Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,391 members, 7,819,402 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Nairaland Has Dumped Google Adsense? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nairaland Has Dumped Google Adsense? (2398 Views)

Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. / Nairaland Has Been Hacked, Our Engineers Need To Act Fast Before It Goes Down! / Google Adsense On Nairaland Has Quit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Nairaland Has Dumped Google Adsense? by abhosts(m): 9:27pm On Dec 03, 2009
The only revenue stream of this Forum appears to have been removed. Where did all the google adds go? Is the owner having a running battle with google or is he planning to diversify? This should be a cause of concern to anyone that uses this forum.

Any Answers?
Re: Nairaland Has Dumped Google Adsense? by yawatide(f): 10:08pm On Dec 03, 2009
no offense but wetin concern bird with toothbrush grin

I just now noticed the lack of ads. Out of curiosity, unless the forum would be shut down permanently (and I don't see that happening) why would it be a cause for concern?

I guess time will tell
Re: Nairaland Has Dumped Google Adsense? by DualCore1: 11:55am On Dec 04, 2009
yawa-ti-de:

It concerns some of us though. When on this very board I see my ads running almost all the time.
Re: Nairaland Has Dumped Google Adsense? by yawatide(f): 12:07pm On Dec 04, 2009
your personal (company or otherwise) ads or your google ads? If the latter, then I need to roll with you cos you are on bucks wink
Re: Nairaland Has Dumped Google Adsense? by DualCore1: 12:14pm On Dec 04, 2009
I mean I see ads of my company on nairaland's google ads locations. lol
Re: Nairaland Has Dumped Google Adsense? by abhosts(m): 12:20pm On Dec 04, 2009
yawa-ti-de:

I just now noticed the lack of ads.  Out of curiosity, unless the forum would be shut down permanently (and I don't see that happening) why would it be a cause for concern?  

I guess time will tell

Typical Nigerian response. I guess you think that Nairaland is hosted on a $5 per month unlimited hosting plan. angry Well the reality is that keeping a site like this online costs hundreds of dollars monthly; so how could you feel all is well when the only source of funding for the site appears to be embroiled with some issues?
Re: Nairaland Has Dumped Google Adsense? by mrperfect(m): 1:21pm On Dec 04, 2009
You are really observant.
Re: Nairaland Has Dumped Google Adsense? by mambenanje(m): 2:47pm On Dec 04, 2009
yeah the poster is really observant, how could he notice that. I barely notice the ads and I guess a lot of users barely notice them hence the reason the ads should be taken off.
If Seun is working on ways to engage Nigerian business men to buy space on this site, then he is beginning to understand a lot of things. I remember arguing with him that he could do better asking Nigerian businesses like Glo, Etisalat, GTBank, Zenith, etc buy ads directly from him with his own solution that might revert to adsense when he has not ad in the space and he sent me to Adwords wink
time is the best teacher +1
Re: Nairaland Has Dumped Google Adsense? by yawatide(f): 3:33pm On Dec 04, 2009
Typical Nigerian response. I guess you think that Nairaland is hosted on a $5 per month unlimited hosting plan. Angry Well the reality is that keeping a site like this online costs hundreds of dollars monthly; so how could you feel all is well when the only source of funding for the site appears to be embroiled with some issues?

Typical Nigerian response too - why are you making assumptions? I have done my homework and know how much is paid per month and no, it isn't $5 per month.

Any how, my question still stands. As I said, I don't see it shutting down permanently so my comments don't apply.
Re: Nairaland Has Dumped Google Adsense? by yawatide(f): 4:31pm On Dec 04, 2009
Update:
The mods have an emergency meeting to discuss this. It turns out google is complaining about "vulgar" words on nairaland. Of course, if you are like me, you immediately target the sexuality, love and romance boards and kill them off but it's not my site and I believe in democracy so we are discussing other ways to deal with the issue.

I will keep you all posted.
Re: Nairaland Has Dumped Google Adsense? by DualCore1: 6:34pm On Dec 04, 2009
Greet seun for us cheesy
Re: Nairaland Has Dumped Google Adsense? by chux11: 8:24pm On Dec 04, 2009
or adsense has dumped nairaland? Whicheva way, we still want those ads programmes, they lead us to interestin sites and all. grin
Re: Nairaland Has Dumped Google Adsense? by sayhi2ay(m): 8:30pm On Dec 04, 2009
abhosts:

Typical Nigerian response. I guess you think that Nairaland is hosted on a $5 per month unlimited hosting plan. angry Well the reality is that keeping a site like this online costs hundreds of dollars monthly; so how could you feel all is well when the only source of funding for the site appears to be embroiled with some issues?

costs hundreds of dollars monthly you de buy oracle shares?
Re: Nairaland Has Dumped Google Adsense? by Emotivator(m): 7:59pm On Dec 05, 2009
I think the problem is with the recent update of the SMF MOD. All that needs to be done by Nairaland owner to bring them back "if he wants" is remove the mod from his server and reinstall it them generate the code back

As for the hosting paln, that wouldn't cost upto 100s of doallars as stated by someone here
Re: Nairaland Has Dumped Google Adsense? by DualCore1: 8:42pm On Dec 05, 2009
Emotivator:

I think the problem is with the recent update of the SMF MOD. All that needs to be done by Nairaland owner to bring them back "if he wants" is remove the mod from his server and reinstall it them generate the code back

