Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,596 members, 7,816,480 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Nigerian Youths, Can We Form A Party And Take Back Our Country? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Youths, Can We Form A Party And Take Back Our Country? (1126 Views)

Nigerian Youths Can Vote On Bbnaija But Most Don't Even Have PVC / How Youths Can Influence The Government Using Social Media / "Form A Political Party And Push Your Agenda" - APC Tells IPOB, MASSOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Youths, Can We Form A Party And Take Back Our Country? by DrOkoroafor(m): 10:08pm On Feb 05, 2017
I think the youths should come together to form a political party, then nominate a credible young person who has been in politics for a period of time as our presidential candidate.

We then unite and employ the youths of this country to support him. If this person eventually wins, he will choose his own ministers(which will consist of youths)
Advisers
And etc. . .

I think we can start from there to make a change and give the "leaders of tomorrow" the opportunity to eventually lead.

I already have a credible candidate in mind.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Youths, Can We Form A Party And Take Back Our Country? by Flexherbal(m): 10:10pm On Feb 05, 2017
Who do you have in mind?
Re: Nigerian Youths, Can We Form A Party And Take Back Our Country? by DrOkoroafor(m): 10:12pm On Feb 05, 2017
Flexherbal:
Who do you have in mind?
Desmond Elliot.
Re: Nigerian Youths, Can We Form A Party And Take Back Our Country? by DrOkoroafor(m): 10:14pm On Feb 05, 2017
Lalasticlala, can you feature this thread on the front page and let's see if this can be possible?
Re: Nigerian Youths, Can We Form A Party And Take Back Our Country? by SaulRazor: 10:15pm On Feb 05, 2017
DrOkoroafor:
Desmond Elliot.

Desmond Eliot is not a visionary

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Youths, Can We Form A Party And Take Back Our Country? by bishop4life(m): 10:16pm On Feb 05, 2017
this is one of the sane political suggestion I ever read on nairaland,not those idiats shouting atiku and Co 2019. sadly it will die just like that.
Re: Nigerian Youths, Can We Form A Party And Take Back Our Country? by auntysimbiat(f): 10:21pm On Feb 05, 2017
y not
Re: Nigerian Youths, Can We Form A Party And Take Back Our Country? by Ahmadgani(m): 10:21pm On Feb 05, 2017
It's the only and surest way to wrestle power from the hands of these pharoahs.

We tried it in my LGA and it worked. People above 40 do not dare to contest for elective posts because it always result to one outcome for them which is FAILURE
Re: Nigerian Youths, Can We Form A Party And Take Back Our Country? by DrOkoroafor(m): 10:22pm On Feb 05, 2017
SaulRazor:

Desmond Eliot is not a visionary
Why do you think so?

Maybe you think so because he has not yet stood up for a movement? Well, I think the young man is just waiting for the right time to act. Don't forget he is a young politician in a game with old political bullies. He needs to get poked by the people for him to wake up. I think he has potentials.

But I wouldn't mind knowing who you got in mind for this position?
Re: Nigerian Youths, Can We Form A Party And Take Back Our Country? by DrOkoroafor(m): 10:32pm On Feb 05, 2017
Ahmadgani:
It's the only and surest way to wrestle power from the hands of these pharoahs.

We tried it in my LGA and it worked. People above 40 do not dare to contest for elective posts because it always result to one outcome for them which is FAILURE
Good news.

Great minds should join this conversation and let's see what you think.

Please guys, help tag the great minds on this section to this thread.
Re: Nigerian Youths, Can We Form A Party And Take Back Our Country? by Great193(m): 10:51pm On Feb 05, 2017
The party just got an approval from CAC and now they are ready to go public, NYM's first convension is gonna be by March in Lagos, as I told you earlier, if you have interest feel free to follow up.

Thank you
Re: Nigerian Youths, Can We Form A Party And Take Back Our Country? by DrOkoroafor(m): 11:08pm On Feb 05, 2017
Great193:
The party just got an approval from CAC and now they are ready to go public, NYM's first convension is gonna be by March in Lagos, as I told you earlier, if you have interest feel free to follow up.

Thank you
Where or how can I follow them up?

I don't do WhatsApp and I don't give out my number.

They should go public and give us details. Some of us are really hungry for a youth party. But we must be wise.
Re: Nigerian Youths, Can We Form A Party And Take Back Our Country? by dingbang(m): 11:15pm On Feb 05, 2017
A wise step...drokoroafor my warm greetings to you sir..
Re: Nigerian Youths, Can We Form A Party And Take Back Our Country? by jaymejate: 11:20pm On Feb 05, 2017
It's a good and a welcome idea.

But , this is Nigeria o... Pdp back then was hijacked. APC was hijacked also.
Now, the youth, we love money, no lies. We can easily be hijacked and used. Don't forget, these thieves we want to contend with have been in this for like forever. Ponder on these
Re: Nigerian Youths, Can We Form A Party And Take Back Our Country? by dingbang(m): 11:26pm On Feb 05, 2017
jaymejate:
It's a good and a welcome idea.

