Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,458 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

US Appeals Court Rules Against Trump On Travel Ban - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Appeals Court Rules Against Trump On Travel Ban (19208 Views)

Iran Issues Warrant Of Arrest Against Trump, Others Over Death Of Its General / Thousands Of Women March Against Trump On His One Year Anniversary (Photos) / 2.5million: Crowd Marching Against Trump In The U.S. (photos). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Appeals Court Rules Against Trump On Travel Ban by tete7000(m): 10:42am On Feb 10, 2017
solid3:
By the time these Muslim refugee show their colour, America will know what Trump is trying to save them from.

An gba omo adie lowo iku, oni a je koun re atan lo jeun. Ok

Trump ban in the long run can not keep America safe. You target terrorism not a race or a nation. Trump is loud about lambasting African leaders but in his approach to issues, he resembles them the most. He deploys the laziest strategy to fight his cause. Americans already have strongest immigration strategy to ensure refugees with criminal records are sieved out at port of entry. Only lazy people think blanket ban of country, race or people is the way to fight a crime. Such method is called stereotyping. It is what we Nigerians complain of when we are treated as drug peddlers because few of our brothers and sisters are engaged in it. Because of indiscretion of few, you don't subject a people to disgrace. It is immoral and disgusting.

5 Likes

Re: US Appeals Court Rules Against Trump On Travel Ban by malware: 10:45am On Feb 10, 2017
tete7000:

Trump ban in the long run can not keep America safe. You target terrorism not a race or a nation. Trump is loud about lambasting African leaders but in his approach to issues, he resembles them the most. He deploys the laziest strategy to fight his cause. Americans already have strongest immigration strategy to ensure refugees with criminal records are sieved out at port of entry. Only lazy people think blanket ban of country, race or people is the way to fight a crime. Such method is called stereotyping. It is what we Nigerians complain of when we are treated as drug peddlers because few of our brothers and sisters are engaged in it. Because of indiscretion of few, you don't subject a people to disgrace. It is immoral and disgusting.

I really like your sense of reasoning guy. Some people are so daft to use their brain a little and think outside the box just because of their induced hatred for a particular religion.

1 Like

Re: US Appeals Court Rules Against Trump On Travel Ban by tete7000(m): 10:51am On Feb 10, 2017
malware:

I really like your sense of reasoning guy. Some people are so daft to use their brain a little and think outside the box just because of their induced hatred for a particular religion.
Re: US Appeals Court Rules Against Trump On Travel Ban by tete7000(m): 10:52am On Feb 10, 2017
malware:

Thanks my brother. What many don't understand you can't use hate to cure hate. It is impossible.

2 Likes

Re: US Appeals Court Rules Against Trump On Travel Ban by malware: 10:53am On Feb 10, 2017
solid3:
By the time these Muslim refugee show their colour, America will know what Trump is trying to save them from.

1. US invaded Iraq and killed their leader, US troops are still in Iraq allegedly fighting the so called ISIS, destroying Iraqi infrastructures in the process and yet the same US tagged Iraqis terrorists and banned them from entering the US while their nationals are still on the Iraqi soil.... Is there any fair play here?

2. The US also banned Iranians from entering their country.... Trump said you Iranians stay in your country, don't come anywhere close but yet the same US meddles in the internal affairs of Iran through sanctions just because the country test-fired missile weapons to test their military readiness in case of any external military aggression and the same US has stockpiles of nuclear war heads in it's arsenal, where is the fair play here?

3. I also heard that the same US recently attacked some Yemeni cities in it's so called war against terror, a country that was included in the travel ban list... Mr. Trump you said you don't need Yemenis in your country then why did you send your troops to destroy their's? is that your own definition of fair play?

4. The United States had dropped the bombs on Japan with the consent of the United Kingdom as outlined in the Quebec Agreement. The two bombings, which killed at least 129,000 people, remain the only use of nuclear weapons for warfare in history.source https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_bombings_of_Hiroshima_and_Nagasaki. this simply showed that the US alone had killed more people than the so called terrorist it claimed to be fighting and yet Japan has not banned US citizens from visiting their country so who is fooling who?

The most painful part of it is how some people, mostly Christians chose to buy the US definition of terrorists when in real sense the US is the biggest terrorist and the major sponsor of state terrorism.

The only terror attack the US is using to justify it's clamp down on Muslim countries was the September 11 attack which was allegedly masterminded by Osama Bin Laden, a person trained and sponsored by the same US... Operation Cyclone was the code name for the United States Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) program to arm and finance the Jihadi warriors, mujahideen, in Afghanistan from 1979 to 1989, prior to and during the military intervention by the USSR in support of its client, the Democratic Republic of Afghanistan. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Cyclone.

