Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,316 members, 7,826,257 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Argentina, Nigeria, Korea Republic, Greece: Do We Stand A Chance? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Argentina, Nigeria, Korea Republic, Greece: Do We Stand A Chance? (4243 Views)

Golden Eaglets To Face Korea Republic In The Knock Out Stage / Nigeria-Korea Republic (Fifa U17 Womens WC Quarter Final) Ended 5 - 6 / Korea Republic Vs Nigeria U-17: [1 - 3] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Argentina, Nigeria, Korea Republic, Greece: Do We Stand A Chance? by EnerG: 12:12am On Dec 07, 2009
Quote: from eddiebomba "I maintain, and will still keep saying this -NAIJA BETTER PAS FRANCE!!!!. And since when has argentina started answering france ? Quote: from OvieE, apart from messy who else do they have. Well, since your ignorant enough not to see the others, I will bring them to your notice. There is Mr Tevez, Mr Aguerro, Mr milito, Mr Gago, Mr Sosa, Mr Macherano and many others. And who says they are old papa.
Re: Argentina, Nigeria, Korea Republic, Greece: Do We Stand A Chance? by Ben13: 9:40am On Dec 07, 2009
Argentina again?
Re: Argentina, Nigeria, Korea Republic, Greece: Do We Stand A Chance? by galatico(m): 9:44am On Dec 07, 2009
The Nigerian team can qualify from this group, only if they raise there game .
Re: Argentina, Nigeria, Korea Republic, Greece: Do We Stand A Chance? by Sagamite(m): 11:05am On Dec 07, 2009
dbalinga:

I wish Tunisia had qualified cos SUPER CHICKENS will only add to the no of teams in S.A

Then get the Bleep out of a thread discussing Nigerian football.

Go to a Tunisian website and mourn.
Re: Argentina, Nigeria, Korea Republic, Greece: Do We Stand A Chance? by GNBohr: 11:39am On Dec 07, 2009
Una dey here dey argue about Nigeria chance for world cup wen una no even know wetin dey happen for football house or at the sport commission. Patrick Ikeji just talk say Amodu fit no go world cup depending on his performance at the nations cup. So una no know say may water go still pass under the bridge before we can begin talk of wetin go happen to the team. We know even sure who go be our coach not to talk of the team list. under this scenario, how una go begin yarn about doing well or not. but gong by the present situation, truth be told, we no fit do well. tell me one player that we fit rely on to games around for us. what tactical input amodu fit make if things no go right in a given match situation. do we have a bench from which such input could come from. we no get midfield player that distribute and set up strikers through killer passes. we no get strong backline that we not end up doing ball watching. we no get a reliable striker that can finish off game with half chances. upon am, most of our players are nursing one injury or another. not to belabour this issue, make una check out the 30 man list wey amodu plan to go to unations cup with, una either go laugh or cry. me i don talk my own, i fit be wrong but i be one dey realistic. if we do well even for nation cup na upset we go create, for world cup our falt footed players we loose it to the fast koreans in the absence of a midfield that can possess the ball. against argentina our backline built around yobo can not hold, messi, tevez, higuan, aguero, milito, attackline. who dey ready to combat mascherano for our team. if we score two against argentina be sure we go chop six. na only greece dey weak for that group but their compactness can ruin us. they used successfully in the play off against gus hiddink russia. Enjoy the nations cup and world cup but dont expect victory for the eagles.
Re: Argentina, Nigeria, Korea Republic, Greece: Do We Stand A Chance? by esonic: 11:57am On Dec 07, 2009
I've got the utmost disdain for this Nigerian team, the team is so full of shit, look at the last nations cup, in 2008, our players couldn't even move on the pitch,, we won just one game, and that was against benin republic, and it was hard fought, we couldn't beat mali, cote d'ivoire beat us and my word, Ghana humiliated us, the goal Junior Agogo scored was a pure tap-in and our defenders were so heavy,now imagine coming up against Messi. Even with a man down, Ghana was much the better team .
Then came the world cup qualifiers, we were in the easiest group of the african series and we struggled so much.
Rite here in Abuja, we couldn't beat a largely home-based tunisian side, mozambique was a hard nut both home and away,, we only recorded a double over kenya after we got a fake penalty in abuja and THE YAK scored an offside goal in harare which he tried so hard to miss hitting the upright the first time.
No one could explain how got around qualification, maybe it was God.
Leaving it to permutations, and analysis, this Nigerian team can't go pass the first round, i doubt if we'll be able to score a world cup goal!
But lets leave room for the mysterious,
Re: Argentina, Nigeria, Korea Republic, Greece: Do We Stand A Chance? by omar22(m): 12:13pm On Dec 07, 2009
I've got the utmost disdain for this Nigerian team, the team is so full of poo, look at the last nations cup, in 2008, our players couldn't even move on the pitch,, we won just one game, and that was against benin republic, and it was hard fought, we couldn't beat mali, cote d'ivoire beat us and my word, Ghana humiliated us, the goal Junior Agogo scored was a pure tap-in and our defenders were so heavy,now imagine coming up against Messi. Even with a man down, Ghana was much the better team .
Then came the world cup qualifiers, we were in the easiest group of the african series and we struggled so much.
Rite here in Abuja, we couldn't beat a largely home-based tunisian side, mozambique was a hard nut both home and away,, we only recorded a double over kenya after we got a fake penalty in abuja and THE YAK scored an offside goal in harare which he tried so hard to miss hitting the upright the first time.
No one could explain how got around qualification, maybe it was God.
Leaving it to permutations, and analysis, this Nigerian team can't go pass the first round, i doubt if we'll be able to score a world cup goal!
But lets leave room for the mysterious,

