Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,926 members, 7,817,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant - Travel (237) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant (1985130 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by DatechMan(m): 12:50am On Mar 03, 2018
yettyopy:

Hi Mosquito,

I sent u an e-mail. I live close too and will be coming for the job fair. Kindly respond to the e-mail.

Sorry, I didn't get your mail. I did not come to the job fair. I have tried to PM you.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by caon: 1:08am On Mar 03, 2018
papaking1 pls I PMed u
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by vcole: 1:10am On Mar 03, 2018
omambala:

of course VAC Accra cannot be one of them cos it is not in UAE, but at list you have told to use the nearest VAC to you.
yoi actually did the wrong thing. It gave you 4 visa offices and asked you to pick one out of those 4 closest to you to send the passport to and option 2 is to send to Abu Dhabi. You were not supposed to send your passport to Accra because Accra is not your visa office and does not have the counterfpil for your visa that needs to be affixed to your passport. If you wanted to send your passport to Accra, you should have contacted CIC first and requested for your visa office to be changed. However, I am curious as to why you sent to Accra seeing as it is common knowledge that they delay return of passports. ANY other visa office is way faster and better. Anyway good luck.

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by vcole: 1:20am On Mar 03, 2018
Bsbabe:

Ok o. No vex. If they knew Accra was the closest to you, I wonder why they listed the ones in the UAE?
see ehn. You know that thing - reading and comprehension back in pry abi na secondary school.....e be like say refresher course dey needed grin

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Bosayo: 3:05am On Mar 03, 2018
Well done Guys! I have been a silent reader on this thread while my application was in process. I have finally gotten PPR.
My Family and I are going to Toronto for shortlanding for 3 weeks. Pls which area can we stay?
What does Private room and entire place mean on Airbnb.
Lastly, what kind of jackets and dhoescan i buy and where can i get them in nigeria?

Thanks

11 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 5:58am On Mar 03, 2018
Hey guys, came across this, not to discourage anyone as I do not think it is peculiar to Canada alone but to snap doubters back to reality on its occurrence.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/street-checks-halifax-regional-police-moratorium-robyn-atwell-1.4560003
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Tojued: 6:16am On Mar 03, 2018
Aig84:
Hey guys, came across this, not to discourage anyone as I do not think it is peculiar to Canada alone but to snap doubters back to reality on its occurrence.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/street-checks-halifax-regional-police-moratorium-robyn-atwell-1.4560003

Thanks for this info. But seriously I doubt if this can discourage anyone... Street checks in Canada vs SARS in Nigeria...

7 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 7:10am On Mar 03, 2018
My point exactly, if we have survived SARS and ethnic profiling and discrimination in Nigeria as either Maternal or Salford mentioned, then we can survive this. However, a few pages back there are some people were curious to know if it exists in Canada or not. This is for them
Tojued:

Thanks for this info. But seriously I doubt if this can discourage anyone... Street checks in Canada vs SARS in Nigeria...
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by salford1: 7:30am On Mar 03, 2018
Bosayo:
Well done Guys! I have been a silent reader on this thread while my application was in process. I have finally gotten PPR.
My Family and I are going to Toronto for shortlanding for 3 weeks. Pls which area can we stay?
What does Private room and entire place mean on Airbnb.
Lastly, what kind of jackets and dhoescan i buy and where can i get them in nigeria?

Thanks
Private room= Room in the house
Entire place=Whole house.

Congrats on your pr.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by omambala: 9:39am On Mar 03, 2018
vcole:
see ehn. You know that thing - reading and comprehension back in pry abi na secondary school.....e be like say refresher course dey needed grin

madam know it all, this your comment is so not necessary. Why not wait and see how things turn up.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Newmum0615: 11:46am On Mar 03, 2018
Everyone is advising you out of concern I believe. No need for the foul words. Let's hope it turns out ok because I know you won't come back and tell anyone if it turns out otherwise. Good luck anyway.
omambala:

madam know it all, this your comment is so not necessary. Why not wait and see how things turn up.

