Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,780 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Cancelled Protest : A National Shame, Embarrassment – Soyinka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cancelled Protest : A National Shame, Embarrassment – Soyinka (1535 Views)

Cancelled Protest : A National Shame, Embarrassment – Soyinka / 2face Cancelled Protest: Between Omojuwa And A Twitter User / Reno Omokri Reacts To 2face Idibia's Cancelled Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cancelled Protest : A National Shame, Embarrassment – Soyinka by Zubby56(f): 1:00am On Feb 07, 2017
MUST READ OOO!!!!) !!!!!!!
Nobel laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka has said that the cancellation of 2Face Idibia planned protest was a deep embarrassment and a national shame ‘triggered by the state’s attempt to water down the criminal code against corruption’ and that the police reversed the hands of the democratic clock.
Wole Soyinka in a an article on Saharareproters said the he had written a letter to the Inspector-General of Police, through the Commissioner of Police, Lagos state demanding that the protest be allowed so as to respect and safeguard the constitutional rights of Nigerians.

Saturday (Saturday, Feb 4), the media offered the nation a space of relief when it carried the expected news of a mutual accommodation reached by the organizers of the demonstration planned for tomorrow Monday February 6th.
The theme in summary: public discontent with the state of the nation and its governance. From the beginning, the organizers had cited quite an extensive list of such areas of concern and demands for urgent attention.
To my personal consternation, today’s (Sunday) the same media countered that announcement with a stiff repudiation from the apex of the Police command – the office of the Inspector-General. It is such a huge disappointment, and a disservice to the cause of democracy, tolerance of dissent, and principle of inclusive governance.
An unnecessary but important reminder: the battle for the right of lawful assembly of citizens in any cause, conducted peacefully, has been fought and won several times over. It is time that this contest is gracefully conceded. It must be consolidated by its routineness as a choice of action at the front of any people’s democratic participation. This battle has been won legally, constitutionally, and even morally. It enjoys near global acceptance as one of the means of actualizing the protocols of a people’s Fundamental Human Rights.

Read more!! Get in

http://Triplator.com

Re: Cancelled Protest : A National Shame, Embarrassment – Soyinka by marshalcarter: 1:15am On Feb 07, 2017
read faya
Re: Cancelled Protest : A National Shame, Embarrassment – Soyinka by Zubby56(f): 1:19am On Feb 07, 2017
I don't even understand that man, if he really wants the progress of this country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cancelled Protest : A National Shame, Embarrassment – Soyinka by wHyyyyyyyyyY: 1:20am On Feb 07, 2017
Soyinka should just get lost. All these damage control tricks won't work. They got us right here

10 Likes

Re: Cancelled Protest : A National Shame, Embarrassment – Soyinka by Zubby56(f): 1:21am On Feb 07, 2017
Am even surprised, when did he join politice ,get him lost

1 Like

Re: Cancelled Protest : A National Shame, Embarrassment – Soyinka by captleonerd(m): 1:30am On Feb 07, 2017
wHyyyyyyyyyY:
Soyinka should just get lost. All these damage control tricks won't work. They got us right here
how exactly did Soyinka get you here? just because he spoke against the way amaechi was being tormented in rivers state doesn't mean he can't speak against the ills of the current government. get some education please.

BTW show us where and when Soyinka endorsed buhari. kid

1 Like

Re: Cancelled Protest : A National Shame, Embarrassment – Soyinka by Zubby56(f): 1:38am On Feb 07, 2017
Yes,how can he put his mouth in this country issue consigning politice
Re: Cancelled Protest : A National Shame, Embarrassment – Soyinka by wHyyyyyyyyyY: 1:52am On Feb 07, 2017
captleonerd:
how exactly did Soyinka get you here? just because he spoke against the way amaechi was being tormented in rivers state doesn't mean he can't speak against the ills of the current government. get some education please.

