Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,161 members, 7,811,352 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:58 AM

Winners Chapel Member Commits Suicide In Benin Church - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Winners Chapel Member Commits Suicide In Benin Church (25957 Views)

Winners Chapel Donates Ambulance And Ventilators To NCDC In Abuja / Winners Chapel Members' Houses In Oyedepo's Canaancity / Winners Chapel Liberation Center In Texas: Video Of Multi Million Dollar Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Winners Chapel Member Commits Suicide In Benin Church by fatiaforreal: 9:54am On Feb 06, 2017
Ewuare 1 was a warrior king. I see Ewuare 2 following his footsteps. But for church to carry sacrifice, ORDINARILY, could be asking for too much.
However, without hypocrisy, in reality, we all know there has always been a behind the scene collaboration with traditional worshipers when push comes to shove.
These traditional worshipers must be laughing at a lot of people because, when problem reach problem, na dem be the popular busstop, EVERYBODY inclusive. So whywont they be bold to ask you to do what you do secretly in the open grin grin grin
Just wondering!
Re: Winners Chapel Member Commits Suicide In Benin Church by Xzbit91: 9:56am On Feb 06, 2017
saintmark88:
I dnt c anything wrong with them appeasing the gods of the land according to d traditions of the land.... After all wen Jesus was asked if they should pay tax to Caesar, he said give to caesar what belongs to caesar and to God what belongs to God....They might choose to pay for the appeasing to be done and not participate in it....... Thts another way out

grin grin
Antoeni thinks differently
Re: Winners Chapel Member Commits Suicide In Benin Church by ephi123(f): 10:09am On Feb 06, 2017
whirlwind7:

Just wondering.....do you have a life outside NL?

I mean, anytime I click on a random thread that catches my attention, I see you making lengthy posts as if you were paid to do so.

It's obvious even to the blind..
Re: Winners Chapel Member Commits Suicide In Benin Church by ifycent2: 10:34am On Feb 06, 2017
abi... na blcos of 14th feb.2017......
na waoooh
Re: Winners Chapel Member Commits Suicide In Benin Church by Dsov2016: 11:27am On Feb 06, 2017
Was waiting for when this story will be online . nobody is trying to disparage the winner's chapel Church. This event occured in my area. The man was asked last Monday by his landlord to pay his house rent but he left his house and went to the church while the rain was falling and hung himself. The man was a church worker . it threw the whole area into confusion as several people in the area worship in the church. In fact what was told to us by members of the church one of whom is my neighbour was that the man was one of their pastors. In Benin it is a taboo to commit suicide. U must do some sacrifices to cleanse the area and some trees must be cut down. Do not know why they are now reporting sacrifice for the gods. Even abroad they must pray to cleanse the area of any evil spirit or taint. The house just further along erhunsee road about one house from the church that was how the owner died mysteriously . the woman selling at the store in front of the building found him lying in a pool of his blood on the 1st of Jan last year. No one knows if he jumped from the storey building to commit suicide or he was attacked , only God knows

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Member Commits Suicide In Benin Church by Nobody: 11:41am On Feb 06, 2017
Antoeni:
Suicides is for Cowards looking for a shortcut to escape responsibilities.

If he is a father, he has selfishly denied his children the care,love and security only a father can contribute into his children's life. If he is a husband, he has selfishly denied a wife the love, comfort, security and a soul mate only a husband can bring. And to his family at large, he has created a void so big, it will never be able to heal.

Only very ignorant people confidently make comments like this convinced that they are making sound logic. Do you even know what is means to have a broken soul? I pray you never experience one.
Re: Winners Chapel Member Commits Suicide In Benin Church by redsun(m): 12:23pm On Feb 06, 2017
Everyday Nigeria is suicidal for those that are brought up with a bit of normalcy in their lives. The only reason why there aren't so many suicide in Africa is that people are brought up from birth to deal with depressing,streas full and suicidal situation. But not any more with the proliferation of Internet where people are beginning to learn that life is not worth living unless it is really worthwhile.

I think it is time the Benin palace realised that it is 21st century city and things like this is more of emotions rather that superstores, while the church on the other hand should do its best to respect the traditions of land in order to maintain a cordial relationship. After all, you are all africans divided by the virtue of beliefs and fundamental misconceptions.
Re: Winners Chapel Member Commits Suicide In Benin Church by Olu317(m): 9:39pm On Feb 06, 2017
akpamuomenka:

Somtimes I doubt some of these suicide cases, evil men may kill someone and hang him to cover up.
That can be true because no part of it all as it concerns homicide in crime of this magnitude especially in this peculiar case that appears as there is a something fishy. I have never imagined such could have happened in a church of God. All I know is that something about the man's death isn't right and God will expose the perpetrators of this devilish act.
Re: Winners Chapel Member Commits Suicide In Benin Church by Holypapa1(m): 10:04pm On Feb 06, 2017
I laugh in Swahili
Re: Winners Chapel Member Commits Suicide In Benin Church by RALPHOW(m): 10:18pm On Feb 06, 2017
HungerBAD:
Suicide is always not an option.

No matter what anybody is going through in life, it is important one chooses life over death. This very suicide is even a strange one, considering the fact that the Police Report (PRO) indicated the deceased is even a Pastor.

Should i say RIP to the Pastor?no. There are those that have H.I.V and still chose life over suicide. There are those who lost all their families in road accidents, or one tragic way or the other and still chose life over suicide. There are those who lost everything in business and became homeless, and still chose life over suicide.

Suicides is for Cowards looking for a shortcut to escape responsibilities.

If he is a father, he has selfishly denied his children the care,love and security only a father can contribute into his children's life. If he is a husband, he has selfishly denied a wife the love, comfort, security and a soul mate only a husband can bring. And to his family at large, he has created a void so big, it will never be able to heal.

Now to the Church. This is where Religion and Tradition is about to clash, as those familiar with the Benin Culture, knows there is no way that "Winners Chapel Branch" will be able to open its church door, without them either carrying out the sacrifice or paying for the sacrifice to be carried out, as the orders of the palace is law in Benin.

Or alternatively, they can close shop. But, i will follow this matter to the ending, out of curiosity to see if "Winners Chapel" will offer some Sacrificial stuff to the gods.

God forbid even devil knows Bishop David Oyedepo Church will never approve any stupid sacrifices
I think Benin should wake up this is 21st century.

Re: Winners Chapel Member Commits Suicide In Benin Church by oaroloye(m): 6:21pm On Feb 15, 2017
dre11:

Benin palace, church clash over sacrifice demand

https://newtelegraphonline.com/crime/metro/winners-chapel-member-commits-suicide-church/

What "abominable act?"
Re: Winners Chapel Member Commits Suicide In Benin Church by oaroloye(m): 6:23pm On Feb 15, 2017
HungerBAD:
Suicide is always not an option.

Suicide is NEVER an option!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Interesting Experiences I Had When I Was A Boy / Thousands Gather At Daystar For Free Christmas Packages (Pics) / Who Created God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.