Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

My Thoughts On Tubaba's Failed 6th Of February Protest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Thoughts On Tubaba's Failed 6th Of February Protest (1195 Views)

Four Quick Thoughts On The Zamfara Massacre By Farooq Kperogi / See Newspaper Headlines Before 6th February Protest / I Will Forget About This Protest If I Am Tubaba...the Pressure Is Too Much (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Thoughts On Tubaba's Failed 6th Of February Protest by sobmos(m): 4:09am On Feb 05, 2017
The recent news making the rounds now is that Tubaba AKA 2face idibia has canceled the 6th of February protest... His excuses? In quote "After some serious consultations with 'some' people, they've come to a conclusion that the protest might be hijacked by touts and used to destroy lives and properties "... If I say I'm highly disappointed in Tubaba, that will be the greatest understatement of the 21st century... I know millions of Nigerians too feel the same way, this was supposed to be a platform where Nigerians can make their voice heard, where the masses were supposed to let this administration know how they truly feel, to make the presidency know that we the masses are not happy with style of governance. I know, the pressure Tubaba must've gone through both internally and externally, the power of "orders from above". But, we the masses expected him to show doggedness, to show the powers that be that the masses too have the power to let their voices heard. Questions that keeps going through my head is, did Tubaba just woke up one morning and decided to mess with the brains of Nigerians with this so called protest? What did he stand to gain? We all know what happened with the so called BRING BACK OUR GIRLS shenanigans , where the deputy leader championing the protest was given a juicy "appointment " by the presidency. Is that what Tubaba wanted too? A lot has been going through my restless mind, if the 6th of February protest was supposed to be a politically motivated by Tubaba's selfish interests... Did he really had the masses in mind when he came up with the protest idea? This and many more questions begged to be answered. Nigeria will continue to remain the way it is, with no visible improvements and development,we'll continue to go from one bad government to the other, until there's a true leader that can stand with the people and reject oppression... The late FELA KUTI, has sang about this , that the liberation of the masses is really in their mind, the fear of the police and army, will never make us really express ourselves to the government (nobody wan die). Until we stand together and a true leader with an unshakeable, corrupt free mind leads the people against this tyrant government, we'll all continue to suffer and groan in pain from the harsh situation we find ourselves.
P.S::: I don't belong to any political party and neither am I a politician... This write up is unbiased and just solely my thoughts.
Re: My Thoughts On Tubaba's Failed 6th Of February Protest by pressplay411(m): 4:32am On Feb 05, 2017
Usually my "spider sense" goes haywire in situations like this but I don't believe 2baba had ulterior motive behind the protest.

He instigated it with the genuine intention of letting the govt know that the nation is groaning and collectively we're all fed up with the state of the economy.

The message has been passed. The momentum and support amassed by the purported protest alone has left the presidency quivering.
The VP has addressed the press on the issue, albeit to establish the our individual right to protest as opposed to the police intimidation.

Yes, a lot might have happened behind the scene; consultation is a loose word. It could be threats, advice, etc. But the fact remains that 2Baba is one man, even though he championed the protest, him pulling out doesn't necessarily mean Nigerians shouldn't protest. He did claim the protest wasn't his movement to begin with, he's just a supporter just like every one else.

But the question remains, can the protest be peaceful, organised and coordinated? We hear of counter protests, political hijackers (Fayose precisely), police intimidation, and of course the opportunist miscreants- "area boys"

I really wish the protest could be successful but I believe the message has been passed across. The most successful Protest that never held.

4 Likes

Re: My Thoughts On Tubaba's Failed 6th Of February Protest by Nobody: 4:49am On Feb 05, 2017
Politics is not worth loosing any life for. It's barely worth wasting time on.

He used wisdom. And his purpose of protest has been registered with the rulers - a bloodless protest.

