundreds and attacked innocent people in the neighbourhoods. ‘’They vandalised several houses, motorcycles, a tricyle including that of my vice chairman whose house was vandalised from the roof in an attempt to break into his house. Men of the Onipanu Police Division and operatives of Navy Music School in Ota promptly came here to rescue residents from the brutality of the sect members who were about 300 in number.
‘’Although, they have since been flushed out by the police, but they threatened to return to cause more mayhem in our community, hence, we are crying out so the state government and security forces can ensure adequate protection for residents. We are not saying that their host cannot live in this community, but his colleagues in the sect are not welcome here at all.’’ In his remark, the immediate past chairman of the community association, Mr. Francis Adeoti, said: ‘’The sect members do not pray in mosques nor fast during Ramadan and their slogan is Halleya Mohammed Jesus.They have been brainwashing teenagers in this community and engaged in stealing and burglary.
‘’The sect members were once driven out in September 2012 and the then Area Commander advised the sect leader and his members who were squatting with one of our neighbours who is a landlord to relocate in his own interest and allow peace to reign.They are currently squatting at No 7 Akeem Busari Street off Iyesi Road, Iyana Iyesi, Ota, after they were evicted by police for attacking residents on January 20, during which they also laid siege to my house and threatened to deal with me, not knowing that I was not at home then. ‘’We are not saying that their host (Waheed) should not live in his house, but he should not bring strange men numbering about 300 into our community all in the name of helping his sect leader who was chased out of the place he was living before.
We also want to call on the state government and relevant security agencies to prevent the sect comprising of foreign nationals from regrouping and returning to our communities. ’’ In a telephone conversation with our correspondent, the embattled landlord who hosted the religious sect, Waheed, said his fundamental right was being unnecessarily violated by the community leaders. He said: ’’The action of the so-called community leaders bothers on infringement on my fundamental human right because I have every right to freedom of association and live anywhere I deem good for me without being molested or harassed.
I have been taken to court over this matter in the past but the court did not find me wanting.’’ Waheed, however, declined comment on the violent attack on residents by his sect. The spokesman of the Ogun Police Command, Mr Abimbola Oyeyemi, promised to revert to our correspondent on the matter, but did not do so at press time. Meanwhile, a top police source told The Nation that the sect members have been flushed out and that the DPO of Onipanu is on top of the situation. ‘’There is no cause for alarm in the area.We have flushed out the sect members and the DPO of the Onipanu Division is monitoting the situation. ‘’The community leaders should revert to the DPO if they sight or notice any suspicious movement of the sect members in the communities and police will definitely take neccessary action."

http://thenationonlineng.net/residents-cry-strange-religious-sect-terrorises-ogun-communities/
Re: Residents Cry Out As Strange Religious Sect Terrorises Ogun Communities by Thewrath(m): 11:59am On Feb 04, 2017
I see
Re: Residents Cry Out As Strange Religious Sect Terrorises Ogun Communities by Abduljohn(m): 12:10pm On Feb 04, 2017
That their slogan, hmmm

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Alleged Thief Burnt To Death In Makurdi, Benue State / 9-yr-old Boy Lured With N20, Turned Into Sex Machine In Katsina / Insane Man Butchers Mother In Cameroon (graphic Photos, Videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.