BTW show us where and when Soyinka endorsed buhari. kid
you've lost touch with antecedent of things happening right now in Nigeria. You must be suffering from partial amnesia or maybe old age has brought dementia on you

Go work on your memory sir

7 Likes

Re: Cancelled Protest : A National Shame, Embarrassment – Soyinka by Raydos: 2:17am On Feb 07, 2017
This Guy Should Just Go And Rest

1 Like

Re: Cancelled Protest : A National Shame, Embarrassment – Soyinka by Zubby56(f): 2:32am On Feb 07, 2017
Yes, I believe you bro, old age is in work

1 Like

Re: Cancelled Protest : A National Shame, Embarrassment – Soyinka by timecapsule: 2:47am On Feb 07, 2017
See them na them. Those GRAND FATHERS holding YOUTHS to ransome.

2 Likes

Re: Cancelled Protest : A National Shame, Embarrassment – Soyinka by aloziedaya(m): 3:27am On Feb 07, 2017
I prefer commonsense to PhD. It really baffles me how this man is disgracing himself quite often. He was a propeller to where we're today. I weep for Nigeria, we have a lot of idiots at the top.

3 Likes

Re: Cancelled Protest : A National Shame, Embarrassment – Soyinka by 2016v2017: 4:04am On Feb 07, 2017
wHyyyyyyyyyY:
Re: Cancelled Protest : A National Shame, Embarrassment – Soyinka by 2016v2017: 4:07am On Feb 07, 2017
Zubby56:
I don't even understand that man, if he really wants the progress of this country
Soyinka should just seal his mouth,if he can't tell buhari and his saint ministers to resign.

1 Like

Re: Cancelled Protest : A National Shame, Embarrassment – Soyinka by hyfr(m): 4:11am On Feb 07, 2017
How did we come to this, when did a mad mans opinion begin to matter in this country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cancelled Protest : A National Shame, Embarrassment – Soyinka by adadike281(f): 4:22am On Feb 07, 2017
I agree, Two face is a national disgrace but who is Soyinka to tell him that? Soyinka and Mbaka should have been d fore bearers of dis protest, they sold the bad egg in d first place and not Two face.

1 Like

Re: Cancelled Protest : A National Shame, Embarrassment – Soyinka by NeedGiftcards(m): 5:15am On Feb 07, 2017
Make una free 2face... He brought the much needed voice and attention to the Protest..pity he didn't see it through..the guy's balls must have been squeezed. 2face na Gentle man,no be activist

1 Like

Re: Cancelled Protest : A National Shame, Embarrassment – Soyinka by captleonerd(m): 8:17am On Feb 07, 2017
wHyyyyyyyyyY:
you've lost touch with antecedent of things happening right now in Nigeria. You must be suffering from partial amnesia or maybe old age has brought dementia on you

Go work on your memory sir
you still refused to say anything reasonable. you are just beating around the bush if you don't show me where Soyinka campaigned fr buhari or where he endorsed him
Re: Cancelled Protest : A National Shame, Embarrassment – Soyinka by wHyyyyyyyyyY: 9:18am On Feb 07, 2017

Re: Cancelled Protest : A National Shame, Embarrassment – Soyinka by captleonerd(m): 9:42am On Feb 07, 2017
Re: Cancelled Protest : A National Shame, Embarrassment – Soyinka by Nobody: 9:56am On Feb 07, 2017
why didn't you encourage him before he changed his mind undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided I'm sure your advice would have gone a long way....No one should criticize Tubaba for anything......at least he successfully created the awareness which also paid off cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Cancelled Protest : A National Shame, Embarrassment – Soyinka by Zubby56(f): 11:32am On Feb 07, 2017
If to face 2face in his own issues he will die before he wakes up tomorrow okay, let just say he is drunk
Re: Cancelled Protest : A National Shame, Embarrassment – Soyinka by edudguy(m): 1:11pm On Feb 07, 2017
In as much as I support the protest I don't believe this story... I don't know who will believe this. A whole Soyinka wrote an article in Sahara Reporters website
Re: Cancelled Protest : A National Shame, Embarrassment – Soyinka by Zubby56(f): 1:44pm On Feb 07, 2017
Hmm

(1) (Reply)

Check Out Governor Wike's Casual Oufit (photos) / Biafra: Military Working With Arewa Youths – HURIWA / Only PDP Councillor Candidate In Giwa Local Government In Kaduna State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.