Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,728 members, 7,855,067 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 01:19 PM

My Problem With Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Problem With Nigerians (293 Views)

IPOB Angry With Nigerians For Keeping Quiet Over Kanu’s Disappearance / Fuel Scarcity: President Buhari Sympathizes With Nigerians / Buhari Meets With Nigerians Living In Senegal (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Problem With Nigerians by lordsterlin(m): 8:56pm On Feb 08, 2017
My problem with Nigerians is this:

1. We are a whole community of people who basically despise and detest knowledge.

2. We are proud of our nation's population and for some inexplicable reason, we believe that our size on this score gives us the right to claim to be the biggest and best on every other score.

3. Our system of governance is stuck somewhere in the 1950s but we dare to believe that we are Y2017 compliant.

4. Every project we manage to undertake has to be tagged " 1st in Africa" or "Biggest in Africa" while the truth is anything but that.

5. Our political structuring along the democratic system of governance looks good on paper but in reality we practise a variant of a militarised unitary structure that thrives on bullying and brigandage.

6. Outside of the shores of Nigeria, we could easily be one of the best people on earth in scholarly activity, ingenuity, creativity and conduct. Once our feet land on Nigerian soil however, our transformation is immediate and unbelievable.

7. We have the uncanny nack of never planning ahead and a strong reliance on the supernatural to assist with any shortcomings thereto.

8. We are very religious people, no doubt. In our quest and pursuit of money or material possessions however, we easily jettison all religious injunctions against sharp practices and tuck in eagerly to a feast of "by any means" delicacies.

9. Applied Science and technology in Nigeria are easily hailed as holding the answers to our nation's underdevelopment. In reality however, the "system" repeatedly ridicules and frustrates those amongst us with scientific backgrounds. They are denied the tools or opportunities to do anything great but are usually at the receiving end when it is time to trade blames.

10. Our national aspirations are merely lip service strategies to create opportunities for graft. Nothing gets done in Nigeria, unless there is an opportunity somewhere for someone to make a healthy return.

This is the reality of our sad situation. It can get better, but this is what it is today.
Re: My Problem With Nigerians by NLSniper(m): 9:00pm On Feb 08, 2017
When most appointments are political settlements. Experts & Professionals in a certain field are not involved to be stakeholders in the policy making. Lawyers being the head of economic teams. All these are obviously marring the system.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Debt Profile Now $57.39bn-vanguard / Sheriff Plotting To Become PDP Presidential Candidate – Makarfi / What Do You Expect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.