Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,570 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

I Was Abducted At 17, Forced Into Islam, Now My Son Is Stolen-mother Of Two - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Was Abducted At 17, Forced Into Islam, Now My Son Is Stolen-mother Of Two (866 Views)

Girl Who Was Abducted To Togo By Lagos Spiritualist, Reunites With Mother. Photo / Cameroonian Woman Who Was Abducted In Nigeria 28-years Ago Reunites With Father / 6 Quick Things To Do If Your ATM Card Is Stolen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Abducted At 17, Forced Into Islam, Now My Son Is Stolen-mother Of Two by LastlyFREEDOM: 3:54am On Feb 05, 2017
A 2 4 – y e a r – o l d woman, Miss Rose Peter Chukwuku, has told a heart-rending story of how she was allegedly abducted at the age of 17, forcefully converted to Islam and married without her consent. Chukwuku alleged that her friend, Alhaji Olatunji Sulyman, whom she had gone to visit in Kwara State to visit, had forced her into a marriage.

She further alleged that her four-year-old son, who is a product of the alleged forced union, was taken from the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Command of the Police, by Alhaji Sulyman. The allegations were, however, denied by Sulyman, who insisted that the claims made by her were all false. In an exclusive interview with Sunday Telegraph, Rose said: “When we got (t)here, he laid so many allegations against me, that I stole his car, which I have documents here in my name.

He said I kidnapped his children and used them for money-ritual. He said he opened a shop of N10million for me, and I brought every receipt of every good in my shop that I opened. “And he also said that I broke his safe and took his N2million. When I came there, I confronted him with the allegation, he could not say anything…

“And, I told the police that this is what I have been facing. And they wrote a petition to the Commissioner of Police at the Command, telling him what is happening. I thought with this the police would safeguard my life and those of my children.”

She continued: “But, to my greatest surprise, yesterday (January 30), my children were in my brother’s house…I left them and came to the police station. “On reaching there, they said that I had to go back and bring the children. I tried to explain that it was becoming too stressful for these little children – one is four years and the other is five years.

“When the police insisted I must bring them, I went back to my brother’s house to bring them to the FCT Command. When we got there, we went to meet with the Commissioner of Police, who was preaching peace, asking that I made peace with him (Alhaji Sulyman) for the sake of my children. “And, as an elderly man, I respected him. He asked me for my position on the matter. And I told him that he (Tunji) had tortured me so much, that I’m not ready to spend even a single hour with him. “And, that I was not going to Kwara, because my life is not safe there. To my greatest surprise, when we left there, he (Tunji) went into the office of the CP.

When he came back, he said ‘let’s go, let’s go’.” Rose further disclosed that: “The next thing I was told was that they had already transferred the case to the police authorities in Kwara State. But I told them that I was not going anywhere. I was delaying there to see that my lawyer would come; they said I should go up to see the DC. “When I came down, my son was missing; he (Tunji) took my son and ran away. I went to the DC to report the case and the DC kept calling his number, but he was not picking.

The next thing, his phone was switched-off. “I was telling the DC that if I cannot get justice in the police station; if my son could get missing in a police station, will I even safe going back to Ilorin with him? I cannot find my son, and the police went to the airport this morning (January 31) to check if he boarded the flight to Kwara State, nothing was discovered. My life is not safe at all.”

Meanwhile, Sulyan, whom Sunday Telegraph had sent a text to for response, had called at about 9:30pm on Friday, to acknowledge receipt of the text. Before the several network interruptions, he had said he was not calling to be recorded, but to say this newspaper, which he said is reputable, should not allow itself to be misled. He had maintained his innocence, while picking holes in all the allegations levelled against him by Miss Chukwuku.

He wondered why a responsible man that bought a “Toyota Matrix” worth over N10million could be alleged to have done all of that. He further maintained that he opened a shop for Rose, and could not have done what he was being accused of, more so that two children are a product of the relationship that is now in dispute. This was, as he said, the matter was already before the police and should be allowed to run its course. Several efforts made yesterday, to underscore the importance of his response failed, as his phone kept showing “number busy” throughout the period.

That was shortly after a dropped-call. However, Sunday Telegraph forwarded another text to him yesterday; a reply was still being expected as at the time of filing this report. In the same light, a reply to two text message forwarded to the FCT Police CP, was still being awaited as 6:40pm yesterday.