3 Likes

Re: My Thoughts On Tubaba's Failed 6th Of February Protest by overall90: 5:03am On Feb 05, 2017
Looking at Tuface facial expressions and deamanour from the cancellation video, it is very obvious that he must have been pressured and even threatened to cancelled the protest.
Knowing who Nigerian police are, if Tuface had gone ahead with the protest, they would have made sure that there is fracas and lost of lives so that they have reason to arrest and punish him and also as deterant to future protest against this evil government.
Re: My Thoughts On Tubaba's Failed 6th Of February Protest by Gwan2(m): 5:05am On Feb 05, 2017
[b]Seriously with all due respect to everyone bashing 2face, you guys have a very limited understanding of politics especially in Africa and most especially Nigerian politics. I laugh if you ordinarily thought 2face threw in the towel based on settling or what he himself said in the video he posted............See, trust me, if you think nigerian political sphere is ruled by ordinary men, i mean mortals like me and you that just rant on social media, you must be very very ignorant. Although there might be quite a sizable number of men whose hands are 'clean', but they are very very few, and such men dont count in the grand scheme of happenings in the political arena.
How dare you an ordinary civilian expose yourself to men of top echelon of the occultic world. You must either be in a very very strong society as well to confront them or you will be wasted and nothing, i repeat, nothing will happen. Do guys know how many interest will be tampered with by that protest?.......I mean that protest was gaining so much momentum that it was becoming a movement. It could had attracted international audience for sure. Now, do you know how you must have bruised political egos by carrying placards displaying our government ineptitude to the whole world while the police safeguard the protest which will be assumed as an approval of the gross government ineptitude?
I was in full support of the protest mind you, I had earlier told my sister that 2face will receive just one call that will tell him to drop his intention without explaining the reason to the public, he was even somehow brave by saying much in the video he posted......I reside in Kaduna, Zakzaky was a government in his own capacity in zaria, now zakzaky is depending on federal high court to just catch a glimpse of the outer world, Nnamadi Kanu is another case......Where is Asari Dokubo that threaten fire and brimstone if GEJ lost, where is tompolo, boyloaf, ateke tom.......even almighty shekau.
This protest wasn't 2face initiative, i had received a broadcast message on my wasaap about the planned protest 2weeks before 2face declared solidarity for the movement, am very sure he also received the broadcast message and thereafter lend his support via his instagram page. Now this is what happened, before 2face supported the protest, as i said earlier there was broadcast messages sent at random, now this messages sent was sphere-headed by faceless people, i mean who is the pioneer of the EIE or Enough is Enough?.....Of coarse, faceless. 2face backing the protest gave the movement a face....I'm very sure what 2face initially intended was to support the movement in solidarity not to be the frontier. As you all know immediately 2face supported, fans of other celebrities started insulting them for not being responsive to their plight by supporting the protest.....suddenly some celebrities like olamide showed solidarity by supporting the movement via their Instagram page. Since 2face is the first celebrity to champion the cause, he gladly took the responsibility of fronting the movement with a mindset of writing his name in the books as our heros who took similar route.........He really underestimated the repercussion, I mean you are protesting against an APC government in an APC state?...who does that. Secondly to me the protest was ill timed, I mean we dont even know the state of health of our president plus he will be coming back from a long vacation on that same day only to be greeted with protest before the eyes of the eyes of the international community, i knew the government will do anything to avert it.
Seriously it was cheaper for tuface to drop his intention than to contend with such men except if he was ready to chant the course with his blood to write his name in the book of history which i think he had already achieved through his music[/b]

2 Likes

Re: My Thoughts On Tubaba's Failed 6th Of February Protest by pressplay411(m): 5:17am On Feb 05, 2017
gwan2
Fear of the politicians isn't the issue. The concern is the loss of lives when different protesters clash cos the protest was already getting politicized.
Eventually it would all be on whose head?

NLC is better posited for this protest.

2 Likes

Re: My Thoughts On Tubaba's Failed 6th Of February Protest by Gwan2(m): 5:22am On Feb 05, 2017
pressplay411:
gwan2
Fear of the politicians isn't the issue. The concern is the loss of lives when different protesters clash cos the protest was already getting politicized.
Eventually it would all be on whose head?

NLC is better posited for this protest.
Bros you are interpreting it with a very ignorant and innocent mindset......Politics in Nigeria is very very deep
Re: My Thoughts On Tubaba's Failed 6th Of February Protest by Vickiweezy(m): 5:32am On Feb 05, 2017
2baba's balls are missing, someone call 'em babymamas asap.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Thoughts On Tubaba's Failed 6th Of February Protest by edlion57(m): 5:36am On Feb 05, 2017
Nnamdi kanu is man..... the difference is clear

Re: My Thoughts On Tubaba's Failed 6th Of February Protest by bollify(m): 6:20am On Feb 05, 2017
Those of you blaming 2face, have you asked yourselves questions?

Less than 12 hours before he made the video, he announced the dress code of the planned protest. Less than 6 hours before the video, he announced the dos and the don'ts. Was the proper consultation done within one hour? Did he really made this dying minute decision in his free will?

The protest was announced in his studio. He was even sitting, with the video recorded in an anticipating and happy mood. But the cancellation video was recorded in an unknown place, with him standing and he couldn't hide his disappointment. Are you sure the video wasn't recorded with gun pointed at his head? What will you do if you were in his shoe?

For me, my respect and admiration for this guy is not even scratched to talk of losing it. In facts, I am currently playing his song at the moment.

One love Nigeria
One love 2baba

4 Likes

Re: My Thoughts On Tubaba's Failed 6th Of February Protest by opalu: 6:29am On Feb 05, 2017
Hmmmmm
Re: My Thoughts On Tubaba's Failed 6th Of February Protest by pressplay411(m): 8:27am On Feb 05, 2017
Gwan2:

Bros you are interpreting it with a very ignorant and innocent mindset......Politics in Nigeria is very very deep

Your opinion, not fact.
If it's that deep and diabolical another politician should die every other day.
2baba made a wise choice realising things could go south and he'd become the scape coat and lose it all in a blink of an eye. All the past martyrs who remembers them?
When was the last time any one remembered Gani Fawehinmi? Or Abiola or Saro Wiwa, etc.
Nigerians are not worth dying for. If it was another country, he probably would still champion the cause.

I still maintain that a body like NLC is better posited for the protest if there's to be any.

(1) (Reply)

See Before And After London Vacation Pictures Of President Buhari / Mathematical Explanation Of Why Nigeria Is A Poor Nation / Why Nnamdi Kanu Sneaks Into The States Of His Control, Is He Afraid?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.