Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,027 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

#EIE Protest: Like Tuface, Like GEJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #EIE Protest: Like Tuface, Like GEJ (486 Views)

The Protest Will Still Go On Without 2baba -EIE / The Protest Will Go On As Planned - Eie Nigeria / We Are Also Speaking To YOU; EIE Replies Fayose On Plans To Join Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#EIE Protest: Like Tuface, Like GEJ by nenergy(m): 4:40pm On Feb 05, 2017
On Tuface Backing Down From The Planned Protest:

Tuface said; "The point I am trying to make isn’t worth the life of any Nigerian" and GEJ said; "My (political) ambition is not worth the blood of any Nigerian". Yet GEJ is a hero and Tuface is a coward? Very hypocritical.

I see a lot of people saying Tuface lacks "balls". I laugh! Double leather or felele?

Tuface is wise to backdown (remove his name) from the protest because he will be held liable if violence erupts or crime is perpetrated during the protest.

During the 2012 fuel subsidy protest (which i was apart of) I witnessed harassment and theft by miscreants within the protesters. So the " security concerns" raised by the police are real.

As far as am concerned, Tuface has PROTESTED WITHOUT PROTESTING. He has been able to stir up national discuss about our economic problems and has successfully drawn the attention of the government to the fact that the people aren't happy with the status quo. Aren't these the exact purpose of the protest?

So kudos to Tuface for the courage to stake his name/brand for a much needed protest creating amazing awareness and the wisdom to heed his mother's wise counsel and avoid becoming a convict due to the possible actions of miscreants.

Finally those calling the #EnoughIsEnough protest a PDP protest aren't being sincere. That's like calling the #TrumpBan protest in the US a democrats protest.

We don't need to wait for 2019 to do evaluation, the President Buhari led government need to show quarterly working because it seems we're digging ourselves further into a pit.

If you discovered you've dug yourselves into a pit, first thing to do is to stop digging.

Nigeria is in a pit and we're still digging.

#WhichWayNigeria

1 Like

Re: #EIE Protest: Like Tuface, Like GEJ by ybilad(m): 4:46pm On Feb 05, 2017
I like d speech of d new Ohaneze Ndigbo President. Pls read objectively.

In my own opinion, d enemy of Ndigbo is Ndigbo itself. I remember a time in this country when all d 6 ministers in Jonathan's kitchen cabinet were all Igbo's. Ayim Pius Ayim was SGF, Ngozi Okonjo Iwealla was in charge finance, Emeka Wogu was in Labour and productivity, Berth Nnaji was in Power and Energy, Dieziani Madueke was d powerful minister for oil. The 6 of them outside d Federal Executive Council would meet and decide what and what not to be discussed at d larger FEC. Whatever they decided would eventually be d position of government. In 6 years, this was d situation. Okiro and Onovo had d police under their control. Ihejerika and later Minimah controlled d Army. These powerful Igbo's could do and undo. Nigeria was in their pockets.
Rather than care about d poor Igbo chaps scattered all over d country, they were busy diverting billions of naira into their accounts at home and abroad. D 2nd Niger Bridge, they didn't do. They shared d money. The Lagos/Calabar rail lines passing through 9 States, 3 of them in d SE, they were not bothered. They refused to pay d Chinese d Counter part fund. They shared d money. Enugu/Onitsha, Aba/PH and other roads of economic importance to their fellow Igbo's, they abandoned.

Who is to blame? Who is marginalising d Igbo's?

You had your chance, you bungled it. There was only 1 Yoruba minister worth mentioning at d time, Akinwunmi Adesina. He was in Agric. His budget was less than 1% while Emeka Wogu in Labor had over 10% for his ministry, Ayim had unlimited access to d treasury for d benefit of himself and family members. The poor Igbo guys meant nothing to him. If an Igbo becomes President tomorrow after Jonathan, will there be any difference? The Igbo man will marginalise his fellow Igbo people.
Re: #EIE Protest: Like Tuface, Like GEJ by leofab(f): 5:01pm On Feb 05, 2017
Twoface want to be like Obasanjo while Idris wants to be like Fela.. shame on 2-face and where is Idris my man?

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians In The United Kingdom Have Joined The Ongoing National Protests Curren / ALERT: Muslim Brotherhood In Kogi ‘plotting Terror Attacks / A MUST WATCH: Most Vulnerable Nigerians: The Legacy Of The Asaba Massacres

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.