But , this is Nigeria o... Pdp back then was hijacked. APC was hijacked also.
Now, the youth, we love money, no lies. We can easily be hijacked and used. Don't forget, these thieves we want to contend with have been in this for like forever. Ponder on these
if we continue to settle for pessimism, we will never get Nigeria out of what we wished it to be. Aren't we tired of shouting the youths are the leaders of tomorrow?
Re: Nigerian Youths, Can We Form A Party And Take Back Our Country? by limeta(f): 11:28pm On Feb 05, 2017
Is too late to form party is time to form country.
Re: Nigerian Youths, Can We Form A Party And Take Back Our Country? by dingbang(m): 11:31pm On Feb 05, 2017
limeta:
please let's change such mindset... Forming a country isn't the problem, but the mindset of the people leading and following.. We have to set our priorities right if we need progress in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Youths, Can We Form A Party And Take Back Our Country? by simplemusic(m): 11:31pm On Feb 05, 2017
let me first start by laughing
hahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhqhahahahahhagagagagagahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahaahahahahahagagaaagagaahahhagagagagaagagagagagahahhaahagagagagagaga hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
the nigerian youth is not yet ready to be free,don't get me wrong,we will soon be free but first certain things must happen.
Re: Nigerian Youths, Can We Form A Party And Take Back Our Country? by limeta(f): 11:33pm On Feb 05, 2017
dingbang:
please let's change such mindset... Forming a country isn't the problem, but the mindset of the people leading and following.. We have to set our priorities right if we need progress in Nigeria.

Na only you go dey the nigeria
Re: Nigerian Youths, Can We Form A Party And Take Back Our Country? by viki84(m): 11:35pm On Feb 05, 2017
limeta:
Babe You Just Spoke My Mind
Re: Nigerian Youths, Can We Form A Party And Take Back Our Country? by Great193(m): 11:35pm On Feb 05, 2017
DrOkoroafor:
Who are the people forming the party? Why have they not yet publicized their intentions via the media?

If a party must be created to remove another party from power, it needs loud publicity and seriousness. They can't be a party about to be created and I'm just hearing or reading about it now, and you expect me to take them seriously?

This is not child's play.

Please I stated earlier that the political party just got an approval from CAC to hold a national convention and go to the media for publicity, else they were not allowed to.....
As to who are the sponsors of the party, no body is sponsoring this political party, you and I are making the party great, the reason for not allowing external bodies flood in is because, we don't won't this same set of retirees to come in use money and cause confusion amongst us, we want to use our sweat, strength and understanding as youths of this nation to bring the desired change Nigerians have been longing for to reality.

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Youths, Can We Form A Party And Take Back Our Country? by dingbang(m): 11:42pm On Feb 05, 2017
limeta:

Na only you go dey the nigeria
lmao...oh cmon... If na only me go dey Nigeria, e go better...
Re: Nigerian Youths, Can We Form A Party And Take Back Our Country? by limeta(f): 11:43pm On Feb 05, 2017
dingbang:
lmao...oh cmon... If na only me go dey Nigeria, e go better...

It will kill you is out of date bin it
Re: Nigerian Youths, Can We Form A Party And Take Back Our Country? by dingbang(m): 11:45pm On Feb 05, 2017
limeta:

It will kill you is out of date bin it
I don't understand
Re: Nigerian Youths, Can We Form A Party And Take Back Our Country? by DrOkoroafor(m): 8:44am On Feb 06, 2017
Great193:

Please I stated earlier that the political party just got an approval from CAC to hold a national convention and go to the media for publicity, else they were not allowed to.....
As to who are the sponsors of the party, no body is sponsoring this political party, you and I are making the party great, the reason for not allowing external bodies flood in is because, we don't won't this same set of retirees to come in use money and cause confusion amongst us, we want to use our sweat, strength and understanding as youths of this nation to bring the desired change Nigerians have been longing for to reality.

Thanks
Alright then.
Re: Nigerian Youths, Can We Form A Party And Take Back Our Country? by guttentag(m): 9:17am On Feb 06, 2017
Please let us actualize this Goal, we are tired of all those Old vampires misleading us
Re: Nigerian Youths, Can We Form A Party And Take Back Our Country? by kingkoboko: 4:19pm On Nov 04, 2020
Greatest Nigerian youths!
Greatest gbaa gbaa!
King kObOkO dey hail all of una o!

I've seen digital logos and posters of a proposed YOUTH DEMOCRATIC PARTY (YDP) floating everywhere online. It has now evolved into the proposed Youth Democratic Party of Nigeria (YDPN) and the proposed Nigerian Youth Democratic Party (NYDP). Facebook pages, WhatsApp groups and Telegram channels have been formed and we are joining and following.

While I love the energy, I have two questions:
1. Do we actually need to form a new political party?
2. Have we forgotten that INEC recently deregistered 74 political parties out of the previously existing 91 political parties?

For me King kObOkO, I don't think we need a new political party o! There are already 18 political parties at the moment that we can easily choose from. Check INEC website on https://www.inecnigeria.org/political-parties/ to see the full list by yourself.

Besides, I think it would be naive and foolish for us to leave the two main political parties for the old cargoes just to go and form another new political party.

E no go bad if na youths youths youths full the the ruling party, the opposition party and the third-force political party na. Why don't we flood the APC, PDP and "any other third-force political party we choose" before the end of 2021, do massive mobilization throughout 2022 and then take over in 2023? Abi how una see am abeg?

(1) (Reply)

Dino Melaye With His Parents & Mike Idoko During His Convocation At ABU Zaria / $43m/sgf Probe: Oke To Storm Panel With Video, Memo Tomorrow / What's Buhari's Real Age?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.