The PPRO, ASP Anjuguri Manzah, who had called to acknowledge a message from Sunday Telegraph, promised to check the details upon resumption of work. However, Chukwuku has approached a Federal High Court sitting in Abuja with an ex parte motion. In the application filed on January 27, 2017, the applicant is seeking an order of court “granting leave to the Applicant to issue and serve the Originating Motion and all other accompanying processes in this suit on the 2nd Respondent (Sulyman) in Ilorin, Kwara State outside the jurisdiction of this Honourable Court…”

A copy of the originating motion obtained by Sunday Telegraph showed that the applicant, through her counsel, Messrs Emmanuel Ukaegbu Akuma and John- Mary C. Jideobi, is seeking, among other reliefs: “A Solemn Declaration of this Honourable Court that the forceful conversion of the Applicant from Christianity to Islamic religion by the 2nd Defendant in the manner detailed in paragraph 4 of the Affidavit evidence accompanying this originating motion is a gross violation of the Applicant’s fundamental right to freedom of religion trenchantly consecrated in section 39 (1) of the Amended 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.”

She is also praying the court to compel the 2nd Respondent to pay her the sum of N150 million “as damages for the wasted years of her life arising from her unlawful imprisonment, degradation of her humanity and worth in the society…”

Other Defendants in the suit are the Inspector General of Police (1st), the CP, FCT (3rd), and the Nigerian Police Force (4th). No date has been fixed for the hearing of the originating motion.

https://newtelegraphonline.com/news/abducted-17-forced-islam-now-son-stolen-mother-two/

Re: I Was Abducted At 17, Forced Into Islam, Now My Son Is Stolen-mother Of Two by Excell360: 4:54am On Feb 05, 2017
This's absurd...... Justice must be served!

Meanwhile FTC........ Seun, lala, et.al, where's d form
Re: I Was Abducted At 17, Forced Into Islam, Now My Son Is Stolen-mother Of Two by okosodo: 6:02am On Feb 05, 2017
This is a so called secular state. The police, the army and all government agency are fighting hard to see it islamised. The useless tunji is supposed to be in jail for kidnap, but here is is dictating the pacd of the case in a police station. Christians need ro wake up in order to stop this ugly trend
Re: I Was Abducted At 17, Forced Into Islam, Now My Son Is Stolen-mother Of Two by Fourwinds: 8:00pm On Feb 05, 2017
d Nigeria state has failed
Re: I Was Abducted At 17, Forced Into Islam, Now My Son Is Stolen-mother Of Two by shukudi(m): 12:46am On Feb 06, 2017
okosodo:
This is a so called secular state. The police, the army and all government agency are fighting hard to see it islamised. The useless tunji is supposed to be in jail for kidnap, but here is is dictating the pacd of the case in a police station. Christians need ro wake up in order to stop this ugly trend
d girl/woman must be MAD! @ age 17 she went to ilorin to visit her friend Alhaji suleyman and she said she was forced to islam. What fun was a dog seeking in a lion's den? Between ages 17 to 24 where was her family? na now them wan collect over 100M through d court. Yeye ppl. On this particular case, there is nothing abt 'islamisation', let the christian parents look after their children nd also instill in them the right virtuous of moral nd Godly living.
Re: I Was Abducted At 17, Forced Into Islam, Now My Son Is Stolen-mother Of Two by rifasenate11(m): 2:00am On Feb 06, 2017
hmmm
Re: I Was Abducted At 17, Forced Into Islam, Now My Son Is Stolen-mother Of Two by Nobody: 11:55am On Feb 06, 2017
She went to visit 'her friend' all the way in Kwara State at the age of 17?

For 7 years, someone in the habit of travelling interstate, could not find even a traffic warden to report her abduction to in the whole of Kwara State. She was unable to make a phone call to her parents, and apparently they were unable to make phone calls to her?

All the while she was presumably making money in her shop, she was unable to save enough to find her way back home. She could not fuel her Toyota Matrix and drive home?

She needs to explain what 'forced into Islam' means. Was she forced to believe what Muslims believe? Did they force her to pray at the point of a sword? Did they do Quran-recitation exams for her with a gun pointed at her head?

The only moral lesson I can glean from this story is that one should never marry certain classes of females who are ready to cross interstate at 17 to visit you, especially when you are rich. If they can do that, they can do much more than that for your money.

Of course, there are people who would just love her story to be true, so will believe it, contrary to their common sense.

(1) (Reply)

GBESE!!! Customs Seizes Container Of Tilapia Fish Imported From Turkey / (Must Watch) Top Ghanaian Politician In Bed With Chinese Woman / Man With Human Head Just Now PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.