Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,663 members, 7,851,260 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:01 PM

Magic Glasses Help Blind Man See Wife And Son For The First Time.(pics) video - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Magic Glasses Help Blind Man See Wife And Son For The First Time.(pics) video (872 Views)

Met My Son For The First Time Today - Photos / Mother Beats Her Son For Playing Bet9ja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Magic Glasses Help Blind Man See Wife And Son For The First Time.(pics) video by olamy2000(m): 2:51am On Feb 06, 2017
Gene’s suffers from a degenerative eye condition and has never seen his wife and son. But then an electronic glasses did the trick and changed Gene’s life for ever.
Gene suffers from Stargardt disease, a degenerative eye condition that slowly takes away vision after it starts in adolescence. Those with the disease get their central vision blurred and thus are unable to see central features like faces etc.
Gene like was thus cooking and spending time with his wife and one-year-old son but he wasn’t able to see their faces.
His wife, Joy saw an episode of Rachael Ray show in which a woman with Stargardt disease was helped to see her family through an electronic glasses. Joy wrote an emotional appeal to Rachael and sought help.
Rachael Ray responded kindly and brought Gene and Joy to the show – so that Gene can see his family. “I’m very excited about this. I don’t think there are words for the moment that I first see my family,” Gene told Rachael Ray’s show before the electronic glasses was put on him.
An expert from e-sight that has helped develop the technology was at the show to help put the magic glasses on Gene. And the first person he saw was obviously his wife who was all teary when he said, “She’s pretty. I can see her whole face in one time. Right! Usually I just piece the details together and remember for next time."
Gene could see faces in the audience as well. His parents present on the show were also called on the stage and were delighted that their son could see them.

e-sight donated the glasses worth $15000 to Gene and his family.

Re: Magic Glasses Help Blind Man See Wife And Son For The First Time.(pics) video by olamy2000(m): 2:58am On Feb 06, 2017
olamy2000:

Gene’s suffers from a degenerative eye condition and has never seen his wife and son. But then an electronic glasses did the trick and changed Gene’s life for ever.
Gene suffers from Stargardt disease, a degenerative eye condition that slowly takes away vision after it starts in adolescence. Those with the disease get their central vision blurred and thus are unable to see central features like faces etc.
Gene like was thus cooking and spending time with his wife and one-year-old son but he wasn’t able to see their faces.
His wife, Joy saw an episode of Rachael Ray show in which a woman with Stargardt disease was helped to see her family through an electronic glasses. Joy wrote an emotional appeal to Rachael and sought help.
Rachael Ray responded kindly and brought Gene and Joy to the show – so that Gene can see his family. “I’m very excited about this. I don’t think there are words for the moment that I first see my family,” Gene told Rachael Ray’s show before the electronic glasses was put on him.
An expert from e-sight that has helped develop the technology was at the show to help put the magic glasses on Gene. And the first person he saw was obviously his wife who was all teary when he said, “She’s pretty. I can see her whole face in one time. Right! Usually I just piece the details together and remember for next time."
Gene could see faces in the audience as well. His parents present on the show were also called on the stage and were delighted that their son could see them.

e-sight donated the glasses worth $15000 to Gene and his family.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_4IdXBi8Ik

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Babies Smile When They Sleep? / SOS: I Want To See My Son Victor Igbe,again- An 82 Years Old Mother's Dying Wish / Help A Bitter Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.