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by XX01(f): 1:41pm On Mar 03, 2018
omambala:

I also got the same PPR mail, well, I observed that one can send to the nearest VAC in section 1 (preferred). so i sent to Ghana immigration office.
secondly, I noticed that It is a major requirement to send your package through aramex to dubai officeand to best of my knowledge, they are not in Abuja cos that is where i reside.

anyways just sent mine today and hoping for a positive outcome.

Send a CSE to CIC that you would prefer Accra VO.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Tojued: 3:27pm On Mar 03, 2018
Aig84:
My point exactly, if we have survived SARS and ethnic profiling and discrimination in Nigeria as either Maternal or Salford mentioned, then we can survive this. However, a few pages back there are some people were curious to know if it exists in Canada or not. This is for them

Ok
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by vcole: 4:35pm On Mar 03, 2018
omambala:

Thanks for the compliment grin .

5 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by vcole: 4:41pm On Mar 03, 2018
Newmum0615:
Everyone is advising you out of concern I believe. No need for the foul words. Let's hope it turns out ok because I know you won't come back and tell anyone if it turns out otherwise. Good luck anyway.
someone that has a total of 20 posts on his/her profile. 16 from the Australian thread and 4 on this thread all of which were posted on this page and the last. S/he does not deserve the attention being sought.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Tojued: 5:25pm On Mar 03, 2018
vcole:
someone that has a total of 20 posts on his/her profile. 16 from the Australian thread and 4 on this thread all of which were posted on this page and the last. S/he does not deserve the attention being sought.

I don't think the number of posts matters. He had been silent all this while but has obviously benefited and gotten to ppr stage.

Like has been said, let's see how it all plays out. It's actually a very interesting scenerio.

5 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by XX01(f): 5:58pm On Mar 03, 2018
Guys, I'm in Mississauga. Where can I get flu shots for myself and the kids without health cards. This is urgent cos I've called various pharmacies and they keep asking for OHIP.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by vcole: 6:57pm On Mar 03, 2018
Tojued:

I don't think the number of posts matters. He had been silent all this while but has obviously benefited and gotten to ppr stage.
Like has been said, let's see how it all plays out. It's actually a very interesting scenerio.
@ bolded, most likely didn't read the EE/FSW thread enough hence the "customized" interpretation of the passport request s/he received and goes ahead to come out of ghostmode to give wrong advice to someone else who asked a pertinent question and decides to be rude to others who bother to respond. Yes, you are right, the number of posts don't matter but the content of posts surely do.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by vcole: 7:00pm On Mar 03, 2018
XX01:
Guys, I'm in Mississauga. Where can I get flu shots for myself and the kids without health cards. This is urgent cos I've called various pharmacies and they keep asking for OHIP.
I don't think you can get a flu shot without OHIP. Unless you wanna pay out of pocket, then you can probably ask if they have that option available. I may be wrong though.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Tojued: 7:09pm On Mar 03, 2018
vcole:
@ bolded, most likely didn't read the EE/FSW thread enough hence the "customized" interpretation of the passport request s/he received and goes ahead to come out of ghostmode to give wrong advice to someone else who asked a pertinent question and decides to be rude to others who bother to respond. Yes, you are right, the number of posts don't matter but the content of posts surely do.

And now I'm getting attention from the seniors... #runsaway #backtoghostmode cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by tese(f): 8:32pm On Mar 03, 2018
Ballerz:

Hello, please how much did it cost you to get the FRSC letter. A staff in Benin is asking me to pay 25k for the letter.

Mrs O. They will only accept the original of the letter.
The kind of screening she gave letter pass the one bank tellers check when customers present cheques.
Kept reading the three document line by line.
She finally asked " what is a class B" . I simply said equivalent to your Class G. I think it is higher sef cos with class B in Nigeria you fit drive lorry.
She tore off the bio data page attached and returned to me that she doesn't need it.
Gave the documents to her supervisor to sign off on it.
Get someone to DHL it to you.
Or, If you send me an email, I can speak to my colleague who is on secondment there to get your letter for you.
Cheers
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by tese(f): 8:35pm On Mar 03, 2018
Ballerz:

Hello, please how much did it cost you to get the FRSC letter. A staff in Benin is asking me to pay 25k for the letter.

