Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,472 members, 7,823,100 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Tomtom Or Garmin - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Tomtom Or Garmin (1070 Views)

Tomtom SATNAV Start Model 40 & 50 In Nigeria - Vehicle/car Satellite Navigation / Brand New Garmin. & Trimble GPS. For Sale / Complete N Updated Map Of Nigeria Needed For My Garmin Gps Navigator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tomtom Or Garmin by r231(m): 10:57pm On Dec 03, 2009
I am trying to buy a new gps since my current one decided to take me to a bush instead of the airport. It even tells me to do a u-turn on the highway, so you know say na devil enter am, I almost went nuts and was about to fight the man wey dey talk inside the gps, b4 i remembered say na computer, that gps will not make me run mad. pepu don't ever buy mio map gps, only yesterday it took me to a grave yard instead of my entered destination, imagine,

So, I would like to know your experiences with garmin or tomtom. I am also on a budget, I am looking for a budget friendly and reliable gps.
Re: Tomtom Or Garmin by Chuckdee(m): 11:30am On Dec 07, 2009
hahahaha grin

Sorry Bro, I really cant help you as i dont hv a GPS unit so i dont know which is berra, but I couldnt stop laughing at your post!!!
Lol, abeg my broda no gree the devil wey enter the tin carry you go early grave ooo, infact e go beta make u abandon the car sef begin jump molue!

If you shout back at the computer na him be say the devil don catch you be dat
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Tomtom Or Garmin by N9528GB: 12:40pm On Dec 07, 2009
Chuckdee:

hahahaha grin

Sorry Bro, I really cant help you as i dont hv a GPS unit so i dont know which is berra, but I couldnt stop laughing at your post!!!
Lol, abeg my broda no gree the devil wey enter the tin carry you go early grave ooo, infact e go beta make u abandon the car sef begin jump molue!

If you shout back at the computer na him be say the devil don catch you be dat
grin grin grin grin grin

I laughed at your post and felt your pain why not get your hands on a sleek Nseies or E series Nokia mobile phone, I use the map alot and works. Best of all its free cost you nothing
Re: Tomtom Or Garmin by N9528GB: 12:42pm On Dec 07, 2009
Sorry that was meant to be for the poster and not Chuckdee
Re: Tomtom Or Garmin by N9528GB: 12:52pm On Dec 07, 2009
Just get Nokia MAP, and download any country map to your phone with Voice navigation self n ve fun.
Re: Tomtom Or Garmin by labiyemmy(m): 8:56am On Aug 11, 2010
@poster

Where were you using the device? In Nigeria?
Re: Tomtom Or Garmin by texazzpete(m): 7:52pm On Aug 11, 2010
N95-2 8GB:

I laughed at your post and felt your pain why not get your hands on a sleek Nseies or E series Nokia mobile phone, I use the map alot and works. Best of all its free cost you nothing

It costs him a Nokia. And Nokia phones are really getting stale these days.
Besides, a dedicated GPS unit has a bigger screen, is easier to mount on the dashboard while driving, usually has better GPS reception, etc,

@Poster
Get a Garmin device. I don't think Nigerian maps are available on TomTom

(1) (Reply)

Spectrum Analyzer Needed / . / Blackberry 9700 (bold II) 35k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.