Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,247 members, 7,815,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

Front Wheel Issue On Toyota Corrola - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Front Wheel Issue On Toyota Corrola (2804 Views)

See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car / Little Vibration From Right Front Wheel -- '05 EOD / Meet Bisi Ezerioha, Builder Of The Fastest Carburetor Front-Wheel Car On Earth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Front Wheel Issue On Toyota Corrola by Flav(m): 6:58pm On Feb 05, 2017
Hello People, Please an advise on this. I use Corolla 2006 model bank type. Whenever I am driving on a rough road a hear wobbling noise (if there is an English word like that) on my front wheels. I have changed the shocks twice with brand new ones and tokunbo ones. The moose still persists. Lately, I was advised to change the spring of the shock alone, which I did, but it didn't solve the problem. I still hear the noise on the rough road. The mechanics, have changed virtually every rubber or bearing, discs and tyrods on the front wheels but no solution. Please what is causing it and how can it be resolved.
Re: Front Wheel Issue On Toyota Corrola by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:13pm On Feb 05, 2017
Flav:
Hello People, Please an advise on this. I use Corolla 2006 model bank type. Whenever I am driving on a rough road a hear wobbling noise (if there is an English word like that) on my front wheels. I have changed the shocks twice with brand new ones and tokunbo ones. The moose still persists. Lately, I was advised to change the spring of the shock alone, which I did, but it didn't solve the problem. I still hear the noise on the rough road. The mechanics, have changed virtually every rubber or bearing, discs and tyrods on the front wheels but no solution. Please what is causing it and how can it be resolved.

the only thing we can do here is guess. If you in lagos bring it for a diagnosis I will tell you what it is. Diagnosis will be free, and this offer will expire Feb 14th 2017

3 Likes

Re: Front Wheel Issue On Toyota Corrola by Flav(m): 7:21pm On Feb 05, 2017
I am in PH. But can you drop your address and number. Here is my email ccawaibe@gmail.com. Let me see if I can bring it on one of my trips to Lagos.
Re: Front Wheel Issue On Toyota Corrola by divinehand2003(m): 8:26pm On Feb 05, 2017
Did you check the brake disc
Re: Front Wheel Issue On Toyota Corrola by Flav(m): 8:47pm On Feb 05, 2017
When I asked the mechanic to change the disc, he said the discs in th car are ok and that the disc doesn't make that kind of noise.
Re: Front Wheel Issue On Toyota Corrola by Flav(m): 8:56pm On Feb 05, 2017
divinehand2003:
Did you check the brake disc

Do you think the brake disc might be causing that kind of noise. Also have you experienced it before.
Re: Front Wheel Issue On Toyota Corrola by divinehand2003(m): 2:08am On Feb 06, 2017
Flav:

Do you think the brake disc might be causing that kind of noise. Also have you experienced it before.

Mine was due to an already eroded brake disc which finished the brake pad on the front left wheels faster than the right side. The disc started to wobble in the absence of good grips.
When the disc was removed, I saw that its inner surface was unevenly eroded.
Re: Front Wheel Issue On Toyota Corrola by Valvin: 6:52am On Feb 07, 2017
Have u tried changing d hub... I had same issue and was resolved by changing d both side of d hub...

1 Like

Re: Front Wheel Issue On Toyota Corrola by bdek(m): 9:05am On Feb 15, 2017
Check the inner cup that attached to the gear box,if the grease is dry up if not check the clutch plate ,i have 2 of this car and i have experience this before.
Re: Front Wheel Issue On Toyota Corrola by TRAY2(m): 6:41am On Feb 16, 2017
I also had same xperience, also suffered and spent a lot in the hands of Kazeems, not until Gazzuzz came to my rescue, I think tha's the peculiar problem of this car.
Re: Front Wheel Issue On Toyota Corrola by Inception(m): 11:20am On Feb 16, 2017
TRAY2:
I also had same xperience, also suffered and spent a lot in the hands of Kazeems, not until Gazzuzz came to my rescue, I think tha's the peculiar problem of this car.
What did Gazzuzz do to solve the problem?
Re: Front Wheel Issue On Toyota Corrola by bozz007(m): 3:55pm On Feb 16, 2017
Having thesame issue with my matrix 2009 too. Just replaced the shocks and shaft cup and even linkage but still getting it
Re: Front Wheel Issue On Toyota Corrola by bdek(m): 2:40pm On Nov 06, 2017
check the caliper,the rod that hold piston or change the calipers ,that is where the noise comes from . wink smiley smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Front Wheel Issue On Toyota Corrola by oluseg2: 6:49pm On Nov 07, 2017
bdek:
check the caliper,the rod that hold piston or change the calipers ,that is where the noise comes from . wink smiley smiley smiley smiley
You are correct. The caliper that holds the brake pad. It could be that the plate in the caliper is loose.
Re: Front Wheel Issue On Toyota Corrola by istephen(m): 9:00am On Nov 10, 2017
Had the same problem on my car. I thought the weight on my ultra wheels is loose, but the mechanic told me that the culprit is the wheel hub. He fixed it and the weird noise is gone.
Re: Front Wheel Issue On Toyota Corrola by AFONAMARO: 6:08pm On Nov 11, 2017
Had same issue with my 06 Corolla. Changed the front shocks and stabluzer linkage, noise disappeared.

Since you are in ph, try koya autotec as if you are going to Abuloma

(1) (Reply)

1997 Audi A4 (b5) Manual In English / Low Mileage Discussion Thread. / I Have A Problem With My KIA Cerato

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.