Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Tuface Protest: Nigerian Democracy Fails First Real Test - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tuface Protest: Nigerian Democracy Fails First Real Test (713 Views)

Tuface Protest: Ezekwesii Blasts Buhari, Osinbajo As Civic Group Pledges To Cont / 5 Implications Of The Tuface Protest / Do Not Join Tuface Protest! It Will Turn To Riot! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tuface Protest: Nigerian Democracy Fails First Real Test by Truth234(m): 8:06am On Feb 05, 2017
So Tuface cancelled the protest, wow! Nigerian democracy just failed its first real test. And to those that think Tuface lacked the moral to convey such protest because he failed to prove his commitment to the Nigerian economy by doing his wedding in Dubai, please think again. This is a man that has generated more forex for the economy than the seating president, in fact, his Itune revenue generation and that of other musicians (that he helped put on global stage) are part of what is sustaining the economy right now. This is a man that has performed on over 2,000 stages across the world in pigin English. Common, if that is not made in Nigeria in its purest form, I really don't know what it is. To even question such commitment shows we have a long way to go as a people.

I see no reason, a man that has generated forex for the nation for over 19 years, 988 weeks, 6935 days can't take 3 days off in Dubai for his wedding after all the president is still in London. Yet he has generated no single forex for this nation, apart from spending the little that is left. A lot of people may not know this, what just happened is bigger than Tuface, this is a Nigerian Call that was not obeyed, trampled upon by the same 1 percent that has consistently sabotaged the progress of this nation.

Lastly, this is a huge blow to the Nigerian democracy, and once again affirmed the fact that the people are still not free and that the power remains centralised.

4 Likes

Re: Tuface Protest: Nigerian Democracy Fails First Real Test by sirteayeni: 8:10am On Feb 05, 2017
Still, 2baba fall my hand.

1 Like

Re: Tuface Protest: Nigerian Democracy Fails First Real Test by Truth234(m): 8:13am On Feb 05, 2017
sirteayeni:
Still, 2baba fall my hand.

If you receive the kind of insults and series of personal attacks he received since the protest was announced you will likely do the same.
Re: Tuface Protest: Nigerian Democracy Fails First Real Test by lytech1(m): 8:14am On Feb 05, 2017
I knew he cancel the protest because of the threat he got by our vampires(politicians).

But he lost a great chance of becoming a hero.

We need his calibre to lead a protest of this kind.

People will laugh at a common man without name for trying to lead this protest

i fear the future of this country...

Can anything good come out of this APC lead administraton.

Wait,where are our freedom fighter.

Where are the like of cultist initiator(wole soyinka).

Our freedom as a citizen has been abuse and we dare not talk.

Buhari,you are a real dictator,i regret wasting my vote

3 Likes

Re: Tuface Protest: Nigerian Democracy Fails First Real Test by Truth234(m): 8:22am On Feb 05, 2017
lytech1:
I knew he cancel the protest because of the threat he got by our vampires(politicians).

The truth is the damage this cancellation done to our democracy outweighs even the protest itself. This protest would have given birth to a new Nigerian democracy and restored power to the people.

1 Like

Re: Tuface Protest: Nigerian Democracy Fails First Real Test by gabazin080(m): 8:24am On Feb 05, 2017
Truth234:

If you receive the kind of insults and series of personal attacks he received since the protest was announced you will likely do the same.
he should learn from fela. no matter the threat he still says what he thinks about the government.

TUFACE IS NOT WORTH BEING A LEADER

2 Likes

Re: Tuface Protest: Nigerian Democracy Fails First Real Test by Nobody: 8:28am On Feb 05, 2017
I said it time and time again here
Stand with 2face at home
Now y'all will be sitting at home,probably drinking Jedi!!!!

He did the right thing.
Though he got no balls
Though security is low as I warned time and time again
He still did the right thing
Better to be a coward than a shot hero

1 Like

Re: Tuface Protest: Nigerian Democracy Fails First Real Test by Truth234(m): 8:33am On Feb 05, 2017
gabazin080:
he should learn from fela. no matter the threat he still says what he thinks about the government.

TUFACE IS NOT WORTH BEING A LEADER

Tuface is not Fela, but to think he is not a leader is wrong. He is a leader and the face of modern Nigerian music, which has given birth to some of our favourite tunes.

Go and listen to Spiritual healing, Go down there, I wanna be free etc, you will understand that Tuface has always been an activist. Maybe different kind of activist, but he is one.
Re: Tuface Protest: Nigerian Democracy Fails First Real Test by kayzat: 8:52am On Feb 05, 2017
Does that mean the opposition can't organize and stage a protest without a certain 2face helping them?

The joke is not on 2face but the shame is on PDP goons who can't organize a common protest on their own but instead they are waiting for 2face to lead, PMB to give them the go ahead, falana, Mbaka, Tunde Bakare to be their mouthpiece and Tinubu to provide money and logistics.

1 Like

Re: Tuface Protest: Nigerian Democracy Fails First Real Test by MakeADifference: 8:57am On Feb 05, 2017
Tuface isn't the culprit here. We all know those who deserve some hard knocks.
Re: Tuface Protest: Nigerian Democracy Fails First Real Test by jaybanfa(m): 8:58am On Feb 05, 2017
You cannot blame Tuface for standing down, besides it has nothing to do with him having balls or not... Clearly he is a patriot, but goin against federal might is another kettle of fish all together. Buhari isnt some nice democrat u know, coupled wit d fact that Tuface is middle aged n has a young family to look out for. You ma kukuma check am na.. E no easy....

2 Likes

Re: Tuface Protest: Nigerian Democracy Fails First Real Test by Truth234(m): 9:03am On Feb 05, 2017
jaybanfa:
You cannot blame Tuface for standing down, besides it has nothing to do with him having balls or not... Clearly he is a patriot, but goin against federal might is another kettle of fish all together. Buhari isnt some nice democrat u know, coupled wit d fact that Tuface is middle aged n has a young family to look out for. You ma kukuma check am na.. E no easy....

Nobody can blame Tuface, he did his best. But there were way too many hindrances and oppositions. Even from the oppressed that failed to see the protest is for them.
Re: Tuface Protest: Nigerian Democracy Fails First Real Test by ourema(f): 10:08am On Feb 05, 2017
The black African have a very long way to go. God if I have to come back again to this life after this one. Please don't hesitate never to make me a black man
Re: Tuface Protest: Nigerian Democracy Fails First Real Test by Beranco: 10:24am On Feb 05, 2017

1 Like

Re: Tuface Protest: Nigerian Democracy Fails First Real Test by Nobody: 10:32am On Feb 05, 2017
lytech1:

Leave tuface out of it. Join that eie protest

(1) (Reply)

Governor Okorocha – Makarfi’s Group Are ‘lawless Political Gamblers’ / We Eat Grass To Survive. Woman With 5 Children Pleads With Nigerians / Buhari Arrives Nigeria-sr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.