Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,247 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

Nigerian Father Xmas: Why Are They So Ugly? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerian Father Xmas: Why Are They So Ugly? (1717 Views)

Man Searching For His Nigerian Father, He Needs Help Finding Him... (pictures) / Why Are Nigerian Santa Clause So Ugly / Hot Body With Ugly Face Or Shapeless Body With Pretty Face.which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Father Xmas: Why Are They So Ugly? by Hanoobaba(m): 10:03am On Dec 05, 2009
Why on earth are Nigerian Santas so unattractive? Majority of them will pass for the local Egungun masquerade.
Year in year out, I don't seem to notice any improvements in there looks. The costumes don't fit, showing the black parts of their necks. And the beards are made of cotton wools and i've even seen beards made from kerosene stove wools. The rain boots are nothing to write home about.
If we must do anything, let's try and do it right. Some of the father christmas can't even speak correct English. (Don't say I told you but, the other day, I noticed that the AIT father xmas was wearing red lipstick) grin
Re: Nigerian Father Xmas: Why Are They So Ugly? by MrCrackles(m): 10:43am On Dec 05, 2009
^ ^ ^ ^ Why are you ugly
Re: Nigerian Father Xmas: Why Are They So Ugly? by Hanoobaba(m): 10:51am On Dec 05, 2009
^^^ Do I look like a Santa to you?
Re: Nigerian Father Xmas: Why Are They So Ugly? by SeanT21(f): 11:00am On Dec 05, 2009
Show us a pic of their father Christmas.
Re: Nigerian Father Xmas: Why Are They So Ugly? by Hanoobaba(m): 11:09am On Dec 05, 2009
SeanT21:

Show us a pic of their father Christmas.
I've been trying to get one, they are all over TV with their ugly faces but I can't find one on the net. Anyway i'll try as much as possible.
Re: Nigerian Father Xmas: Why Are They So Ugly? by SeanT21(f): 11:20am On Dec 05, 2009
K. I really wanna see one.
Re: Nigerian Father Xmas: Why Are They So Ugly? by donjon: 8:46am On Dec 06, 2009
I dont know!
I honestly cant remember the last time i saw one live!
But,
going by the topic, it explains why my neighbours kids always cry when they see santa
Re: Nigerian Father Xmas: Why Are They So Ugly? by Regiblinkz(m): 9:01am On Dec 06, 2009
Naija santa are not that ugly,but i have not seen one in many years FREE, ME GINGER(LORD BLINKZ)
Re: Nigerian Father Xmas: Why Are They So Ugly? by Regiblinkz(m): 9:10am On Dec 06, 2009
I dont think naija santa are that ugly,i haven't seen one in a while(LORD BLINKZ)
Re: Nigerian Father Xmas: Why Are They So Ugly? by donjon: 9:47am On Dec 06, 2009
Why creating a new topic 4 dis?
Re: Nigerian Father Xmas: Why Are They So Ugly? by MssCrackle: 1:38pm On Dec 06, 2009
Our Father Christmas are Ugly becos we copied the whites,
Why not we use our Traditional Masquerades as Father Christmas?
Re: Nigerian Father Xmas: Why Are They So Ugly? by donjon: 3:45pm On Dec 06, 2009
what?
Re: Nigerian Father Xmas: Why Are They So Ugly? by Halliema(f): 10:09pm On Dec 08, 2009
abi o, wool of kerosene stove .lol, so so so ridiculus, u've said it all,bad english,red lipsticks,horrible boots,etc i thnk its just 1 of the ways to extort money 4rm we poor nigerians, the bad part z dat this kids cry when evr they set their eyes on him.den i wonder,why allow this kids go through all dis jst coz they will be given some minor 10 naira sweets and biscuits? 4 real, i may not allow my kids visit this razz nigeria father christmas o.
Re: Nigerian Father Xmas: Why Are They So Ugly? by dominique(f): 11:42pm On Dec 08, 2009
to think i used to adore those santas when i was a kid embarassed
now, i see those them on local tv and i'm like wtf embarassed tongue
i totally second Halliema, no way i'm taking my kids near those wackjobs
Re: Nigerian Father Xmas: Why Are They So Ugly? by maedan(f): 11:45pm On Dec 08, 2009
Our (cheap) Nigerian Fathers Christmas grin will continue to be ugly until they start hiring handsome models and actors to don the Santa gear for the kids. Come on, Ramsey Noah & Co, whaddaya say tongue tongue grin??
Re: Nigerian Father Xmas: Why Are They So Ugly? by platinumnk(f): 11:48pm On Dec 08, 2009
maedan:

Our (cheap) Nigerian Fathers Christmas grin will continue to be ugly until they start hiring handsome models and actors to don the Santa gear for the kids. Come on, Ramsey Noah & Co, whaddaya say tongue tongue grin??

y u had to use Ramsey grin grin grin he doesnt have a tummy anymore !!
Re: Nigerian Father Xmas: Why Are They So Ugly? by dominique(f): 12:09am On Dec 09, 2009
maedan:

and who will recognise them under the costume?
Re: Nigerian Father Xmas: Why Are They So Ugly? by Hanoobaba(m): 1:08am On Dec 09, 2009
Area boys and touts are usually made to wear the costumes, and I don't think any right thinking actor, model or educated person will put on those thick clothes in the hot afternoon blazing sun of Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Father Xmas: Why Are They So Ugly? by kinzo18(m): 7:41am On Dec 09, 2009
Don't tell me you still go to santa or are you a kid? Why are you still interested in santas?
Re: Nigerian Father Xmas: Why Are They So Ugly? by maedan(f): 7:45am On Dec 09, 2009
@dominique
what a question undecided . Who said they needed to be recognized? Even in the costume and the beard, I'm sure kids will be able to tell that their Father Christmas looks a lot better than before tongue.
Re: Nigerian Father Xmas: Why Are They So Ugly? by mamagee3(f): 11:13pm On Dec 26, 2009
This thread is hilarious!!! grin grin
I'll be watching for more replies
. grin grin
Re: Nigerian Father Xmas: Why Are They So Ugly? by 4tune1(m): 9:58am On Dec 28, 2009
@poster  Don't worry naa, rome was not build in a day. From ugly to Fine to hansome to beautiful and wateva. Infact they are stepping up their game, walahi I can't stop lafin on xmas day when I saw an ALBINO father xmas on AIT giving out gift to children. What atracted me initially was d hand and neck, I thought they were painted until when camera  zoom the children taking pics with him.
Re: Nigerian Father Xmas: Why Are They So Ugly? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Dec 28, 2009
what a funny thread.

(1) (Reply)

I Love Nairaland But I Hate The Unseriousness Of Some Nairalanders / Support For Your N.G.O / Wonder Shall Never End Please Make Una Watch This One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.