Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,282 members, 7,815,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Is A Car Really An Asset? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is A Car Really An Asset? (760 Views)

Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? / Loan Up To 5 Million Naira Easily With An Asset / Turn Your Car Into An Asset. Earn Over N100,000 Monthly With Your Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is A Car Really An Asset? by bestspoke: 2:01am On Feb 10, 2017
The usual craze this days is get a good ride before other things, but many hustlers refuse to be wise enough to know that you should secure an asset which is non depreciating.This is the real asset. Buying a piece of landing for example is an asset that gains value.

But a car is a depreciating asset, so I believe you don't really have an asset yet if what you have is a ride you only use for flexing and not for official use for your business. Your car loses value the moment you drive it off the lot and continues to lose value as time goes on.

So guys,entrepreneurs be wise under 30,look away from peer pressure,forget those mumu twitter girls saying BS ask yourself if you really need it right now,Deny yourself the immediate gratification and buy a property before that car, it pays in the future...

My opinion.

3 Likes

Re: Is A Car Really An Asset? by Gbotun(m): 6:01am On Feb 10, 2017
It may be an asset or a liability based on what you use it for. If it's being used for personal uses then it's a liability because it takes money out of your pocket/wallet any returns virtually nothing but if it's main purpose is for business e.g if you are using it for transportation business, goods delivery e.t.c then it becomes an asset.

2 Likes

Re: Is A Car Really An Asset? by bestspoke: 6:21am On Feb 10, 2017
Gbotun:
It may be an asset or a liability based on what you use it for. If it's being used for personal uses then it's a liability because it takes money out of your pocket/wallet any returns virtually nothing but if it's main purpose is for business e.g if you are using it for transportation business, goods delivery e.t.c then it becomes an asset.

Thank you o...but what do we see these days.
Show-offs everywhere,I have arrived etc.
Re: Is A Car Really An Asset? by yusluvad(m): 6:26am On Feb 10, 2017
Capital NO!
Re: Is A Car Really An Asset? by bestspoke: 2:19pm On Feb 10, 2017
yusluvad:
Capital NO!
Wisest decision...
Re: Is A Car Really An Asset? by djlaqua91(m): 3:43pm On Feb 10, 2017
bestspoke:
The usual craze this days is get a good ride before other things, but many hustlers refuse to be wise enough to know that you should secure an asset which is non depreciating.This is the real asset. Buying a piece of landing for example is an asset that gains value.

But a car is a depreciating asset, so I believe you don't really have an asset yet if what you have is a ride you only use for flexing and not for official use for your business. Your car loses value the moment you drive it off the lot and continues to lose value as time goes on.

So guys,entrepreneurs be wise under 30,look away from peer pressure,forget those mumu twitter girls saying BS ask yourself if you really need it right now,Deny yourself the immediate gratification and buy a property before that car, it pays in the future...

My opinion.

I agree with this. I have chosen not to buy a car, but instead use the funds to acquire plots of land. In this recession, man must be wise.
All my businesses and places of living are within a LGA, so i don't see the need for a ride apart from flexing.

The day i buy a car, it must play a role in fetching me money as i ride it.

2 Likes

Re: Is A Car Really An Asset? by kolnel: 4:19pm On Feb 10, 2017
NO
It could either be a necessity or a liability depending on what the car is being used for
Re: Is A Car Really An Asset? by ijeshaboy: 4:27pm On Feb 10, 2017
@OP you are very right, cars isn't an asset but a necessity if required.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Dangote Sells His Noddles Company To Indomie / Reasons To Download The New Mobile Banking App By UBA / Business Secret!- Achieve Everyday Selling With Ecommerce Website.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.