Mrs O. They will only accept the original of the letter.
The kind of screening she gave letter pass the one bank tellers check when customers present cheques.
Kept reading the three document line by line.
She finally asked " what is a class B" . I simply said equivalent to your Class G. I think it is higher sef cos with class B in Nigeria you fit drive lorry.
She tore off the bio data page attached and returned to me that she doesn't need it.
Gave the documents to her supervisor to sign off on it.
Get someone to DHL it to you.
Or, If you send me an email, I can speak to my colleague who is on secondment there to get your letter for you.
Cheers

Pls how much does it cost to get the frsc letter. I ll be landing soon.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by JESUSisable: 9:15pm On Mar 03, 2018
Thanks for your response. I reside in Abuja also and had to travel to Lagos yesterday to send the package through ARAMEX.

,quote author=omambala post=65500389]

I also got the same PPR mail, well, I observed that one can send to the nearest VAC in section 1 (preferred). so i sent to Ghana immigration office.
secondly, I noticed that It is a major requirement to send your package through aramex to dubai officeand to best of my knowledge, they are not in Abuja cos that is where i reside.

anyways just sent mine today and hoping for a positive outcome.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by QSola: 10:09pm On Mar 03, 2018
[quote author=XX01 post=65531065]Guys, I'm in Mississauga. Where can I get flu shots for myself and the kids without health cards. This is urgent cos I've called various pharmacies and they keep asking for OHIP.

U mite av to pay out of your pocket. I dont know if there os rite aid or cvs in canada. U can try big pharmacies
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by bbaby84(f): 10:38pm On Mar 03, 2018
tese:

Pls how much does it cost to get the frsc letter. I ll be landing soon.

It's free. Send them an email.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by vcole: 10:59pm On Mar 03, 2018
Tojued:

And now I'm getting attention from the seniors... #runsaway #backtoghostmode cheesy cheesy cheesy
grin cheesy grin cheesy don't run jorrrr. No seniors for this business oh. Every day na new info. Some of us sef fit get outdated info by now.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by tese(f): 11:04pm On Mar 03, 2018
bbaby84:

It's free. Send them an email.

Thanks. But I need a little more details like where do I collect it (the hard copy) from or can they post it to canada or an addy in Benin or Lagos. I ll be leaving in 3 weeks. Can I authorize my sister to collect it. How long does it take to process etc.

Please if you have recent experience applying for the letter....can you gimme details

Thanks. I m grateful
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by tese(f): 11:14pm On Mar 03, 2018
ladylco:
Where are all the Ontario, Toronto peeps in the house shocked! DM me to join the watsapp group grin

Hello,
Please can people moving to ontario in a few werks be added to the group. �
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by tese(f): 11:52pm On Mar 03, 2018
Ballerz:

You also need to get a letter from FRSC that stipulates your "Fast and Furious Driving" experience.
It is free. They will even DHL it to you.
SO passing the knowledge test plus the letter you can progress to the G2 Road Test.

Cheers

Hi Ballerz,
Thanks for all your tips and advice. I m moving soon. Pls as regards the letter of driving history. Will frsc dhl it to a nigerian address or a canadian address. How long does it take to process (I want to know if I can pick it before I leave) and if I cant, can someone pick it up for me from Abuja.

I heard that driving test offices in ontario says its compulsory inorder to be able to apply for G1 without waiting.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Blackbuddy: 12:13am On Mar 04, 2018
XX01:
Hi, you need to present your health cards at these locations, Shoppers Drug Mart, Rexall, Food Basics Pharmacy, Loblaws Pharmacy and Walmart Pharmacy etc to receive free shots. For walk in clinics, you need an appointment and must present the health cards. The cards are your proof of eligibility for free health service in Ontario. With out the health cards, you'll have to pay out of pocket.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by omambala: 12:24am On Mar 04, 2018
JESUSisable:
Thanks for your response. I reside in Abuja also and had to travel to Lagos yesterday to send the package through ARAMEX.

,quote author=omambala post=65500389]

anyways just sent mine today and hoping for a positive outcome.

hello, I sent you a PM. please
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by omambala: 12:26am On Mar 04, 2018
XX01:

Send a CSE to CIC that you would prefer Accra VO.
ok would do just that. thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (505)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.