Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,208 members, 7,829,326 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

How A Cockroach Burrowed Into The Roof Of A Woman's Nose, Almost Near The Skull - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How A Cockroach Burrowed Into The Roof Of A Woman's Nose, Almost Near The Skull (437 Views)

Man Vomits Stray Bullet Lodged In His Skull For Months / Indian Twin Kids Joined At The Skull Have Been Successfully Separated (Photos) / Doctors In India Extract A Live Cockroach From Woman's Skull (pic, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How A Cockroach Burrowed Into The Roof Of A Woman's Nose, Almost Near The Skull by Premiumstech(m): 2:59am On Feb 09, 2017
This is a very rare case and it is better imagined than experienced. It is not a new thing to have the sensation of something crawling into the nose but to burrow into the roof of the nose may be the worst case scenario.
A report has it that a 42-year-old woman who lives in Chennai, India, woke up in the middle of the night because she felt an odd "crawling sensation" in her head which turned out to be a real, live cockroach in her nose.

She further narrated that; "I could not explain the feeling, but I was sure it was some insect. There was a tingling, crawling sensation. Whenever it moved, it gave me a burning sensation in my eyes." The woman also complained of experiencing a severe headache and difficulty in breathing.

Being the normal step to take, she visited several clinics before the doctors found out the jaw dropping cause. The cockroach had "burrowed into the roof of the nose, almost near the skull base, which is the dividing point between the brain and the nose," Dr. M.N. Shankar, the ear, nose and throat physician who treated the patient at Stanley Medical College in Chennai, said.

To remove the cockroach, doctors in India first ran an instrument called an endoscope up the woman's nose, so they could see the insect. Then, they used small forceps and a suction machine to remove the bug. The doctors also took a video of their procedure.
It is now Advised to come for medical checkup anytime something wierd is felt in the nose, ears and eyes.
Info source;http://www.premiumstech.com/2017/02/how-cockroach-burrowed-into-roof-of.html?m=1

Re: How A Cockroach Burrowed Into The Roof Of A Woman's Nose, Almost Near The Skull by misteryman: 3:24am On Feb 09, 2017
Women and cockroach

(1) (Reply)

How I Lost The Girl Of My Dreams...read Carefully / See The Huge Cancer Tumor Removed From The Kidney Of A Child In Rivers - Graphic / Sex Wearable Condom Is Coming To Track Your Performance And Judge You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.