Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,449 members, 7,819,659 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Why Science Students Believe That Art And Commercial Are Dumbs. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Science Students Believe That Art And Commercial Are Dumbs. (9293 Views)

Poll: WHY DO SCIENCE STUDENTS BELIEVE THAT ART AND COMMERCIAL STUDENTS ARE DUMPS.

BCOS THEIR WORK IS HARDER: 25% (2 votes)
COS THIR WORK IS SIMPLER: 75% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? / A Thread For Computer Science Students.(Nacossites) / Massive Recruitment At Ekiti College Of Technical And Commercial Agriculture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Science Students Believe That Art And Commercial Are Dumbs. by AyilaraH(m): 6:22pm On Dec 04, 2009
guys i have been wondering why science students believe that art and commercial students are dumps in secondary school.
Re: Why Science Students Believe That Art And Commercial Are Dumbs. by djayxpro: 7:26pm On Dec 04, 2009
actually, wat art students do happen around them so no need to be practical but to keep on reading to be updated so it is usually thought that the art side is easier! wen i get a better reason i may post it!
Re: Why Science Students Believe That Art And Commercial Are Dumbs. by bawomolo(m): 7:36pm On Dec 04, 2009
because of the stereotype that the brightest kids are placed in science class.

lets be honest here, the not so bright kids are typically dumped in art class. this has devalued the prestige of art classes in nigeria
Re: Why Science Students Believe That Art And Commercial Are Dumbs. by adebayo201: 11:33pm On Dec 04, 2009
na u talk so oh tongue
Re: Why Science Students Believe That Art And Commercial Are Dumbs. by kelvodavee: 3:53am On Dec 05, 2009
Art/commercial is very easy. Some years ago, medical students were made to register for a sociology course in a university in the northern part of Nigeria so as to improve their relationship with their patients. Do you know that almost all the medical students had "grade A" in the course because it was far too easy for them.
Re: Why Science Students Believe That Art And Commercial Are Dumbs. by adebayo201: 3:56am On Dec 05, 2009
hhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeehe

1 Like

Re: Why Science Students Believe That Art And Commercial Are Dumbs. by SEFAGO(m): 4:03am On Dec 05, 2009
It is well established that the social sciences is no where close to difficulty of the pure sciences and applied sceinces. However, it all boils down to what rocks your boat. I dont think i can survivestudying only social sciences.
Re: Why Science Students Believe That Art And Commercial Are Dumbs. by Nobody: 7:45am On Dec 05, 2009
It's not a matter of whether you are in art, commercial or science, it's a matter of what you will be able to offer the world and your country after your education. Most of the problems we have in nigeria are been tackled by social scientist rather than those in science. You science students are just local champion, all you know is to call others dull students, and when you reach uni and poly you find it difficult to cope and pass because your work are too hard, while we art and commercial students cope easily because our work are too easy, and after school we are still more useful than you because our works are so easy and deals with economic problems. So who cares whether your works are harder than ours.
Re: Why Science Students Believe That Art And Commercial Are Dumbs. by Nobody: 7:53am On Dec 05, 2009
And when we were in the secondary school, all the joint subjects we are doing together, is it science students that always take the lead, stop looking yourself as if you are superior to us, everybody has what it has to offer to the world, even artizans has there own, we live on each other, a medical doctor needs the service of a lawyer, an accountant needs the service of a tailor, nobody is inferior to anybody since you are not the one that paid my school fees, and you are not the one feeding me, so why the comparison.
Re: Why Science Students Believe That Art And Commercial Are Dumbs. by kelvodavee: 3:50am On Dec 06, 2009
salaksmana
You claim Art/Commercial practitioners are the ones solving Nigeria's problems? If you have been solving the economic problems since independence, and up till now, we are still in this bad economic state, that means you have failed. You have really failed. Nigeria's economic situation is very bad even though we have well trained professionals in the art/commercial fields. As for us scientists, we need material resources in order to perform. I am a scientist and I am very proud of the skills i have. Our problem in the science field is neglect. The government has not created a well enabling environment where we can perform effectively. Developed countries are developed majorly because of their scientific capabilities and not because of art/commercial capabilities. Their governments pump money into scientific research to encourage novel inventions. Art/commercial professionals only need to think in order to contribute. Availability of material resources are not compulsory for you to perform. But you have been thinking for the past 50 years i.e half a century, yet Nigeria's economic situation is still in this abject state. Please you need to think more more and more and more and more,
Re: Why Science Students Believe That Art And Commercial Are Dumbs. by Halliema(f): 9:38pm On Dec 08, 2009
excuse me,we art students are not dumb at all.its just dat some of us r not so good in calculations.and the fact dat we r nt good in calculations does nt make us dull, in my secondary sch,almost all art student gained admission into the university immediately we left secondary school,while the so caled "science" student wer still roaming about 4 der result 2 be complete, some people know der nt so good in calculations and they still carry there DUMP brain 2 sciences, if u took the decision to go to art class?? it means u r SMART & u r nt ready to waste ur tym. cheesy
Re: Why Science Students Believe That Art And Commercial Are Dumbs. by Halliema(f): 9:43pm On Dec 08, 2009
excuse me,we art students are not dumb at all.its just dat some of us r not so good in calculations.and the fact dat we r nt good in calculations does nt make us dull, in my secondary sch,almost all art student gained admission into the university immediately we left secondary school,while the so caled "science" student wer still roaming about 4  der result 2 be complete, some people know der nt so good in calculations and they still carry there DUMP brain 2 sciences, if u took the decision to go to art class?? it means u r SMART & u r nt ready to waste ur tym. cheesy
Re: Why Science Students Believe That Art And Commercial Are Dumbs. by ishmael(m): 9:40am On Dec 09, 2009
What's the difference btween the science and arts students? During our days in school the major difference was just Physics, chemistry & Technical Drawing. in some schools even, Arts students also had the option of doing chemistry or further maths.