So from the foregoing, who is the real world terrorist?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Appeals Court Rules Against Trump On Travel Ban by agitator: 10:53am On Feb 10, 2017
azimibraun:
Some of us were left with bruised an broken ego when some Nigerians will team up against us an want to force us to believe Trump will be like an authoocrat in a movie. We struggled to tell them the US has laws an institutions you are impeachment an embarrassment when you policies an programmes are inimical to the larger American position. We were outnumbered by illiterates. Oya! Let Supermman Trump do those things he ws shouting bout in his campaigns. Talk is cheap an Trump is cheap. He knows those rhetoric will win him the election but are not practicable. So he sai them nd will then want prosperity to judge him fairly that he had goo intentions attempted to implement them but the laws of the land an some "crazy folks" prevented him. Just for the records. Trump will be a flat leader.

omenkaLives:
They have been showing their "real colours" and US has been handlig them since 911 at home and abroad a d dont need caution or advice from folks like you.

The law has spoken. They know what's best for them. Wail not for the Americans, you already have sufficient problems back home.

modath:

When i opined that the EO was treasonous & illegal, would not stand the test of time & will surely be thrown out by the courts, some chronically embittered & disgruntled element did the usual ,somersaulted like deranged gorillas to abuse their generations (they got IT as usual sad)

Drump for all his craze knew his support base werefilled with irrational hate & bias said all he did to garner votes by feeding their fear & hate.... I read one piece where some of his ardent supporters (not very intelligent BTW) claimed he has broken promises made to them to repeal gay right laws....

I JUST LAUGHED!! cheesy cheesy ... Even mad man sabi traffic, he won't mess with the gay mafia... Dem never cook the liver wey he go chop fit dare am... smiley

hmmmmmmm, intelligent Nigerians are quite an interesting breed. What an irony, same people who cheer on a leader to flout court orders, and now in euphoria over another court decision against another president. undecided undecided undecided
Re: US Appeals Court Rules Against Trump On Travel Ban by TheNonce: 11:01am On Feb 10, 2017
modath:

CIA? You guys know so little and won't ask to be enlightened.. smiley

Anyway, I will do you this undeserved favour because Christ didn't teach us to Hate like you guys have made an art form.... CIA/FBI/Homeland security aren't happy with Trump because he has made their jobs harder to do...

When citizens of a country are banned , their moles are too, so it is inimical to America's peace & security... The saying, Keep your enemies close....... Go read up & Thank me later.. smiley

HATE? Do I sound like a muslim to you? And why are you in such a haste to jump into conclusions? As for your enlightenment statement let me let that slide for now!

Madam even if the courts save those asylum seekers from those countries of interest that have been black listed? The America that I know that are the kings of espionage would still ensure that it's alphabet boys handle any miscreants who still get in aand may attempt to engage in any acts that would affect the united states security! And that includes the use of "unconstitutional as well as black ops tactics"!

Islam has done itself no favors in the west and their is no hiding place left!

Make love to the truth!
Re: US Appeals Court Rules Against Trump On Travel Ban by ojimbo(m): 11:11am On Feb 10, 2017
legendte:

Afonja forming Igbo
I don't have to go into arguments with you just to proove prove the fact. But if you are interested in Politics and world affairs. Why noy start it now. Read and follow up so that you won't be left behind. Donald Trump is evil and all his American supporters are Racist. Did you ever heard any message or did he ever tweet about that killings of Biafrans on his inauguration day? That's example of what we have been telling you people. Imagine referring to a black man As "African American" forgotten he too is European American
Re: US Appeals Court Rules Against Trump On Travel Ban by Sctests: 11:17am On Feb 10, 2017
I think Trump start arresting some of these pro-Islam judges. Infact If Trump suspends the constution, use Veto powers, decrees to keep Americans safe from murderous muslims, he will be loved even more. He should clear the augean stable once and for all, without giving a toss.