Spot on!!! The game against Tunisia Amodu sat down motionless thinking his next intake of ££££ from those who would play the next game, Amodu should be fired this minute or else we would be a laughing stock at the world (most especially from Ghanaians who recently found their voice)
Re: Argentina, Nigeria, Korea Republic, Greece: Do We Stand A Chance? by honeric01(m): 12:31pm On Dec 07, 2009

noise makers don start again.
Re: Argentina, Nigeria, Korea Republic, Greece: Do We Stand A Chance? by stede(m): 3:03pm On Dec 07, 2009
we should be able to get to round of 16
Re: Argentina, Nigeria, Korea Republic, Greece: Do We Stand A Chance? by adebayo201: 3:56pm On Dec 07, 2009
i hope so wink wink
Re: Argentina, Nigeria, Korea Republic, Greece: Do We Stand A Chance? by mykali(m): 5:50pm On Dec 07, 2009
Nigeria vs Agentina?

Messi vs Yobo?

i laugh grin
Re: Argentina, Nigeria, Korea Republic, Greece: Do We Stand A Chance? by dbalinga(m): 7:17pm On Dec 07, 2009
@Sagamite.
O boy, na wa 4 u oooo. Shuuuuuuu. see me see wahala oooo.
I no fit express my feelings again.
shocked
Re: Argentina, Nigeria, Korea Republic, Greece: Do We Stand A Chance? by jejelolatu(f): 11:35am On Dec 08, 2009
One question-
Who wil stop messi ??

Lets be practical, d super eagles wud be vry lucky to get off wiv a draw!
Re: Argentina, Nigeria, Korea Republic, Greece: Do We Stand A Chance? by honeric01(m): 11:41am On Dec 08, 2009
jejelolatu:

One question-
Who wil stop messi ??

Lets be practical, d super eagles wud be vry lucky to get off wiv a draw!

And is this our first time of playing Argentina with Messi? how has we been stopping him? or have they been beating us black and blue? and with which scorelines? and how many goals has messi scored against Nigeria?
Re: Argentina, Nigeria, Korea Republic, Greece: Do We Stand A Chance? by jejelolatu(f): 12:25pm On Dec 08, 2009
@ honeric

am yet to see a nigerian team beat an argentine team wiv messi on d pitch, (2005 U20finals and beinjing olympics finals)
am nt sayin beatin argentina is impossible or dat messi is invisible, bt if we had to go by d current form of messi nd compare it to dat of our defenders u wud c vry clearly dat messi is no match for our defence.

We dnt hv to be sentimental abt it, wat u see is wat u get.
Our players dnt play in d best teams in d world, nd yet we expect them to deliver world class performances at d world cup whyl playin unda a coach who isnt world class.

Anywaz, if they manage a draw against argentina, they stil hv a gud chance against korea and a fair chance against greece.
Gettin to d round of 16 is nt impossible.
Re: Argentina, Nigeria, Korea Republic, Greece: Do We Stand A Chance? by honeric01(m): 1:03pm On Dec 08, 2009
@jejelolatu

Have u watched any of Argentina's qualification matches? football is a team work, not a one man sport, messi can only perform when his team mates are performing, we have played Argentina with messi included and we didn't do bad so come june, i don't see us not doing well. by the way, June's like 6 months away and alot of things are bond to happen between now and then so it's possible for us to have a good outing come next year but then let us see how the nations cup go first before we talk about the world-cup. one at a time.
Re: Argentina, Nigeria, Korea Republic, Greece: Do We Stand A Chance? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 08, 2009
Kai some ppl dey annoy me 2 much oh,  angry lipsrsealed
mykali:

Nigeria vs Agentina?

