Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,321 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

My Laptop Is Stuck On Loading Files What Can I Do? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Laptop Is Stuck On Loading Files What Can I Do? (1490 Views)

My Hp250 Is Stuck In Sleep/hibernation / Help!!!! Laptop Is Stuck On Boot Manager / Laptop Stuck On Hp Logo Welcome Screen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Laptop Is Stuck On Loading Files What Can I Do? by Loonyy(m): 9:13am On Feb 05, 2017
Good morning House, my HP 8440p laptop with Windows7 OS stopped booting. after a force shut down occasioned by low battery, I charged and on it, it prompts start Windows normally and repair systems after the count down. I didn't choose any option immediately after the count down it started showing loading files. it finished the first time and continued again but slowly the second time. bcuz of power supply it shuts down again. Since then it has stopped working even if I choose the start Windows normally option it flash a blue write up and restarts on its own. pls how can I resolve this problem. Thanchu
Re: My Laptop Is Stuck On Loading Files What Can I Do? by simplejayy(m): 9:33am On Feb 05, 2017
Loonyy:
Good morning House, my HP 8440p laptop with Windows7 OS stopped booting. after a force shut down occasioned by low battery, I charged and on it, it prompts start Windows normally and repair systems after the count down. I didn't choose any option immediately after the count down it started showing loading files. it finished the first time and continued again but slowly the second time. bcuz of power supply it shuts down again. Since then it has stopped working even if I choose the start Windows normally option it flash a blue write up and restarts on its own. pls how can I resolve this problem. Thanchu
WhatsApp me for solution. Check my signature for my contact
Re: My Laptop Is Stuck On Loading Files What Can I Do? by omoalhaji1(m): 9:56am On Feb 05, 2017
Loonyy:
. turn off ur computer power completely by shutting it down and after that I'll need to power it up again and now in the middle of ur computer start up just keep hitting the f8 key again and again until u see d advanced boot option screen. then select d first option "named repair your computer " it will take u to d system recovery option by showing window is loading files process.
Re: My Laptop Is Stuck On Loading Files What Can I Do? by Loonyy(m): 10:22am On Feb 05, 2017
omoalhaji1:
. turn off ur computer power completely by shutting it down and after that I'll need to power it up again and now in the middle of ur computer start up just keep hitting the f8 key again and again until u see d advanced boot option screen. then select d first option "named repair your computer " it will take u to d system recovery option by showing window is loading files process.
have done that and it got stuck on loading files for a long time bfor shutting down due to power failure
Re: My Laptop Is Stuck On Loading Files What Can I Do? by omoalhaji1(m): 11:15am On Feb 05, 2017
Loonyy:
have done that and it got stuck on loading files for a long time bfor shutting down due to power failure
. the problem could be related to your RAM. a bad RAM can cause unpredictable behavior in window system. u can fix d problem on ur own by reseating the ram modules in their slot before replacing them,because it might b possible that d ram is not placed in d slot properly. after veryfying d ram stick properly be still isn't working, then clean d ram or replace it with new one.
Re: My Laptop Is Stuck On Loading Files What Can I Do? by Loonyy(m): 11:26am On Feb 05, 2017
omoalhaji1:
. the problem could be related to your RAM. a bad RAM can cause unpredictable behavior in window system. u can fix d problem on ur own by reseating the ram modules in their slot before replacing them,because it might b possible that d ram is not placed in d slot properly. after veryfying d ram stick properly be still isn't working, then clean d ram or replace it with new one.
biko kwaa how can I do that?
Re: My Laptop Is Stuck On Loading Files What Can I Do? by Loonyy(m): 11:27am On Feb 05, 2017
Hi, i am unable to get my laptop to start.
When i press the power on button, it goes past the HP screen then says:-
Windows Error Recovery
Windows failed to start. a recent hardware or software change might be the cause.
If windows files have been damaged or configured incorrectly, Startup Repair can help diagnose and fix the problem. if power was interrupted during startup, choose Start Windows Normally.
You can choose:-
Launch Startup Repair (recommended)
Start Windows Normally
if you select Launch Startup Repair, you get to a black screen with a white bar at the bottom saying 'Windows is loading files...' but it just stays like that and you can't get any further. Same if you try to start windows normally.
I have tried to press F8 when starting up and have tried all the following:-
Repair your computer
Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt
Last Known Good Configuration
Directory Services Restore Mode
I either get the same result as above or a screen that says:-
Loading Windows Files
Loaded: \Windows\system32\config\system
Loaded: \Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
Loaded: \Windows\system32\hal.dll
and it says Please wait... at the bottom of the screen
I have tried booting from the Windows 7 recovery disks that i made when i got the computer. it went through a whole long process but didn't make any difference.
i also reset BIOS but no difference.
I'd really appreciate any help anyone can offer as i'm getting to a desperate state, panicking i've lost everything on my computer etc... and it's so frustrating that nothing seems to make even a little difference.
My apologies in advance if i haven't described anything very well, i'm a real computer novice. My laptop is©HP elitebook 8440p. these are efforts expended so far
Re: My Laptop Is Stuck On Loading Files What Can I Do? by omoalhaji1(m): 11:30am On Feb 05, 2017
Loonyy:
biko kwaa how can I do that?
are you in Lagos
Re: My Laptop Is Stuck On Loading Files What Can I Do? by Loonyy(m): 7:35am On Feb 13, 2017
If u don't mind loosing the files. Then av a fresh installation of the operating system. that was exactly what I did and the system is working perfectly. thanks again to everyone for your suggestions and contributions and a big Thanchu to Oga Mesh ICT solutions. you are truly the best

(1) (Reply)

In Need Of Hard Drive And Battery / USA Used Gaming HP Probook 6460b, Fast Intel Core-i5 + Dedictd Graphx -SOLD / Uk Used Compaq Laptop Swap Allow For 50k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.