Pro-buhari Muslim zombies who support the tyrannical senile dullard
shouldn't find this difficult to support. But the opposite seems to be case. Why? grin
Re: US Appeals Court Rules Against Trump On Travel Ban by Sctests: 11:26am On Feb 10, 2017
ojimbo:
Let me make it clear to everyone. When some group of people are misguided, bear it in mind that not everyone is myopic.
The reason why the igbos were very happy about trumps victory was that they misinterpreted his statement when he was urging the UK to exit the European Union. Which he said that every nation has right of self independence.
The statement was misinterpreted by some of Igbos that Trump has promised them that he will help them to get Biafra if his wins. Which was a lie.
As an igbo man and who have always want the betterment of Southern Nigeria including the Yorubas. Whom I know I can call my neighbours irrespective of our differences in Politics. I was strongly against Igbos jubilation because of Donald trumps victory. Most of them have not even heard one speech from Donald trump and what made them fall in love with him is beyond my Imagination. As someone who have followed international politics and have been following Donald trump. I want to let all igbos to know that Donald Trump is a die hard Racist. He don't give a fook if Africa as a continent wiped off from the surface of earth.
This man is evil and for whosoever that is supporting this man. This is not the kind of man we need at this time. He is Evil and a lair

Oga close mouth, Whether Trump is a racist or not is immaterial. Are we Christian Igbos not already living with ethnic and religious bigots like yoruba and hausa/fulanis. What can be worse than that?

Is Trump the one killing Christian Igbos in the north or is he the yoruba muslim shouting 'I prefer an almajiri president to a christian Igbo'.

Go and take a sit. Igbos are not fools and it is been proven that you all are not more intelligent than them.
Re: US Appeals Court Rules Against Trump On Travel Ban by obixcel(m): 11:32am On Feb 10, 2017
U.S. Code on “Inadmissible Aliens
Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions by President
Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate.
Re: US Appeals Court Rules Against Trump On Travel Ban by Nobody: 11:38am On Feb 10, 2017
omenkaLives:
Like telling your congregation to cut off the head of any fulani man you come across?

that was just a response to the millions of persecution being faced Christians in the north.

You cannot compare one pastor telling his congregation that versus an entire religion whose very own bible is based on cutting of Christians head daily as if it was some kind of sport.
Re: US Appeals Court Rules Against Trump On Travel Ban by Badgers14: 12:20pm On Feb 10, 2017
Nogodye:
But i think Trump is trying to protect the country and make it more secure...

Osam bin Laden is from Saudi Arabia... Most of the masterminds of 9/11 same.

Osama bin Laden was found in Pakistan.

Where are those countries on the list
Re: US Appeals Court Rules Against Trump On Travel Ban by legendte(m): 12:30pm On Feb 10, 2017
ojimbo:
I don't have to go into arguments with you just to proove prove the fact. But if you are interested in Politics and world affairs. Why noy start it now. Read and follow up so that you won't be left behind. Donald Trump is evil and all his American supporters are Racist. Did you ever heard any message or did he ever tweet about that killings of Biafrans on his inauguration day? That's example of what we have been telling you people. Imagine referring to a black man As "African American" forgotten he too is European American
I may not totally agree with Trump in all his ways but the problem here is that we have been so used to media blackmail and political correctness. Why would you tag a politician as evil just because he doesn't serve your interest. The earlier you see politics as purely a game of interest, the better for you. The jihadist group became so emboldened during the last administration because of the tacit approval from Obama. Only hypocrites like you would fail to acknowledge the fast movement of radical Islam all around the world. White should be white and black should be black. Everyone of us would be in trouble should these jihadists establish themselves in Washington. These men have been using money and politics to take advantage of the constitution to further their interest. A christian woman was fired because she refused to sign the marriage certificate of a gay couple. Some schools do not pray in the morning anymore simply because the Muslim faithful took them to court. Because Christianity is not violent that's why we didn't get lots of protest from the Islamic Obama administration. Just take a look at what is happening in Nigeria under same establishment of Obama. IPOB were not celebrating because Trump would directly influence their course but you have to know that your enemy's enemy is your friend. Trump represents a symbol that would oppose the Islamic movement at the world stage. Do you also call Israel silly people because they have been happy because Trump won? Secondly, Igbo is pro PDP and they are happy because Democrats and APC got served.
Please next time you want to bring up these your shrewd trash, do not rope Igbos in by mentioning us. Stick to where or whatever you stand for and make your remarks.
Re: US Appeals Court Rules Against Trump On Travel Ban by Kiakia(m): 1:08pm On Feb 10, 2017
omenkaLives:

http://t.guardian.ng/news/us-appeals-court-rules-against-trump-on-travel-ban/

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/09/politics/travel-ban-9th-circuit-ruling-immigration

Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44
Next stop: The Supreme Court. Trump has pledged to continue the battle to restore his travel ban.
Re: US Appeals Court Rules Against Trump On Travel Ban by ojimbo(m): 1:12pm On Feb 10, 2017
legendte:

