Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

What Event Do You Love Celebrating? - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / What Event Do You Love Celebrating? (3130 Views)

Poll: What Event Do you Love Celebrating?

Independance Day: 0% (1 vote)
Thanksgiving: 7% (8 votes)
Birthday: 25% (28 votes)
Christmas: 38% (42 votes)
Easter: 4% (5 votes)
Valentines Day: 4% (5 votes)
New Years: 11% (12 votes)
Other: 7% (8 votes)
This poll has ended

Happy Birthday To All Nlers Celebrating +1 Today.... / An Icon Is Celebrating His Birthday Today!! / Celebrating Nigeria In Different Languages! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Event Do You Love Celebrating? by nethacker(m): 3:57pm On Dec 14, 2009
i love celebrating val n me buffday cos me buffday is on val's day grin grin
Re: What Event Do You Love Celebrating? by Carlosein(m): 5:15pm On Dec 14, 2009
cultey:

I recently found out that in the U.S., the phrase, happy holidays, is now the politically correct term that is being used in stead of Merry Christmas.

For those of you that use the word "Xmas", I'll just let you know that it is an atheist terminology, please try as much as possible not to remove the CHRIST in Christmas as it is all about Jesus Christ.

Also remember that He is the reason for the season. Do not get caught up with the mentality that sharing gifts is the propaganda behind Christmas. The greatest gift of all is Jesus, and if you find it mandatory to hand out gifts, witness to unbelievers, because the best gift that a human can ever receive is eternal life; and who gives it?

JESUS!!!

As you might have guessed, Christmas and Easter are my best celebrated holidays!

Couldn't agree less.

@post: Christmas and Easter
Re: What Event Do You Love Celebrating? by AndreUweh(m): 7:31pm On Dec 14, 2009
New Yam? Whats that

NEW YAM festival is a festival marked by West Africans and hugely celebrated by Ndigbo. It is the culmination of an end of Agricultural season and the beggining of a new farming season. It involves the blessing of colanut; cutting of the yam; traditional dances; traditional wrestling; display of traditional foods; display of traditional attires; eating and drinking; wife seeking and finding etc.
Gabry, ask your Igbo friends for more or buy a copy of Achebe's epic novel 'Things Fall Apart.
Re: What Event Do You Love Celebrating? by oln: 9:19pm On Dec 14, 2009
@cultey:thanks alot for reminding us about d importance of calling it christmas and not xmas.i get pissed off whn i hear xmas.d name christ shld always b mentioned
Re: What Event Do You Love Celebrating? by finemax(m): 9:47pm On Dec 14, 2009
i love celebrating christmas and new year,easter use to be for sober reflection
Re: What Event Do You Love Celebrating? by Okwyjesus(m): 10:15pm On Dec 14, 2009
OFALA FESTIVAL, u go fear
Re: What Event Do You Love Celebrating? by gidson12(m): 10:41pm On Dec 14, 2009
sex day grin
Re: What Event Do You Love Celebrating? by Gabry(f): 12:06am On Dec 15, 2009
koolchicco:

Haba Mama Ngozi!!! Must u respond to every post?

Abeg free [b]u[/b]s here, jare!! tongue

LMAO!!! Since when I go answer to all? grin I just see and reply naaa. cheesy

cultey:

I recently found out that in the U.S., the phrase, happy holidays, is now the politically correct term that is being used in stead of Merry Christmas.

For those of you that use the word "Xmas", I'll just let you know that it is an atheist terminology, please try as much as possible not to remove the CHRIST in Christmas as it is all about Jesus Christ.

Also remember that He is the reason for the season. Do not get caught up with the mentality that sharing gifts is the propaganda behind Christmas. The greatest gift of all is Jesus, and if you find it mandatory to hand out gifts, witness to unbelievers, because the best gift that a human can ever receive is eternal life; and who gives it?

JESUS!!!

As you might have guessed, Christmas and Easter are my best celebrated holidays!

Nie one. I love this post smiley

Andre Uweh:

New Yam? Whats that

NEW YAM festival is a festival marked by West Africans and hugely celebrated by Ndigbo. It is the culmination of an end of Agricultural season and the beggining of a new farming season. It involves the blessing of colanut; cutting of the yam; traditional dances; traditional wrestling; display of traditional foods; display of traditional attires; eating and drinking; wife seeking and finding etc.
Gabry, ask your Igbo friends for more or buy a copy of Achebe's epic novel 'Things Fall Apart.

