Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

What Do You Do To Skip The Problem Of 'writers' Block'? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Do You Do To Skip The Problem Of 'writers' Block'? (468 Views)

What Is Writers Block And Effective Ways To Overcome It / Nigerian Authors Commence Building Of Writers’ Village / 5 Types Of Writers We Have (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Do To Skip The Problem Of 'writers' Block'? by Lemmy123(m): 9:01am On Feb 08, 2017
I have been a writer for some years now and I want to know if this applies to every writer and how they bypass it.
I ventured into writing because I actually thought I could write the kinds of stories I read (I didn't know it was that difficult because e dey sweet as I dey read am and it looked like something I could write as well.). I started with a little progress though but the beautiful thing was that I started. But along the line, I discovered that it was becoming difficult especially as the story proceeded and it even got to a point that I totally ran out of idea that I had to leave the whole story which was dangerous because you it could loose it allure to you and then you tend to find it uninteresting and finally you stop because you are discouraged.
(Sorry for digressing). So I want writers on this platform to educate us on how they beat this problem of writers' block so that upcoming writers could learn already. For me, i just skip that part that's giving me headache and move on, then later when the idea comes, i go back and write it down. Although this method is quite risky as it could distort the flow of the story but somehow I have learnt how to manage.
So let's begin! Educate us dear writers!
Re: What Do You Do To Skip The Problem Of 'writers' Block'? by Lemmy123(m): 9:04am On Feb 08, 2017
Cc: Lalasticlala Mynd44 Ishilove Seun
Re: What Do You Do To Skip The Problem Of 'writers' Block'? by Divepen1(m): 11:21am On Feb 08, 2017
Lol... I sit with it, think and think.. sleep and return to it until that part is done.
Re: What Do You Do To Skip The Problem Of 'writers' Block'? by Lemmy123(m): 3:23pm On Feb 08, 2017
Divepen1:
Lol... I sit with it, think and think.. sleep and return to it until that part is done.
good for you. If I should try that, it means I won't be able to continue.
Good to know tho

(1) (Reply)

A Writer's Dilemma (short Story) / 28 Life-changing Books Every Woman Should Read28 Life-changing Books Every Woman / Daphne's Diary Of Depression

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.