I may not totally agree with Trump in all his ways but the problem here is that we have been so used to media blackmail and political correctness. Why would you tag a politician as evil just because he doesn't serve your interest. The earlier you see politics as purely a game of interest, the better for you. The jihadist group became so emboldened during the last administration because of the tacit approval from Obama. Only hypocrites like you would fail to acknowledge the fast movement of radical Islam all around the world. White should be white and black should be black. Everyone of us would be in trouble should these jihadists establish themselves in Washington. These men have been using money and politics to take advantage of the constitution to further their interest. A christian woman was fired because she refused to sign the marriage certificate of a gay couple. Some schools do not pray in the morning anymore simply because the Muslim faithful took them to court. Because Christianity is not violent that's why we didn't get lots of protest from the Islamic Obama administration. Just take a look at what is happening in Nigeria under same establishment of Obama. IPOB were not celebrating because Trump would directly influence their course but you have to know that your enemy's enemy is your friend. Trump represents a symbol that would oppose the Islamic movement at the world stage. Do you also call Israel silly people because they have been happy because Trump won? Secondly, Igbo is pro PDP and they are happy because Democrats and APC got served.
Please next time you want to bring up these your shrewd trash, do not rope Igbos in by mentioning us. Stick to where or whatever you stand for and make your remarks.
I am glad to read your post and like you seems to have answers to every problem in the world.
First, correct me if you are not the one that is misguided by media. Take a review of Donald Trump' s tweets and during his campaign. You will understand that he is so much concern with only whites staying in America forgotten that atrocities the Europeans did to native Americans before they took the land from them. He even forgot that his grand parents weren't Americans, but yo him hr always sees himself as the real Americans. While referring to a black man as African Americans. Is that statement not a sign of a die hard Racist?
Second, the jihadist group has come to stay. It is an ideology, which only peace and love is the only solution to wipe it out. America has at least 3% Muslims and form you to label all those Muslims jihads is a wrong statement. Obama never filed not encouraged jihad. Internet is where they got radicalized. You don't counter violence with violence because It is not and can never be the solution to terrorism. That's why Obama have been avoiding to use that word "Islamic Terrorist"
In the aspect of students praying in the morning in schools. in an advance countries, gathering the students to pray in the morning is violation of human and it is a total child abuse. I stay in Europe and I can tell you that there is nothing like praying in schools, if you want to practice your religion, wait till you dismiss from class and then you can visit your religious place or you can choose one private place andd have your prayers.
Don't see the world because you are in Nigeria. Visit civilized countries and you view of the world will change.
In the aspect of firing a christian woman because she refuses to sign marriage certificate of a gay couple. I believe she the constitution of a country which she lives in? Tolerant is one of the key points in civilized nations. Just because your religious book labelled Gay an abomination does not eman that another person's religious book will do so. The law of the land approves Gay marriage so why is she going against the law?
Trump is a key of numb that is about to blow. He doesn't have any idea what politics is all about. Not less than three weeks as thrnoresident of USA, he has been disgraced and everything he was bragging of that even made some white racist to vote for him. The whole saga is getting cleared to him unfortunately he is now learning politics.

1 Like

Re: US Appeals Court Rules Against Trump On Travel Ban by ojimbo(m): 1:15pm On Feb 10, 2017
Sctests:

Oga close mouth, Whether Trump is a racist or not is immaterial. Are we Christian Igbos not already living with ethnic and religious bigots like yoruba and hausa/fulanis. What can be worse than that?

Is Trump the one killing Christian Igbos in the north or is he the yoruba muslim shouting 'I prefer an almajiri president to a christian Igbo'.

Go and take a sit. Igbos are not fools and it is been proven that you all are not more intelligent than them.
I don't really understand your point. And please don't refer to Igbos as Christians because right now. There is high rate of Atheism and Traditionism in igbo now.
Re: US Appeals Court Rules Against Trump On Travel Ban by Nobody: 2:26pm On Feb 10, 2017
Dudeweedlmao:

but atleast Christians don't blow people up at the slightest provocation

We preach tolerance and practise it.

The Quebec Mosque attacker that killed loads and injured many is a Christain terrorist.

Re: US Appeals Court Rules Against Trump On Travel Ban by Nobody: 2:28pm On Feb 10, 2017
ollah1:

The Quebec Mosque attacker that killed loads and injured many is a Christain terrorist.

Now take that statistics and compare it with all the other terrorist attacks that have been successfully targeted at Christians.
Re: US Appeals Court Rules Against Trump On Travel Ban by Nobody: 2:42pm On Feb 10, 2017
Dudeweedlmao:

Now take that statistics and compare it with all the other terrorist attacks that have been successfully targeted at Christians.