Messi vs Yobo?

i laugh grin

1stly, u r acting like yobo is our best player, it shud be Odemwingie vs Messi, i am proud 2 say that odemwingie will perform well,
2ndly, if u saw argentinas qualifiers, common bolivia won them 6-1(is bolivia even a team, na only 2day i dey hear am oh because of how bad they are ) u dont believe me?? check it OUT
http//www.fifa.com
3rdly messi is only 1 person out of 11 people in the team, how can he play attack, defence, AND midfield, he will only get the ball once in a while cos of d position he plays
4thly, if u didnt see on my previous link, ecuador also won them 2-0 
and chile won 1-0

so b4 u criticize naija my [size=20pt]OUR[/size] country, get ur fugging facts straight ok??
thx and god bless  grin grin
Re: Argentina, Nigeria, Korea Republic, Greece: Do We Stand A Chance? by babypalm: 12:15pm On Dec 14, 2009
i do not think there is any big deal about all the teams in our group, what we just need is for our players to be in top physical shape and then play according to instructions, the sky is their limit
Re: Argentina, Nigeria, Korea Republic, Greece: Do We Stand A Chance? by Moranike: 1:44pm On Dec 14, 2009
As nigerians, i believe it's better for us to be patriotic about this super eagles stuff, despite d fact dat they're not okay for naw, at least from now till d WC kicks off in earnest in june. Whether foreign coach or not, eagles will sell.
Re: Argentina, Nigeria, Korea Republic, Greece: Do We Stand A Chance? by slimghost(m): 11:50am On Dec 15, 2009
. angry angry angry angry they should expel Amodu,Taiwo,Olofinjana and Enaramo from that team, then we can talk about our chances of making it to the round of 16's.
Re: Argentina, Nigeria, Korea Republic, Greece: Do We Stand A Chance? by chidi5(m): 1:29pm On Dec 15, 2009
Nigerians should not be scared at all, we will make it thats all what that matters. whether big country or not.
Re: Argentina, Nigeria, Korea Republic, Greece: Do We Stand A Chance? by jejelolatu(f): 5:06pm On Dec 15, 2009
^its dis kinda attitude dat has killed Nigerian football.

We fail to address issues dat ar important nd expect our teams to win evry game nd tournament.
Re: Argentina, Nigeria, Korea Republic, Greece: Do We Stand A Chance? by adebayo201: 6:43pm On Dec 15, 2009
xcatly cool
Re: Argentina, Nigeria, Korea Republic, Greece: Do We Stand A Chance? by chidi5(m): 11:57am On Dec 16, 2009
@jejetolatu, i think u r correct about that. we should be ourselves as nigerians and hope for the best in the world cup.
Re: Argentina, Nigeria, Korea Republic, Greece: Do We Stand A Chance? by rbn: 1:03pm On Dec 16, 2009
Enough of the argument, lets pray and hope for the best.
Re: Argentina, Nigeria, Korea Republic, Greece: Do We Stand A Chance? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 16, 2009
jejelolatu:

its dis kinda attitude dat has killed Nigerian football.
We fail to address issues dat are important and expect our teams to win evry game and tournament.

i agree, we should not TOTALLY forget what is happening to the super eagles, however, the least thing they need right now is insults and complaints, rather than that, y dont u cheer them in hope that they will perform well, after all , if they do/dont do well, there will be nothing u can do 2 change it because its not as if u have special connections, or do u
Re: Argentina, Nigeria, Korea Republic, Greece: Do We Stand A Chance? by jejelolatu(f): 4:23pm On Dec 16, 2009
@bboiabb
if deres anytin hv learnt in lyf, its dat one must alwaz speak ones mind(d truth) cos u neva know who is listening.

We cnt continue to pamper dis boiz, dey must knw dat failure is nt acceptable.
D days of golden bronzes ar over , i believe in d concept nigeria, i hv watched dis boiz play over and over nd its glaring dat d major problem with dis team is lack of passion and drive for success.

Some of us are talking abt d issues, instead of ignoring them nt because we wnt to be able to say "i told u so" wen they fumble but because we see potential in d team nd we knw they can do much betta if dey are pushed.
Re: Argentina, Nigeria, Korea Republic, Greece: Do We Stand A Chance? by Sagamite(m): 4:28pm On Dec 16, 2009
jejelolatu:

@bboiabb
if deres anytin hv learnt in lyf, its dat one must alwaz speak ones mind(d truth) cos u neva know who is listening.

We cnt continue to pamper dis boiz, dey must knw dat failure is nt acceptable.
D days of golden bronzes ar over , i believe in d concept nigeria, i hv watched dis boiz play over and over nd its glaring dat d major problem with dis team is lack of passion and drive for success.

Some of us are talking abt d issues, instead of ignoring them nt because we wnt to be able to say "i told u so" wen they fumble but because we see potential in d team nd we knw they can do much betta if dey are pushed.

I completely agree.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Could Nigeria Have Made It To The Semis If They Qualified? / Tyson Fury Wore A Nigeria Mouth Guard / Discuss The 2007 Formular One Season Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.