Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,109 members, 7,818,308 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Why Don't We Have A Lot Of Women In Construction World? - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Why Don't We Have A Lot Of Women In Construction World? (6846 Views)

Steps In Construction Of Residential Buildings / Importance Of Method Statement In Construction / The Purpose Of Scaffolding In Construction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don't We Have A Lot Of Women In Construction World? by Nobody: 7:21am On Dec 29, 2017
you want make iron chok their this thing.
Re: Why Don't We Have A Lot Of Women In Construction World? by virtual3xpert: 7:24am On Dec 29, 2017
Employers almost always want men for such positions. Speaking from experience.
Re: Why Don't We Have A Lot Of Women In Construction World? by Mznaett: 7:32am On Dec 29, 2017
Nl mods won't kill megrin

After how many months? grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't We Have A Lot Of Women In Construction World? by virtual3xpert: 7:32am On Dec 29, 2017
zagadat1:
i've had experiences with a lot of ladies on site... when I was doing my iT programme my other iT mates(females) always complained of the hot sun, how it made their skin darker and they had to stand from morning till night without really having much rest.... they had to leave and go stay at office with architects and structural design engineers... in my opinion some ladies can do it but just few.

This is true, hence my previous post.
Re: Why Don't We Have A Lot Of Women In Construction World? by Tydie0: 7:33am On Dec 29, 2017
I don't want a problem with all these feminist o here!
Re: Why Don't We Have A Lot Of Women In Construction World? by KillerBeauty(f): 7:36am On Dec 29, 2017
ebig21:
Women don't like to be equal to man when it comes to a challenging and mental work, they always like to challenge man in an a.c work, I have never seen a woman vulcanizer, I have never seen a woman block moulder, dey always challenge man in office work and be claiming equality up and down
For warri, ughelli, and sapele Na women dey mould block.
Re: Why Don't We Have A Lot Of Women In Construction World? by Webman007: 7:37am On Dec 29, 2017
The industry have loads of women working in different capacity

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Have A Lot Of Women In Construction World? by ebig21(m): 7:40am On Dec 29, 2017
KillerBeauty:
okay
Re: Why Don't We Have A Lot Of Women In Construction World? by Bollinger(m): 7:44am On Dec 29, 2017
Because it's not meant for women.

Spoken like a true Nigerian. Move to normal countries and your draw will drop. Or maybe you didn't understand the question. Women in construction/property does not always mean manual labour.
Re: Why Don't We Have A Lot Of Women In Construction World? by Chukazu: 7:51am On Dec 29, 2017
For those saying women are not as strong,it (engineering) has nothing to do with strength

On the field/site of work,its usually the interns ,the Apprentice,not so educated that do the physical work...but the real professionals(where women do come in) supervise and do the critical thinking

society and stereotype placed on those profession are what keep women away
Re: Why Don't We Have A Lot Of Women In Construction World? by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 29, 2017
KillerBeauty:

You are very correct, I had a project in Warri and the women did all the concrete works, it is a norm there.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Have A Lot Of Women In Construction World? by Veloxnewsdotcom: 8:01am On Dec 29, 2017
After his successful sold out show on Wednesday,Davido hung out with his daughter at home .
His babymama,Sophia shared videos of him crawling with Imade on his back.

Link: https://www.veloxnews.com/daddy-duties-davido-goofs-around-with-daughter-imade/

#Veloxnews
Re: Why Don't We Have A Lot Of Women In Construction World? by Nobody: 8:01am On Dec 29, 2017
I will say women in Nigeria don't like jobs with stress, if you go to other parts of the world you will see women in this field very active.
See pics below.

Re: Why Don't We Have A Lot Of Women In Construction World? by Richy4(m): 8:03am On Dec 29, 2017
FrenchWay:
A woman shouldn't be kept so long under the sun because of her make-up.

grin grin...

