Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,720 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Osinbajo: I Was Elected, So Why Should I Resign? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo: I Was Elected, So Why Should I Resign? (25804 Views)

Osinbajo: I Am The First Born Again Vice President Of Nigeria / Uche Secondus Elected PDP Chairman Amid Protests By Other Aspirants / PICTURED: Osinbajo: I Will Sign 2017 Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo: I Was Elected, So Why Should I Resign? by tomakint: 10:17pm On Feb 06, 2017
Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo has denied reports that he is under pressure to resign.

Following intense speculation on the fate of President Muhammadu Buhari, rumours started flying around that northern governors had met with two former heads of state and decided to force Osinbajo to resign.

This, it was speculated, was to avoid the Goodluck Jonathan situation – where President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua died less than three years in office and his then vice-president stepped into the vacant position as stipulated in the constitution.

As a result, the north lost its turn in the presidency and power returned to the south.

This is believed to have fuelled the rumours that Osinbajo was being pressurised to resign to allow Senate President Bukola Saraki – from the north-central zone – take over in the case of a repeat of the Yar’Adua scenario.

The acting president has sternly denied the rumours.

“I am not under any pressure to resign,” he told the media in Abuja.

“I was voted for by the people of this nation, myself and Mr. President, and so the people of this nation have not asked us to resign.

“I am absolutely not under any pressure whatsoever. The truth is that there has been no pressure from any source asking me to resign.”

https://www.thecable.ng/osinbajo-elected-resign

10 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: I Was Elected, So Why Should I Resign? by odiereke(m): 10:19pm On Feb 06, 2017
Carry on my Able Vice Presido.

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: I Was Elected, So Why Should I Resign? by tomakint: 10:25pm On Feb 06, 2017
I doubt if Osinbajo emerges whether he will deliver. He is "surrounded" already.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: I Was Elected, So Why Should I Resign? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Feb 06, 2017
Wishing Buhari quick recovery

18 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: I Was Elected, So Why Should I Resign? by ybalogs(m): 10:25pm On Feb 06, 2017
Why on earth will the Northern governors do that? How do some people sit down to think of stories that will look real but in the real sense impossible? Some people really need to use their time for something more important.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: I Was Elected, So Why Should I Resign? by babyfaceafrica: 10:51pm On Feb 06, 2017
Nice one

6 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: I Was Elected, So Why Should I Resign? by waternogetenemy: 10:54pm On Feb 06, 2017
Anyhow e be, Osinbanjo cannot perform worst than the Bigot. Osinbanjo we are behind u, he the cap fits should wear it. Carry go!

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: I Was Elected, So Why Should I Resign? by wristbangle: 11:04pm On Feb 06, 2017
Stupedinluv:
Wishing Buhari quick recovery

Same here. Wait, are u from the northern part of the country? U look like fulani a bit on ur dp cool
Re: Osinbajo: I Was Elected, So Why Should I Resign? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Feb 06, 2017
Your incompetence is enough for you to resign. We voted you out of sheer ignorance.

75 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: I Was Elected, So Why Should I Resign? by AdedejiSadeeq(m): 11:35pm On Feb 06, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: I Was Elected, So Why Should I Resign? by SalamRushdie: 11:36pm On Feb 06, 2017
tomakint:
I doubt if Osinbajo emerges whether he will deliver. He is "surrounded" already.

And he doesn't seem to be a visionary

18 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: I Was Elected, So Why Should I Resign? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Feb 06, 2017
wristbangle:

Same here. Wait, are u from the northern part of the country? U look like fulani a bit on ur dp cool
Lol What if I tell you I'm yoruba
Re: Osinbajo: I Was Elected, So Why Should I Resign? by wristbangle: 6:05am On Feb 07, 2017
Stupedinluv:

Lol u yoruba? Madam S? Hehehehe. It will be difficult to believe.
Re: Osinbajo: I Was Elected, So Why Should I Resign? by dunkem21(m): 6:08am On Feb 07, 2017
You should resign because you are incompetent undecided

13 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: I Was Elected, So Why Should I Resign? by doublewisdom: 6:09am On Feb 07, 2017
Buhari was elected not Osubanjo.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: I Was Elected, So Why Should I Resign? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:13am On Feb 07, 2017
Nigerians can be petty sometimes. Why would anyone think that the VP will resign because his boss is absent?