Oh wow! I loveeeee Yam and I bet I would love to celebrate this festival one day. It will be great! cheesy My Igbo friends only dey drink drink drnk they no fit do otha things tongue

gidson12:

sex day grin

NAUGHTY BOY! grin
Re: What Event Do You Love Celebrating? by shilling(f): 2:28am On Dec 15, 2009
Birthdays!! I already know the reason for the season, so I'm not big on the connotations associated with Christmas.
Re: What Event Do You Love Celebrating? by SeanT21(f): 7:05pm On Dec 15, 2009
cultey:

JESUS!!!

AMEN!!!
Re: What Event Do You Love Celebrating? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 16, 2009
Carlosein:

Couldn't agree less.

Gabry:

Nie one. I love this post smiley

SeanT21:

AMEN!!!
oln:

@cultey:thanks alot for reminding us about d importance of calling it christmas and not xmas.i get pissed off whn i hear xmas.d name christ shld always b mentioned

Thanks y'all  grin
Re: What Event Do You Love Celebrating? by rbn: 4:06pm On Dec 17, 2009
I love celebrating Christmas because it is the birthday of Jesus Christ and oh my birthdays and that of my friends i try not to forget.
Re: What Event Do You Love Celebrating? by ubiaa5(f): 9:22pm On Dec 18, 2009
indepndence day. tongue
Re: What Event Do You Love Celebrating? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Dec 20, 2009
For me it is Christmas and new year. There is always love in d air during Christmas, and in my opinion, the new yr brings about a new beginning(at least 4 those that will stick by their new yr resolutions), as well as new hopes.
Re: What Event Do You Love Celebrating? by rhymz(m): 2:12pm On Dec 20, 2009
deoz:

For me it is Christmas and new year. There is always love in d air during Christmas, and in my opinion, the new yr brings about a new beginning(at least 4 those that will stick by their new yr resolutions), as well as new hopes.
i danced yahooze when U said new yr resolution. . Bone that stuf biko e no dey work for me,it's absolute crap.Can U beliv I ve tried sticking to the shyt several times but it doesn't work 4 me.last yr I gave up on this new yr resolution thingy.I had resolved to shun sex and anything that will make me do it,then I went to church.When I came back,my street was in a celebration frenzy,pretty young siwit looking galz with jugz pointing north and yansh pointing south,God! Which kinda temptation be diz I said to myself.As if that was not bad enuf,just around 2 when thought d street carnival thing had climaxed,home boyz got crazy,rented a projector and used very loud speakerz and climaxed the already sexually charged atmosphere with blue films and stuf. . . Geeez my eyez popped out and already I and some of my friends(guyz and galz) where drinking ön the balcony of my house.When the whole carnival thingy got to dat lvl plus the sharks everyone had had,boyz and galz started misbehaving. . . Geeez I 4got my resolution and ate a gal up in ma rum. . . Needlez to say i was kinda angry at myself for spoiling d resolution but my candystick was happy for it. . . Hehehehe. . So me my xmas/new year's eve street carnival is ma best. . Lol
Re: What Event Do You Love Celebrating? by ayobase(m): 5:34pm On Dec 21, 2009
My birthday of course.
dont always celebrate it,
but it is always SPECIAL time for DEEP reflection!
Re: What Event Do You Love Celebrating? by Gabry(f): 2:10pm On Apr 04, 2010
Wish I could enjoy Christmas and my birtdayds but my family likes to screw it up for me sad
Re: What Event Do You Love Celebrating? by masido(f): 12:47pm On Apr 05, 2010
For me, its Christmas,New year and my birthday.
Re: What Event Do You Love Celebrating? by vanillaz: 12:46pm On May 06, 2010
weddings, lol@ www.namywedding.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

11 Categories Of Guys You Meet At A Wedding. / Independence Day Speech In Gujrati Language | 15 August Essays In Gujrati Font / Man's Marriage Goes Viral On Facebook As His Brother Did This (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.