The attacks in Iraq, Yemen, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria et al were attacks mainly on Muslims. Who orchestrated these attacks?? Christains!!

Re: US Appeals Court Rules Against Trump On Travel Ban by hannyjay(f): 2:59pm On Feb 10, 2017
We no go gree we ipob no go gree Trump is our president. Buhari bribe d appeal court. FOOOOOLISH ipob has spoken
Re: US Appeals Court Rules Against Trump On Travel Ban by InvertedHammer: 3:11pm On Feb 10, 2017
/
Biting the nose to spite the face.

/
Re: US Appeals Court Rules Against Trump On Travel Ban by Godiloveu(f): 3:28pm On Feb 10, 2017
modath:

Common now, are you for real? Who cheered him? You missed the protests? Less than 40% voted cos they believed the ones that will won't vote for an orange mad man racist puppet! !

fine girl u tried jare!
we all know his election was rigged by the Russians, the last administration found out so late n there was nothing they could oda than place oda set of sanctions n send some official packing.

Trump should enjoy while it last, the judiciary will visit him soon with plenty court cases.

Note
on the part of sending those radical Terrorist home, 100% I support
Re: US Appeals Court Rules Against Trump On Travel Ban by louie3(m): 6:31pm On Feb 10, 2017
BUHARImyDOG:
Igbos are doing well anywhere they find their self for instance in lagos ,they live in better house ,ride better cars ,do better jobs ,I haven't seen an hausa banker before,many banks are filled with igbos in lagos,even d so called yorubas work under igbos in lagos ,go to lagos island many yorubas are living under d bridge.

am not a tribalist OK
You are just a unique kind of STUPID.
Re: US Appeals Court Rules Against Trump On Travel Ban by davidif: 12:09am On Feb 11, 2017
solid3:

Then why didn't he ban travel from countries wherr the 9/11 hijackers were from like Saudi Arabia, Egypt Pakiatan and co?
Re: US Appeals Court Rules Against Trump On Travel Ban by davidif: 12:22am On Feb 11, 2017
Nogodye:
But i think Trump is trying to protect the country and make it more secure...

Then why didn't he ban travel from countries wherr the 9/11 hijackers were from like Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Pakistan? Is it because he has so much business interests in those countries?
Re: US Appeals Court Rules Against Trump On Travel Ban by davidif: 12:28am On Feb 11, 2017
TheNonce:

What the Donald might not get through the courts, the c.i.a would definitely get through the streets! Muslims don cast finish for Yankee! Stay away or _fuck off to dubai! Simple.... wink

Wait what?!?!

You are highly more misinformed. The CIA are not allowed to operate within the U.S.

1 Like

Re: US Appeals Court Rules Against Trump On Travel Ban by davidif: 12:34am On Feb 11, 2017
BUHARImyDOG:
Igbos are doing well anywhere they find their self for instance in lagos ,they live in better house ,ride better cars ,do better jobs ,I haven't seen an hausa banker before,many banks are filled with igbos in lagos,even d so called yorubas work under igbos in lagos ,go to lagos island many yorubas are living under d bridge.

am not a tribalist OK

So there are no homeless people in the east who live under bridges abi?
Re: US Appeals Court Rules Against Trump On Travel Ban by davidif: 12:50am On Feb 11, 2017
PFRB:
When one or two Igbos say or do something, they say it is the whole Igbos. Habbbbbaaaaaaaa

Isn't that they do to Muslims also.
Re: US Appeals Court Rules Against Trump On Travel Ban by davidif: 1:54am On Feb 11, 2017
Dudeweedlmao:

but atleast Christians don't blow people up at the slightest provocation

We preach tolerance and practise it.

Really? Like the IPOB youths? Like the pastors who use people for rituals?
Re: US Appeals Court Rules Against Trump On Travel Ban by davidif: 2:49am On Feb 11, 2017
legendte:

My thoughts

Well your thoughts are wrong. The CIA is not allowed to conduct operations within the U.S.

1 Like

Re: US Appeals Court Rules Against Trump On Travel Ban by davidif: 3:22am On Feb 11, 2017
ISpiksDaTroof:

We do not need your advice. We've survived 100s of years without a mad man at the helm of our affairs. Men like Trump are alien to us, and we only hear of them running far off third world countries in Africa and the such. Perhaps, after we impeach him (if we don't lock him up) you should make Trump President of your country?

Don't mind them jo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Putin Will Not Attend BRICS Summit - South Africa Govt / Montana Passes Bill Blocking Tiktok Downloads / ANC Resolves To Downgrade Embassy In Israel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.