Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

'Church of Tiger' Dissolved Because Of The Golfer's "Personal Sins." - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 'Church of Tiger' Dissolved Because Of The Golfer's "Personal Sins." (1040 Views)

7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy. / Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Church of Tiger' Dissolved Because Of The Golfer's "Personal Sins." by tiatma: 10:54pm On Dec 03, 2009
[size=14pt]'Church of Tiger' website disbands over golfer's 'sins'[/size]

The transgressions of Tiger Woods have proved too much to take for one of the golf superstar's most fanatical fans who is now disbanding a church set up in praise of the sports icon.

John Ziegler, the pastor of the "First Church of Tiger Woods"
-- www.tigerwoodsisgod.com -- has announced in a statement on the blog that the organization is being dissolved because of the golfer's "personal sins."

Logo of the "tigerwoodsisgod.com" website

The church, whose home page has now been rechristened "The Damnation of Tiger Woods,"was launched by radio host Ziegler in 1996 to "celebrate the emergence of the 'true messiah.'"

However the lurid revelations that have swirled around Woods since last week have left Ziegler so disenchanted that he is now ending his church, which has its own "Prayer for Tiger" and "Ten Tiger Commandments."

"After several days of evaluation, I have decided to disband the First Church of Tiger Woods," Ziegler wrote.

"Tiger is clearly no longer deserving of being seen as a role model or a hero and he has needlessly squandered his unique potential to be a positive force in our country and the world.

"While I am relatively sure that Tiger will make a comeback from this sad episode and that there will be great moments for him in the future, I personally am done with Tiger Woods."

However Ziegler's reaction appears to fly in the face of the 10th of the "Tiger commandments" -- "Thou shall pay no attention to Tiger's apparent flaws."

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/18/20091203/tod-church-of-tiger-website-disbands-ove-f62056d.html
Re: 'Church of Tiger' Dissolved Because Of The Golfer's "Personal Sins." by finemocha(f): 10:56pm On Dec 03, 2009
there is a church of tiger ke. now i have seen everything
Re: 'Church of Tiger' Dissolved Because Of The Golfer's "Personal Sins." by Nobody: 11:04pm On Dec 03, 2009
This must have been a result of joblessness.
Re: 'Church of Tiger' Dissolved Because Of The Golfer's "Personal Sins." by Horus(m): 11:08pm On Dec 03, 2009

The 10 Tiger Commandments

I. Thou shall not wear red on any day but Sunday.

II. Thou shall not worship Duval or Garcia above Tiger.

III. Thou shall not doubt Tiger’s ability to recover from any deficit.

IV. Thou shall always keep holy the Masters.

V. Thou shall not question why Tiger does not win EVERY week.

VI. Thou shall not scream “You da man!” after any Tiger shot since to call him a man would be demeaning.

VII. Thou shall not root for any golfer other than Tiger, unless he is not entered in the tournament. (Special dispensations are available through the First Church for events in which Jack Nicklaus is also entered.)

VIII. Thou shall not take the name Eldrick, unless in vain.

IX. Thou shall not covet Tiger’s game.

X. Thou shall pay no attention to Tiger’s apparent flaws. (we at the First Church are sure that there are good reasons for Tiger’s over-commercialization, temper, choice of girlfriend, lack of college degree, conflict of interest with CBS sportsline, and acceptance of appearance fees through his deal with Buick. One can not question the will of God.)

Source: http://tigerwoodsisgod.com/blog/index.php/the-10-tiger-commandments/
Re: 'Church of Tiger' Dissolved Because Of The Golfer's "Personal Sins." by JeSoul(f): 11:25pm On Dec 03, 2009
shocked Church of Tiger? ROTFLOL

They're disbanding? well, at least we've found one good thing to come out of Tigers transgressions  grin
Re: 'Church of Tiger' Dissolved Because Of The Golfer's "Personal Sins." by tiatma: 11:28pm On Dec 03, 2009
JeSoul:

shocked Church of Tiger? ROTFLOL

They're disbanding? well, at least we've found one good thing to come out of Tigers transgressions  grin

Hey my sista from another motha, you're staying behind doing overtime or what

You're not usually posting this late
Re: 'Church of Tiger' Dissolved Because Of The Golfer's "Personal Sins." by JeSoul(f): 11:30pm On Dec 03, 2009
tiatma:

Hey my sista from another motha, you're staying behind doing overtime or what

You're not usually posting this late
shocked  shocked  wow so my posting habits are known like this?  grin

My dear, I am indeed in a lil bit late today. How have you been?  smiley
Re: 'Church of Tiger' Dissolved Because Of The Golfer's "Personal Sins." by tiatma: 11:36pm On Dec 03, 2009
JeSoul:

shocked  shocked  wow so my posting habits are known like this?  grin

My dear, I am indeed in a lil bit late today. How have you been?  smiley

I dey like "ewa"