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Have A Lot Of Women In Construction World? by javacompgeek: 8:05am On Dec 29, 2017
Real estate website for sale. Contact WhatsApp 0-8-1-8-4-6-2-3-3-3-2

Re: Why Don't We Have A Lot Of Women In Construction World? by fajob: 8:09am On Dec 29, 2017
So u want to equate Men strength to urs?

check www.jolagict.com
Re: Why Don't We Have A Lot Of Women In Construction World? by Nobody: 8:11am On Dec 29, 2017
I know some successful women in construction. Not these small level construction either.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Have A Lot Of Women In Construction World? by Nobody: 8:13am On Dec 29, 2017
Webman007:
The industry have loads of women working in different capacity

The op clearly hasn't left his domain.
Re: Why Don't We Have A Lot Of Women In Construction World? by francisco327: 8:59am On Dec 29, 2017
because women are the wicker vessels
Re: Why Don't We Have A Lot Of Women In Construction World? by salesforce: 9:13am On Dec 29, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Why Don't We Have A Lot Of Women In Construction World? by orangb: 9:32am On Dec 29, 2017
There are some tasks which should be left for men to do.

Fact remains that men are stronger physically than women are.
Re: Why Don't We Have A Lot Of Women In Construction World? by Nobody: 9:34am On Dec 29, 2017
smiley
Re: Why Don't We Have A Lot Of Women In Construction World? by MinorityTribe: 9:57am On Dec 29, 2017
Well women performed fairly well in the Quantity Surveying profession, The previous president of the organization was a woman anyway along with some top executives. Then Estate management, That profession is swarming with women but i don't think they are a valued profession to the construction sector, Just about anyone can do their job effectively if thought.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Have A Lot Of Women In Construction World? by debolayinka(m): 10:06am On Dec 29, 2017
@ OP
I hope you're in the profession too?
Re: Why Don't We Have A Lot Of Women In Construction World? by nkemjacob2(m): 10:10am On Dec 29, 2017
not all jobs are meant for women. forget this rubbish word "gender inequality" it can Neva be equal.. is not the fault of men neither society that is how it was predestined by God....
Re: Why Don't We Have A Lot Of Women In Construction World? by Vivere: 11:22am On Dec 29, 2017
ebig21:
Women don't like to be equal to man when it comes to a challenging and mental work, they always like to challenge man in an a.c work, I have never seen a woman vulcanizer, I have never seen a woman block moulder, dey always challenge man in office work and be claiming equality up and down
Please keep quiet and hide your poor level of exposure. sad A few years back, I had a couple of women working on my site in Lagos. 3 of them carried headpans filled with sand and cement, and worked really hard as labourers. Another one was a bricklayer. And the 3rd one was an electrician.

The bricklayer actually had a HND from a polytechnic, but couldn't find a job. She was later employed by another construction company not far from my site, as an assistant project manager.

When it is time for decking, you would often find women working as part of the labour force, carrying concrete in their headpans up and down for the construction of the decking, especially in many parts of Lagos. So stop saying what you don't know.

KillerBeauty:

Thank you for telling him the truth, my brother. Even in the SW, there are many of them. undecided
Re: Why Don't We Have A Lot Of Women In Construction World? by vicfy(m): 9:52pm On Dec 29, 2017
Well, I happen to be a property manager, and I'll never advice any woman I know to venture into same field. Its quite risky, n tedious.
Re: Why Don't We Have A Lot Of Women In Construction World? by Nowenuse: 10:01pm On Dec 29, 2017
Millz404:
Its a man’s world. Hard truth

I was reading an article last time and it says 97% of all VC funding goes to male Entrepreneurs while just 3% of funding ends up with female Entrepreneurs. Its not just in engineering.

Every innovation ever carried out what is the ratio of male to female. There is like 1000 male to every female. Even google at a time was modifying "she invent.." to "did you mean he invent.. "

Go to schools and look at the number of male to female dropping off kids. It is more females to males regardless of their qualification. I think women tend to tilt to the supportive family role than actually competiting with males in major professions.

Yeah i hear you saying there are woman in various major positions and professions. But compared to males.... The males always have a very large comparative advantage

In the fashion and cosmetic industries, I think women really outcompete men here.
Re: Why Don't We Have A Lot Of Women In Construction World? by Millz404(m): 11:51pm On Dec 29, 2017
Nowenuse:

In the fashion and cosmetic industries, I think women really outcompete men here.

Maybe in the service sector not production
Re: Why Don't We Have A Lot Of Women In Construction World? by savageyoungboy(m): 7:40am On Mar 02, 2021
From my experience women performs better than men in book related stuffs. They just don't like construction simple.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Interlocking Paving Stones Installation with a Difference / NEW House 3 Bedroom Apartment opp. Nicon Town Estate 4th Roundabout Lekki (PICs) / Nil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.