This is too petty! Rumor peddlers just heating up the polity

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: I Was Elected, So Why Should I Resign? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:14am On Feb 07, 2017
doublewisdom:
Buhari was elected not Osubanjo.
Both were elected on a joint ticket sponsored by APC

8 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: I Was Elected, So Why Should I Resign? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:16am On Feb 07, 2017
Stupedinluv:
Some people are just beautiful sha...

cc Omenkalives Donphilopus Caseless

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: I Was Elected, So Why Should I Resign? by Bitterleafsoup: 6:28am On Feb 07, 2017
tomakint:
You think? So Tinubu can't protect his boy?

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: I Was Elected, So Why Should I Resign? by edlion57(m): 6:30am On Feb 07, 2017
Pastor

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: I Was Elected, So Why Should I Resign? by ahamonyeka(m): 6:35am On Feb 07, 2017
Because you are behaving like a henpeck husband.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: I Was Elected, So Why Should I Resign? by Integrityfarms(m): 7:00am On Feb 07, 2017
This war will be very interesting as Afonja may not be courageous to fight for its rights.

We from the Lower Naija will just be sitting and sipping our Moet over some fresh fish pepper soup.

Let the Almajiri vs Afonja entertain us in the Royal Rumble of the Zoo

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: I Was Elected, So Why Should I Resign? by omogin(f): 7:06am On Feb 07, 2017
Watch out o, apostle said they will try to poison you twice. The picture is getting clearer

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: I Was Elected, So Why Should I Resign? by chmeze(m): 7:09am On Feb 07, 2017
ToriBlue:
Your incompetence is enough for you to resign. We voted you out of sheer ignorance.
u voted him out?

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: I Was Elected, So Why Should I Resign? by zombies: 7:14am On Feb 07, 2017
Lai Mohammed
Minister for Information and Culture
Phone number: 08034301111

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: I Was Elected, So Why Should I Resign? by omogin(f): 7:35am On Feb 07, 2017
The moment I saw fear in the eyes of the Northern govs, I knew buhari was in deep shit. Rip buhari

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: I Was Elected, So Why Should I Resign? by Nobody: 7:40am On Feb 07, 2017
chmeze:
u voted him out?
Is it that you don't understand English?

12 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: I Was Elected, So Why Should I Resign? by omenkaLives(m): 7:44am On Feb 07, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Some people are just beautiful sha...

cc Omenkalives Donphilopus Caseless
Perv no repent you hear. This is a new year.

By the way, me and that my Abj no dey again oo. wink

Shiit got messed up.
Re: Osinbajo: I Was Elected, So Why Should I Resign? by omenkaLives(m): 7:47am On Feb 07, 2017
Osinbajo neednt reply any cocksvcker. We know where all these lies are emanating from. Those fools are best ignored.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: I Was Elected, So Why Should I Resign? by omenkaLives(m): 7:50am On Feb 07, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Nigerians can be petty sometimes. Why would anyone think that the VP will resign because his boss is absent?

This is too petty! Rumor peddlers just heating up the polity
We know who those rumour pedlers are. Take away rumours and lies from them and see them wilt away like carrots planted in a scorched desert.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: I Was Elected, So Why Should I Resign? by Funlordmaniac(m): 8:01am On Feb 07, 2017
"Make I resign rather than grab the opportunity to sit on a throne that is only second to gods own with regards to enjoyment?" Make I die if osibanjo never dey rock bullet proof vest dey even waka with spas 12 shotgun this days inside villa in anticipation of the haters!

Na with crane tinubu go place am on that chair sef! He is going NOWHERE! grin

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: I Was Elected, So Why Should I Resign? by lilfreezy: 8:02am On Feb 07, 2017
:- undecided

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chief Of Staff: Gbajabiamila Resigns As House Of Reps Member / How 9 Soldiers, 4 UNIMAID Staff, 14 Others Were Killed In Boko Haram Ambush / Police Impose Three-Day Curfew In Bayelsa After Violence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.