Had the Elijah syndrome and was removing all my postings, also was updating my professional certifications etc

This is a test mail account - tiatma, kinda something like my alter-ego
Re: 'Church of Tiger' Dissolved Because Of The Golfer's "Personal Sins." by JeSoul(f): 11:38pm On Dec 03, 2009
tiatma:

I dey like "ewa"

Had the Elijah syndrome and was removing all my postings, also was updating my professional certifications etc

This is a test mail account - tiatma, kinda something like my alter-ego
If this is the voice of Jacob, who is Esau? smiley
Re: 'Church of Tiger' Dissolved Because Of The Golfer's "Personal Sins." by tiatma: 11:49pm On Dec 03, 2009
JeSoul:

If this is the voice of Jacob, who is Esau?  smiley

grin grin Maybe we should wean you off panasharp . . .

Nah panadol panadull is not that much of an option

Stick with panasharp I love your wit and sense of humor
Re: 'Church of Tiger' Dissolved Because Of The Golfer's "Personal Sins." by JeSoul(f): 12:16am On Dec 04, 2009
The voice is unmistakable grin I recognize who thou art wink

I was just thinking of you the other day, wondering and praying that all is well with you.
Re: 'Church of Tiger' Dissolved Because Of The Golfer's "Personal Sins." by Nobody: 3:01am On Dec 04, 2009
lol

Na wa for Tiger.

His wife went Viking on him.

Rock paper scissors- Viking Tiger Golf Club
Re: 'Church of Tiger' Dissolved Because Of The Golfer's "Personal Sins." by Tudor6(f): 8:50am On Dec 04, 2009
That crazy wife of his should be arrested for assault. . .what a bitch!
Re: 'Church of Tiger' Dissolved Because Of The Golfer's "Personal Sins." by tiatma: 5:12pm On Dec 04, 2009
[size=14pt]Tiger Woods 'offered wife Elin $5m after transgressions' [/size]
By Nick Allen in Los Angeles
Published: 11:05PM GMT 03 Dec 2009

Happy times: Tiger Woods with wife, Elin Nordegren,
at opening the ceremony for the Presidents Cup in San Francisco

Tiger Woods's wife is said to have been offered $5 million (£3 million) after he admitted to "trangressions" of their marriage.

Following 72 hours of intensive negotiations, the money is said to have been offered to Elin Nordegren as recompense for her husband's mysterious car crash in the early hours of last Friday, a lawyer familiar with the case told The Daily Beast.

It is part of a deal in which the couple's pre-nuptial agreement has also been revised.

Miss Nordegren had initially accepted a relatively modest agreement in 2004, when the couple married, under which she is believed to have been entitled to $20 million (£12 million) if they divorced after 10 years.

That amount is thought to have been doubled and the required period shortened to seven years, so she could walk away from the marriage in two years with $40 million (£24 million.)

Woods and his wife are both said to be desperate to save their marriage and are undergoing counselling.

But celebrity divorce lawyer Raoul Felder said: "I don't think the prognosis is too great for something like this unless she's willing to make some kind of deal and live with it.

"There's a separate level of hell when you're a celebrity. You're subject to extraordinary temptation that ordinary people are not subject to."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/golf/tigerwoods/6722223/Tiger-Woods-offered-wife-Elin-5m-after-transgressions.html
Re: 'Church of Tiger' Dissolved Because Of The Golfer's "Personal Sins." by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 04, 2009
in a way, I feel sorry for her, if its true the problem was caused by Tiger's cheating.

She had a very sad wakeup call to reality.

Relationships and especially marriage arent about being perfect. And most especially when you're married to a black man, I'm sorry to say. Being perfect may actually propel the man outside faster than lightning.
Re: 'Church of Tiger' Dissolved Because Of The Golfer's "Personal Sins." by Krayola(m): 11:31pm On Dec 04, 2009
The Woods' new family portrait. grin

Re: 'Church of Tiger' Dissolved Because Of The Golfer's "Personal Sins." by Nobody: 7:51pm On Dec 05, 2009
lol- he wasnt that badly injured nah.

Trust people to escalate the matter. cheesy

he should thank his lucky stars though- the mistress could have done him in for real, had she been the one involved.
Re: 'Church of Tiger' Dissolved Because Of The Golfer's "Personal Sins." by mamagee3(f): 8:18pm On Dec 05, 2009
Let me just say this thread is a mistake.
Tiger Woods has a church
? shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

Take A Few Minutes To Soak In This Beautiful Music / Arabic Invasion!, It Has Started / The Spirituality Of The Synaesthete

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.