Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,624 members, 7,820,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Threatens Protest Over Benin-ore Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Threatens Protest Over Benin-ore Road (1906 Views)

HONOURABLE PATRICK Obahiagbon's Democracy Day Speech!!*** / Collection Of Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Grammars / Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon's Latest Joke: Big Grammer, Big Pants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Threatens Protest Over Benin-ore Road by snowdrops(m): 4:17pm On Dec 03, 2009
The lawmaker representing the Oredo federal constituency of Edo State in the House of Representatives, Patrick Obahiagbon, has threatened to lead his constituents and other Nigerians on a march to protest the deplorable state of the Lagos-Ore-Benin Road.

Mr. Obahiagbon told journalists at a press conference on Tuesday in Abuja that the road has collapsed by reason of neglect by the federal government and that, despite promises by its officials in the last two years, nothing has been done to rehabilitate the road.

An ultimatum

He gave government up to 2010 to rehabilitate the road, failing which he would mobilise for the march.

He said: "I have resolved, as the representative of the good people of Oredo federal Constituency in Edo State, who suffered a great deal on the collapsed Benin-Ore-Lagos road, to take up the gauntlet posed by the exigencies of the times to lead a crusade to compel the federal government to act expeditiously in fixing the road once and for all.

"I hereby, on this date and time, through this press conference, serve notice to the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, the Speaker of the House of Representatives and well meaning Nigerians of my resolve to lead a mass protest of my constituents and patriotic Nigerians who are daily macadamised by the macabre dance that has become the Benin-Ore-Lagos Road."

The lawmaker said the protest would make government know "that we are part of this country and that the federal government has gone to sleep on the Benin-Ore- Lagos road."

Poor budget implementation

Mr. Obahigbon stated that, as a result of the deplorable state of the road, incidences of robberies, accidents and elongated travel have become daily occurrences.

"Allison Madueke (former Transport minister) had on October 21st, 2008, when she appeared before the House of Representatives Committee on Works, blamed government inability to execute new road projects and renovate existing ones across the country on the non-passage of the 2008 Budget Amendment Bill by the National Assembly. What happened after the passage of the budget?

"In May this year, for instance, the minister of works, Dr. Hassan Muhammad Lawal announced President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua's approval of the release of N21 billion from the N140 billion budget for the ministry in the 2009 Appropriation Act for the rehabilitation of 34 roads nationwide," Mr. Obahiagbon said.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/Metro/Environment/5490654-147/story.csp
Re: Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Threatens Protest Over Benin-ore Road by Jarus(m): 4:48pm On Dec 03, 2009
snowdrops:

He gave government up to 2010 to rehabilitate the road, failing which he would mobilise for the march.

He said: "I have resolved, as the representative of the good people of Oredo federal Constituency in Edo State, who suffered a great deal on the collapsed Benin-Ore-Lagos road, to take up the gauntlet posed by the exigencies of the times to lead a crusade to compel the federal government to act expeditiously in fixing the road once and for all.

"I hereby, on this date and time, through this press conference, serve notice to the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, the Speaker of the House of Representatives and well meaning Nigerians of my resolve to lead a mass protest of my constituents and patriotic Nigerians who are daily macadamised by the macabre dance that has become the Benin-Ore-Lagos Road."

Master of bombast at it again!!!  grin
Re: Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Threatens Protest Over Benin-ore Road by otokx(m): 5:15pm On Dec 03, 2009
Why is he making so much noise?
Re: Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Threatens Protest Over Benin-ore Road by OvieE: 12:27am On Dec 04, 2009
Ask themooooooooo
Re: Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Threatens Protest Over Benin-ore Road by Nobody: 3:10am On Dec 04, 2009
everyone is having their day of fame so now the whole place must scatter.

Yaradua needs to fire every single member of his PR team for real.

Typical Nigerians- no idea how to handle a crisis or whatever it is that's going on right now.
Re: Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Threatens Protest Over Benin-ore Road by kosovo(m): 5:22am On Dec 04, 2009
lols, i doubt if those hausa men understand a bit of his statments.
sometimes cheesy has i think he has turned to basketmouth at the lower house
Re: Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Threatens Protest Over Benin-ore Road by Nobody: 9:03am On Dec 04, 2009
Where's he protesting to, !
Re: Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Threatens Protest Over Benin-ore Road by Abagworo(m): 9:17am On Dec 04, 2009
Haha!This man invents vocabs.Hope he will be the next Edo governor.
Re: Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Threatens Protest Over Benin-ore Road by FBS: 9:27am On Dec 04, 2009
FIRE! grin
Re: Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Threatens Protest Over Benin-ore Road by mbulela: 10:00am On Dec 04, 2009
all these non entities
Re: Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Threatens Protest Over Benin-ore Road by meexteriox(m): 10:51am On Dec 04, 2009
Does he intend repairing the road with all this VOCABS?
We have seen Ministers shed crocrodile tears on the same road, vowing to take action, what came out of it.

This people prefer taking flight to Benin, they have no inkling to what the poor masses go through daily on that road.

Obahiagbon should let us be, we have resigned our fate to God.
Re: Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Threatens Protest Over Benin-ore Road by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 04, 2009
Dude doesnt even pass through the road, What a sham

(1) (Reply)

Anti-jonathan Protest Claims One In Bauchi / A Muder Suspect Appointed As A Commisioner In Delta State! / My Image In N96m Bribe Video Doctored – Farouk Lawan !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.