Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

How To Change File Extensions - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Change File Extensions (1097 Views)

Google Chrome Under Attack: DELETE These Extensions IF You Have Them On Chrome / How To Change The Currency In Facebook Ads Manager / Yeastar N412 4 Co Pstn Lines 12 Analog Intercom Extensions 8 Sip Pbx (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Change File Extensions by emeseedith: 12:27pm On Feb 05, 2017
Hi there if you are reading this now that means you are in search for the solution to a common problem that people run into from time to time which is on how to "Change file extensions". so what are file extensions ?
File extensions are just the code word which ends a file name that tells windows or any other operating system how the file should be opened.
I suspect you already know that so let me just go straight to the point.
Operating systems such as windows tend to hide the file extensions of files from us for security purpose. lets say for example the name of a video file in your system is "sample" that is not really the full name of the file if you right click and check on properties it will show the extension which can be: ".mp4", ".avi" or so on this is the actual full name of the file so now the full name of the file is actually, lets use for example. "sample.mp4" but as i said earlier windows tend to hide this from us for security reasons. There is a way to tell windows to show the file extensions for your files and you can find a wiki article on doing that here. But there is also a console application (dont be scared with the word console application it is nothing serious) that does that for you without needing you to go deep down into your windows settings as the wiki article teaches. the console application is also very useful to use but there is also an explanation on how to use it. the app and the small detailed explanation on how to use it can be googled from this [url=https://www.google.com.ng/search?safe=active&site=&source=hp&q=change+file+extension+site%3Achangefileextension..com&oq=change+file+extension+site%3Achangefileextension..com&gs_l=hp.3...1177.17935.0.19069.62.43.0.0.0.0.953.3855.4-2j2j2.6.0....0...1c.1.64.hp..56.1.951.0..0j35i39k1j0i20k1.8SegqmK94do]link.[/url] or you can just go straight to the blogpost on Changing file extensions. Thanks.....

(1) (Reply)

Uk Used Nikon D3200 Camera With Accessories / Help , My PC Brightness Will Not Increase Nor Decrease / How To Get 6gb For N350 On Mtn Plus N1000 Free Cash From FCMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.