Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,127 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Pre-cooked Jollh Rice At UK Supermarket "African Kitchen" Range! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Pre-cooked Jollh Rice At UK Supermarket "African Kitchen" Range! (2605 Views)

Poll: Will You Be A Patron & Buy Jolloh Or Other African Pre-Packed Food?

Yes! It Is A Quick & Easy Meal Solution!!: 12% (2 votes)
No! Wud Rather Cook Myself: 62% (10 votes)
Maybe: Just Out Of Curiousity!: 25% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

See What A Lady Cooked For Her Man ! / Picture Of Jollof Rice Been Cooked By A Nairalander / Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pre-cooked Jollh Rice At UK Supermarket "African Kitchen" Range! by mohawkchic(f): 3:29am On Dec 04, 2009
~There's a  range of "African Kitchen" pre-packed foods that can be found at Goodmayes Tesco in the UK! I got an email w/ the pic of pre-packed Chicken Jolloh Rice. . .three years late it seems  grin I wasnt sure if it's a new range or if it was successful/discontinued but i went seraching the ever dependable internet to find out about it!

“Retort packs with 18 months shelf life!!

Authentic flavours from the Caribbean and Africa culminating in a sumptuous blend of spices and herbs make up the new range from Spice Plantation.

We created Spice Plantation because we felt the need to produce quick and easy meal solutions. We want to represent some of the feeling and authenticity of traditional food choices in the Caribbean islands and countries of Africa”. States Karee Barclay, Marketing Manager.

Whether you have family ties to these regions or have travelled abroad and sampled the cuisine, our range aims to reflect these experiences.

Mango and Coconut Sauce
Chicken Curry
Jollof Rice
Calalloo and Codfish

Spice plantation has taken time to source high quality ingredients and maintain traditional cooking methods. The Spice Plantation range is competitively priced and now available in selected Tesco stores from November 13th 2006.

We have also launched exclusive very authentic Indian cooking sauces which “just add” to your choice of vegetable/Meat and cook for 3 minutes!! To create a mouth watering traditional authentic Dish. Look out for authentic Indian cooking sauces to be launched exclusively at the World Food Market Exhibition and available from Tesco from 12 November 2006

We are 100% natural and free from artificial colouring.

Choose Spice Plantation for healthy hunger management and a choice to bring excitement and flavour into meal times. With the choice to try something exciting gently heat it up with out delicious meal solutions.

Our mouth-watering dishes leave behind that gratifying home cooked feeling, great for those coming winter months."

Re: Pre-cooked Jollh Rice At UK Supermarket "African Kitchen" Range! by SeanT21(f): 7:51am On Dec 04, 2009
Cook my own.
Re: Pre-cooked Jollh Rice At UK Supermarket "African Kitchen" Range! by chika98: 4:22pm On Dec 04, 2009
I rather make my own stuff. 18 months shelf life? Yuck!
Re: Pre-cooked Jollh Rice At UK Supermarket "African Kitchen" Range! by Basildon1(m): 5:29pm On Dec 04, 2009
the preservative content must be off the scale if it's pre-cooked, scary
Re: Pre-cooked Jollh Rice At UK Supermarket "African Kitchen" Range! by mamagee3(f): 6:50pm On Dec 04, 2009
Preserved already cooked food is bullshit!!
I'd rather cook mine
. tongue
Re: Pre-cooked Jollh Rice At UK Supermarket "African Kitchen" Range! by mohawkchic(f): 6:42am On Dec 06, 2009
~I'm actually curious to know what it tastes like. . .cant be that bad! I hope!! undecided I wudnt want it to ruin my appetite for Jolloh grin
Re: Pre-cooked Jollh Rice At UK Supermarket "African Kitchen" Range! by Epi: 7:48pm On Dec 06, 2009
I like the idea of pre-cooked food.
Re: Pre-cooked Jollh Rice At UK Supermarket "African Kitchen" Range! by KennyG6(m): 2:38pm On Dec 07, 2009
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, i'd rather eat sawdust!
Re: Pre-cooked Jollh Rice At UK Supermarket "African Kitchen" Range! by mohawkchic(f): 9:18pm On Dec 09, 2009
Epi:

I like the idea of pre-cooked food.