Arts students offer the following subjects that the science students offer.

Mathematics
English
Biology
Agric science
Geography
Economics

So whats the big deal about being in a science class.
Re: Why Science Students Believe That Art And Commercial Are Dumbs. by beefers(m): 11:09am On Dec 12, 2009
4 this nigeria i cant believe paople re still arguing about something like this nigeria is in a very bad situation so if u think b'cos u graduaTED A science student u re going to be king over others kai u never sabi wetin dey do u art and commercial student are not dumb it is jst that they take advantage of the fact that there work is easy that is why some of them are failures and by the way na baba GOD they bless us wether u be commercial or art or science anybody can make it no one is superior once u work hard enough leave the rest to God.
Re: Why Science Students Believe That Art And Commercial Are Dumbs. by slimes(m): 8:39pm On Dec 12, 2009
Tell me what the most powerful men of the USA and Great Britain read, simple- Economics, Law, Political science and history which are inter-related with art. For your information, Barack H. Obama read Political science and Law.
Re: Why Science Students Believe That Art And Commercial Are Dumbs. by slimes(m): 8:42pm On Dec 12, 2009
ishmael:

What's the difference btween the science and arts students? During our days in school the major difference was just Physics, chemistry & Technical Drawing. in some schools even, Arts students also had the option of doing chemistry or further maths.

Arts students offer the following subjects that the science students offer.

Mathematics
English
Biology
Agric science
Geography
Economics

So whats the big deal about being in a science class.