A moderator has told us what the problem is.
Re: Nairaland Has Dumped Google Adsense? by mamagee3(f): 8:49pm On Dec 05, 2009
They dropped Google and put in Yahoo
I'm so angry right now
Google was better
. tongue
Re: Nairaland Has Dumped Google Adsense? by sexyZee(f): 9:19pm On Dec 05, 2009
nairaland is fucccccccccccccked his diccck dey shrink, hiss
Re: Nairaland Has Dumped Google Adsense? by abhosts(m): 9:35pm On Dec 05, 2009
sexyZee:

nairaland is fucccccccccccccked his diccck dey shrink, hiss

It is the use of your kind of language that created the adsense problem in the first place.
Re: Nairaland Has Dumped Google Adsense? by sexyZee(f): 9:45pm On Dec 05, 2009
yeap im gannna use it again and again, if dey tink d changes got a solution to it.
Re: Nairaland Has Dumped Google Adsense? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 06, 2009
sexyZee:

yeap im gannna use it again and again, if dey tink d changes got a solution to it.
i am surprised to see you on this board. By now, i am expecting a change of heart
Re: Nairaland Has Dumped Google Adsense? by yawatide(f): 1:02pm On Dec 06, 2009
sexyGee:

As "sexy" as your "zee" might be, I can't speak same for your language (reference posts #16 and #18). 

Please mind your language
Re: Nairaland Has Dumped Google Adsense? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 06, 2009
abhosts:

It is the use of your kind of language that created the adsense problem in the first place.

Very true.
Re: Nairaland Has Dumped Google Adsense? by sexyZee(f): 3:22pm On Dec 06, 2009
*dhtml:

i am surprised to see you on this board. By now, i am expecting a change of heart
shocked
kip da mouth opened, jus dont swallow a fly grin grin

yawa-ti-de:

sexyGee:

As "sexy" as your "zee" might be, I can't speak same for your language (reference posts #16 and #18). 

Please mind your language

tongue tongue d best u can do is to get me banned wink cos dat is wat moderators are gud at. n i cud sense dat from ur name.
Re: Nairaland Has Dumped Google Adsense? by DualCore1: 5:11pm On Dec 06, 2009
Did someone close the Romance section's gates? how did html misfits get past this section's gates?
Re: Nairaland Has Dumped Google Adsense? by sexyZee(f): 6:21pm On Dec 06, 2009
^^^lame

@dual hard core

,  na wetin u no 4 html?wey dey make u api ,  nawa oo, dis "moderation" tin dey mak loser tink dey can talk poo wif jus anybodi
Re: Nairaland Has Dumped Google Adsense? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 06, 2009
sexyZee:

^^^lame

@dual hard core

,  na wetin u no 4 html?wey dey make u api ,  nawa oo, dis "moderation" tin dey mak loser tink dey can talk poo wif jus anybodi

oya, i command you to c.um back to sexuality board now!
Re: Nairaland Has Dumped Google Adsense? by DualCore1: 6:53pm On Dec 06, 2009
sexyZee:

^^^lame

@dual hard core

Dont be fooled. Check around Nairaland, you dont see my name as a Moderator anywhere. If you think having a mod rank has anything to do with how i talk, think again and this time, slowly. Before Moderation Dual Core was, after Moderation Dual Core remains. Dont even start cuz u'll only be tapping on the outta core, nothing gets past that as far as nairaland is concerned. Its always gon be DC running on 2 cores u can't touch but can only see. Now getcha sassy assz outta here.

For the records, its "Dual Core" not "Hard Core". Keep your dirty stuff.
Re: Nairaland Has Dumped Google Adsense? by sexyZee(f): 7:34pm On Dec 06, 2009
Dont be fooled. Check around Nairaland, you dont see my name as a Moderator anywhere. If you think having a mod rank has anything to do with how i talk, think again and this time, slowly. Before Moderation Dual Core was, after Moderation Dual Core remains. Dont even start cuz u'll only be tapping on the outta core, nothing gets past that as far as nairaland is concerned. Its always gon be DC running on 2 cores u can't touch but can only see. Now getcha sassy assz outta here.

For the records, its "Dual Core" not "Hard Core". Keep your dirty stuff.

@hardcore
tell me do i luk like i give a Bleep abt dumb trashy CORE talk, n u so pissed i abt ma post on here u cud kiss ma black dog asss for all i kia, n i leave no where for nobody, u wud rada bounce tongue
Re: Nairaland Has Dumped Google Adsense? by DualCore1: 7:45pm On Dec 06, 2009
sassy talking trash and i'm like. . .

your shnitz dont belong here, take 'em back to the Romance and Sexuality gutterz.
Re: Nairaland Has Dumped Google Adsense? by Onos55: 7:59pm On Dec 06, 2009
shocked Wow!
Re: Nairaland Has Dumped Google Adsense? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 06, 2009
Dual Core:

sassy talking trash and i'm like. . .

your shnitz dont belong here, take 'em back to the Romance and Sexuality gutterz.
hey leave my friend alone o dc.

sexyZee:

@hardcore
tell me do i luk like i give a Bleep abt dumb trashy CORE talk, n u so pissed i abt ma post on here u cud kiss ma black dog asss for all i kia, n i leave no where for nobody, u wud rada bounce tongue
Relax already!
Re: Nairaland Has Dumped Google Adsense? by DualCore1: 8:39pm On Dec 06, 2009
*dhtml:

hey leave my friend alone o dc.

I never touch am yet. How she take enter here to start to talk crap, I no know.
Tie her rope carry her go her base cuz if she wan stay here do anyhow, she go paralyze anyhow.
---------------------
Sup, did you just get back?

(1) (2)

I Need Facebook Accounts... / How Many Active Bloggers Are In Nigeria? / Hello guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.