Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

All Governors Summoned To Abuja For Emergency Meeting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / All Governors Summoned To Abuja For Emergency Meeting (1163 Views)

PDP Governors Hold Emergency Meeting Over Wike’s Removal / Saraki To VP: "I Cannot Be Summoned By A 'Mere Commissioner" - SaharaReporters / APC Crisis: Governors Call Emergency Meeting As Osinbajo Meets Reps-elect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All Governors Summoned To Abuja For Emergency Meeting by nduchucks: 9:46pm On Dec 03, 2009
e be like say some ting major go soon happen.  reliable sources tell me say all 36 governors dey for emergency meeting for abuja now now.  security is tightened.  make i add say, dem no mention de meeting for 9 o'clock news, but dat no mean say meeting no dey in progress.

anyone fit confirm?
Re: All Governors Summoned To Abuja For Emergency Meeting by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 03, 2009
ha ha shehu you never know wetin dey happen? i sorry for you.
Re: All Governors Summoned To Abuja For Emergency Meeting by jaso1(m): 11:13pm On Dec 03, 2009
I also notice strange helicopterta flight ds night and i hope is 4 better.
Re: All Governors Summoned To Abuja For Emergency Meeting by naijaking1: 11:16pm On Dec 03, 2009
Maybe some fool has planned a coup.
Re: All Governors Summoned To Abuja For Emergency Meeting by tarano: 11:58pm On Dec 03, 2009
It's about time, A president away from the country for 10days and that's okay. Nigerians it's not okay. Our president is sick, we don't need a sick president.
Re: All Governors Summoned To Abuja For Emergency Meeting by MrCrackles(m): 12:04am On Dec 04, 2009
This is some serious shitzo. . . . . shocked
Re: All Governors Summoned To Abuja For Emergency Meeting by kaiki: 12:28am On Dec 04, 2009
if they finished their meeting, they should tell us when our president will come back to the country cool cool
Re: All Governors Summoned To Abuja For Emergency Meeting by nduchucks: 12:08pm On Dec 04, 2009
df2006:

ha ha shehu you never know wetin dey happen? i sorry for you.

i know say you dey wish to write obituary for nigeria, but i assure you say our dear country go dey intact long after una aspirations don expire. dey there dey laugh.  de meeting indeed took place as reported in punch dis morning, olodo.

de full tory dey for punch: http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200912045194826

Amidst growing confusion on the true state of health of President Umaru Yar’Adua, state governors held an emergency meeting on Thursday night in Abuja ahead of today’s National Economic Council conference at the Presidential Villa.

Edo State Governor Adams Oshiomhole, who was one of the 20 governors and two deputy governors in attendance, told journalists that the discussion on Thursday was a “one-agenda meeting.”

But the governors rejected the proposal to consider Vice-President Goodluck Jonathan as an Acting President in Yar’Adua’s absence in line with section 145 of the constitution.

Instead, the governors decided after about three hours to express support for Yar’Adua’s presidency, even while he is still indisposed.

Instead, the governors decided after about three hours to express support for Yar’Adua’s presidency, even while he is still indisposed.

one of de attendees tell reporters say  “Some of us supported the idea but the majority opposed it on the grounds that the President was not incapacitated and unable to continue to carry out the functions of his office

(1) (Reply)

Gov Akpabio Raises Alarm Over The Use Of His Phone 08075707... By Opposition / John Togo, Goodluck's Brother, Blown Pipeline / Alimosho Needs More Public Schools And Good Roads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.