~Same here but i have reservations about some pre-cooked food! Perhaps i shud say there are certain foods i wudnt want to eat pre-cooked! grin Unless It's quite tasty. ,
Re: Pre-cooked Jollh Rice At UK Supermarket "African Kitchen" Range! by mohawkchic(f): 9:20pm On Dec 09, 2009
Kenny_G:

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, i'd rather eat sawdust!

~Ha ha! Feel that strongly about it aye. . . grin
Re: Pre-cooked Jollh Rice At UK Supermarket "African Kitchen" Range! by MrCrackles(m): 9:22pm On Dec 09, 2009
£2.35 shocked shocked shocked shocked
Nah no way. . . I d cook it myself. . .
Seriously, no thanks!

MHC
I remember Goodmayes Tesco, a good couple of years ago, i used to have a good friend living around Goodmayes. . .And we will bounce in and out of the Tesco's cheesy
Re: Pre-cooked Jollh Rice At UK Supermarket "African Kitchen" Range! by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 09, 2009
Uhmm I will cook it myself, them things probably have about 100 different preservatives shocked
Re: Pre-cooked Jollh Rice At UK Supermarket "African Kitchen" Range! by mohawkchic(f): 9:38pm On Dec 09, 2009
MrCrackles:

MHC
I remember Goodmayes Tesco, a good couple of years ago, i used to have a good friend living around Goodmayes. . .And we will bounce in and out of the Tesco's cheesy

~Oh yeah! I've never been. . .Been to Ilford Shopping Centre tho grin
Re: Pre-cooked Jollh Rice At UK Supermarket "African Kitchen" Range! by mamagee3(f): 1:41am On Dec 10, 2009
That's pretty disgusting. undecided
Re: Pre-cooked Jollh Rice At UK Supermarket "African Kitchen" Range! by KennyG6(m): 12:26pm On Dec 10, 2009
mohawkchic:

~Ha ha! Feel that strongly about it aye. . . grin
oh yeah, the thought of it alone is repugnant!!!
Re: Pre-cooked Jollh Rice At UK Supermarket "African Kitchen" Range! by Akolawole(m): 3:53pm On Dec 28, 2009
Goodmayes tescos, the one on romford road i think.

Where was the packed made? Nigeria or UK
Re: Pre-cooked Jollh Rice At UK Supermarket "African Kitchen" Range! by TOYOSI20(f): 4:45am On Dec 29, 2009
hmmmm, . . . .yummy embarassed cheesy
Re: Pre-cooked Jollh Rice At UK Supermarket "African Kitchen" Range! by iyapony(m): 9:45am On Dec 29, 2009
@ mohawkchic

thanks for bringing this to the forum. while this sounds nice and easy, id rather cook myself. these precooked meals are loaded with all sorts of unhealthy preservatives and other things.
Re: Pre-cooked Jollh Rice At UK Supermarket "African Kitchen" Range! by iice(f): 5:41pm On Dec 29, 2009
I'd eat it grin
Re: Pre-cooked Jollh Rice At UK Supermarket "African Kitchen" Range! by Secretz(f): 8:35pm On Dec 29, 2009
Out of curiosity I would try it, but I don't expect to get hooked in anyway. grin
Re: Pre-cooked Jollh Rice At UK Supermarket "African Kitchen" Range! by mohawkchic(f): 11:21pm On Dec 29, 2009
~I've had my eyes peeled for it at my Local Tesco but no joy yet! I very much doubt if its still in production. . . undecided prolly didnt sell & was discontinued. . .i'd be sure to ask. . .
Re: Pre-cooked Jollh Rice At UK Supermarket "African Kitchen" Range! by Sissy3(f): 11:27pm On Dec 29, 2009
shocked shocked the idea of package jollo rice is rather disgusting to me. ppl cant be dat lazy to cook simple, easy, fresh jolloy? undecided
Re: Pre-cooked Jollh Rice At UK Supermarket "African Kitchen" Range! by mohawkchic(f): 11:29pm On Dec 29, 2009
~Sissy~:

shocked shocked the idea of package jollo rice is rather disgusting to me. ppl cant be dat lazy to cook simple, easy, fresh jolloy? undecided

~ cheesy Erh Yeah!
Re: Pre-cooked Jollh Rice At UK Supermarket "African Kitchen" Range! by k4kenny(f): 9:40pm On Jan 01, 2010
~Sissy~:

exactly! the stuff is just disgusting on so many levels tongue

(1) (Reply)

How To Prepare Chicken Salad / Rice Pudding Recipe / The Menu: White Rice With Fish Pepper Soup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.