I did Agric science and Biology as a commercial student so what does that make me?
Re: Why Science Students Believe That Art And Commercial Are Dumbs. by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 12, 2009
Don't mind them, science students always think they are superior to us.
Re: Why Science Students Believe That Art And Commercial Are Dumbs. by deedav: 1:49pm On Dec 13, 2009
It's unfortunate d@ pple stil brag about dia involvement in d science wrld n tongue-lash oda contributing classes. Sompple ended up in science class due 2 increased pressure 4rm parents,teachers n evn peers! Som graduatd unfulfild. Science,social science, Art, i'm proud 2 say none of these is neither simple nor difficult. As regards history,gr8 men like aristotle,socrates,plato,alexander d gr8 etc, affect d various academic divisions. They were gr8 philosophers(thinkers) d@ hlpd 2 shape d wrld n not being sentimental. Cant u all see d relatnship btw philosophy(art or social sci) n science. Dese gr8 men, u cant neglect in any kind of discipline! Even albert heinsten got involvd in politics! So in social science n art, we cn boast of extra ordinary men( chinua achebe, wole soyinka, adam smith, david richardo, micheal jackson, george fredrick handel ,d list goes on! Evn God is d greatest scientist,social scientist n artist! He neva tried 2 underscore d importance of 1 ova d other. I think we shld stop arguements n jst try 2 move dis nation 4wrd. If usa had bn doin mor of arguements den i'm sure they wldn't av gone dis far in d science, social science, art worlds!
Re: Why Science Students Believe That Art And Commercial Are Dumbs. by deedav: 1:54pm On Dec 13, 2009
It's unfortunate d@ pple stil brag about dia involvement in d science wrld n tongue-lash oda contributing classes. Sompple ended up in science class due 2 increased pressure 4rm parents,teachers n evn peers! Som graduatd unfulfild. Science,social science, Art, i'm proud 2 say none of these is neither simple nor difficult. As regards history,gr8 men like aristotle,socrates,plato,alexander d gr8 etc, affect d various academic divisions. They were gr8 philosophers(thinkers) d@ hlpd 2 shape d wrld n not being sentimental. Cant u all see d relatnship btw philosophy(art or social sci) n science. Dese gr8 men, u cant neglect in any kind of discipline! Even albert heinsten got involvd in politics! So in social science n art, we cn boast of extra ordinary men( chinua achebe, wole soyinka, adam smith, david richardo, micheal jackson, george fredrick handel ,d list goes on! Evn God is d greatest scientist,social scientist n artist! He neva tried 2 underscore d importance of 1 ova d other. I think we shld stop arguements n jst try 2 move dis nation 4wrd. If usa had bn doin mor of arguements den i'm sure they wldn't av gone dis far in d science, social science, art worlds!
Re: Why Science Students Believe That Art And Commercial Are Dumbs. by HCpaul(m): 7:40pm On Oct 24, 2015
Infact, this is the kind of thread that i like.
Re: Why Science Students Believe That Art And Commercial Are Dumbs. by focus95: 8:47pm On Oct 24, 2015
So funny! So u guyz stil involve in dx trash called discussion? Lemme reveal dx fact 2u. Dullard wil always nd forever b dullard, no matter d hell department he/she finds his/herself. Wen i was junior schl, even right 4rm ma kindrgardn. I never had passion 4 any fuckng science course, i jst loved myself to b in finance n i startd working towards dat. To b honest here in my junior classes days m best subjects were science related subjects ( inter-science,basic tech,math etc) none the less i nevr had passion to b scientist. Wen we proceeded to ss classes i swear 95% of them cudnt take my stand in mathematics,geography,biology n other general subjects. Infact i stil had d best record in math at d time my set left d skul as a commcial studnt. To b honest science students are the best lets b sincere kos d top 4 best studnts in jss classes proceeded to b scientist while i dat fell at 5th went to commercial nt kos of d fear of d department (to b sincere nothing to b feared there) bt wat i wanted. They r trying bt d fact dat other students outside their department are fool or dumb is wat i wil urge u to forget. Not only u guyz do calculation, we solve critical nd logical questions in p.accounting in dx case nothing lik formula wil even b gven everytn wil jst look like magic to u, wat a boring subject! There were particular times in sec skul i found physcs easy to comprehend dan dat account. All dx faradey's law of electromagnetic induction,escape velocity,motion,vector nd so on i worked then bt i never go beyond m boundry to chemistry oo lol (dats d only subject i see u guyz doing). So guyz lets 4get abt al dx superiority or inferiority to others no field,department,faculty u find yrself not reading in it nd expect somethng great. I had someone dat spends more than 5hours in trying solve accounting questions gven as assignment dats nt small hours out of 24hrs in a day.

(1) (Reply)

Solution To Your Matlab Projects / Describe Your Mathematics Teacher In One Word / The Science Of Learning: How To Study, Understand, And Remember All You Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.